It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your plan for dec 21, 2102

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I wonder how many of us will take time off work?
How many will have a sleepless night?
How many will spend the day gazing at the sky?
Or if you will simply go about your daily business laughing at the tinfoil hats people?
And how will you be feeling if nothing happens? Glad or upset?

Or maybe you are one of those (like me) who believes that that date is just the apogee. I believe that we will see world changing events months before that crucial date but I will certainly not be doing anything that day and wait with a mix of hope and anxiety.

[edit on 27-1-2008 by TheOracle]

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 02:00 AM
link   
if the 21 Dec 2012 prediction is right... I wont be here to give an eyewitness account, LOL should i see it ....well wont need to let you know

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I will be going about life as normal. I would put all of my money on it that nothing happens, absolutely Nothing!

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 02:13 AM
link   
I am curious how sure we can be that the date that we consider to be Dec 21, 2012 is the same day that the Mayan's consider it to be. If I knew for certain, I would admittedly be a little nervous. So much has been discussed on the topic that it will honestly be on my mind. Without knowing the exact date for sure though, there isn't much I will do.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
That's a good question. Supposing nothing catastrophic happens before that date. I will probably be celebrating Christmas with the family. However, I am thinking on stashing up some stuff up north. The essentials: Food, guns and ammo, manual flashlights, solar panels, fuel etc. That being said a couple of weeks before December 21 I would probably revise what route I should take to the hideaway just in case. If nothing happens, at least I will know I was ready. If something does happen...my course of action will be clear.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I plan to be long dead before 2102, I'd be over a 100 and that many years on the clock scares me.

Anyway I doubt that would ever happen.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Assuming the Oracle transposed a few numbers, as you said, we should know long before that date as we get closer to that astronomical event.

But there is somewhere else in the world that is a day ahead of us. So maybe I have at least one days notice? Yeah, I know it was the Mayan calender.
But maybe we're not actually one the same page or date system either. Some speculate that we're off by 4 years and it's actually this year.

I wonder if people around Dec. 21st 2012 will celebrate Christmas a few days earlier. I suppose anything related to survival will be on the wish list.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I plan on spending it with my husband as it falls on our tenth anniversary. If anything happens, then our celebrations may be moved to an underground bunker or mountain cave.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOracle

Probly be dead and doing my own thing in the great beyond.
2102 is a long ways off =)

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
In 2102 i think i plan to be no more
i know what you mean, i dont have any plans right now maybe we should plan a party for that night or week? somwhere out in the boonies? then we shall either see it coming or go home with a bad headache, my honest opinion however 2012 is something good for mankind, something which will show us the right path to enilightenment, a time for humanity to rid itself of old rubbish. IMHO

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
snap cant edit the date anymore...silly me lol
anyways a party is a very nice idea, maybe we shall all gather somewhere

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
There's a high probability that, if there will be a situation X that will change mankind on dec 2012, we'll more than likely see the signs leading to hte climax before hand (and I mean obvious signs, not speculative)

If that is the case, and it becomes apparent that I won't be able to escape it or survive. I think I'd want to spend my last day with my family as if it were new years. Then at night, I will spend my last night of sleep next to my wife. I'll tell her that I love her, kiss her goodnight and pray that there will be another tomorrow for us.

However, should the situation be such that we can escape (martial law as opposed to an asteroid crashing on earth) then I'll definetely be planning for an escape.

[edit on 27-1-2008 by Question]

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I'm planning to post a thread that says all the 2012 doom sayers were self-deluded and less than bright.

I mean, what actual evidence is there that something will happen? Please explain.

[edit on 27-1-2008 by rizla]

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
12.21.2012 is the end of the Baktun Long Count. A period of 13 Baktuns 5,125.36 years is indicated on creation monuments as one 'World Age', 5 such 'World Ages' or about 25,627 is equal to one precession. It is not the end of the Mayan Calendar, but a specific marker. On that day the Winter Solstice Sun will pass through the Galactic Center, marking the end of the age of Pieces and the beginning of age of Aquarius. This is the Precession of the Equinox and is part of a 26,000 year cycle. The Marker is also the end of the Kali Yuga or Dark Age as spoken of in the Veda (Thats right, We are in a Dark Age now...not a Golden Age) and is the beginning of the Satya Yuga or the Golden Age. The last Golden Age ended 13,000 years ago with the destruction of Atlantis and Lemuria. Interestingly enough, the Tzolk'in is the Sacred calendar of the Maya and is based on the cycles of the Pleiades. The cycle of the Pleiades uses 26,000 years, but is reflected in the calendar we are using by encompassing 260 days. It uses the sacred numbers 13 and 20. The 13 represents the numbers and 20 represents the sun/glyphs. Back to the Date itself... Believe it or not we are now 4th dimensional (not 3rd)...since 1978 artificially and 1998 naturally, 12.21.2012 is also a major marker on our way to 5th dimensional existence. Being as such, predictions past that day are very difficult (as many psychics have claimed, I have no problems), not because the world ends...but because it goes into a 5th dimensional state. At the time of the occultation of the galactic center by the winter solstice sun 2 Stargates will open PitruLoka and SiddhaLoka (sanskrit)... I hope to be at the Kukulcan Pyramid, Looking straight up Zenith at 12NOON...there is a Sky-Light in the temple for just that reason... and if you go to the chamber below you will find the infamous "Mayan Astronaut" glyphs. By the time we reach 12.21.2012 we will have undergone a huge consciousness shift... Many may say nothing happened on Y2K...but a lot did happen...and it was another marker... Humanity made choices, and that is what it is about, each person making their own conclusions, their own truths, putting their pieces of the puzzle together. For many, sadly enough, will not experience anything and will not grow or learn anything... For these people, even when Mass Landings of Beings from other stars and planets arrive they will not be able to believe...

SO... Don't worry about the day itself...but how you will lead your life down the paths that manifest on your way to that date. Mass landings could and would happen tomorrow if the Collective Consciousness of the Planet was ready... Lets work on getting there faster =P

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   
From what I have seen, the "magic" date of dec 21 2012 is much like the horrifically tragic date of Y2K. Wow, that was good that I spent the day deep in the bunker safe from killer Zombies. Lots of worry with little substance.

Misreading of the Mayan calendar. Nostradamus interpretations. Mathematical hokus pokus. Supposed killer asteroid that no one knows about. Random magnetic pole flips. John Titors neighbors cousins mailman's birthday. Can anyone point to anything meaningful or is it all simply idle speculation?

If all anyone has is a randomly selected date based on speculative fiction, then I will be conducting business as usual. Dec 21, 2012 is no different than yesterday or tomorrow.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by rizla
I'm planning to post a thread that says all the 2012 doom sayers were self-deluded and less than bright.

I mean, what actual evidence is there that something will happen? Please explain.

[edit on 27-1-2008 by rizla]

I was going along good, getting a feel for how this shaped up for both sides, and I see this.

How does this add to civil discussion? What can I learn from this that's worth learning?

Gee guys, I thought you all were better than this. So give me more things to think about, from all sides of the issue, but don't make me wade mud to find it.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Well, I hope to spend that day having some sort of spiritual enlightenment. But if not, I will have a beer and watch TV.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
If I am still alive 21 December 2012 -- which is doubtful at my age -- just think 'crone' -- but if I am still alive I will be as far away from coastal areas as possible -- just a hunch.

And if I am still living here at my place away from the world, I and my dogs will spend the night before, as well as the day and night of 21 Dec. camping out in prayer in the cave at the back of my property.

Nothing like a good cave when you need it.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Hmm....like others i agree i wont know what to do until i see weird things happening. In 2012, i will be 20 years old.....hmmm.....where do i want to be at 20 years old at the big ol' 2012? I'm hoping to be in the Marine Corps (highly unlikly but a good drive nonetheless), so hopefully if i make it into the Corps, i might be protecting the POTUS , helping guard him as he strolls through Dulce!

But yeah, its a matter of give or take , whether you believe it or not. All of us, will be able to decide whether its bunk or real when it looms closer, so its all good. We just cant be bad, do good things, help your fellows (who cares if their a Jew or an arab, they are your fellow humans) and all in all , just think of yourself as the harbinger of positivity and light because if we are all downers to everyone, lifes just gonna plain suck.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I'd have to check my roster to make plans. There's a 50% chance I'll be working for 12 hours, spending 1 hour on the road, 8 hours sleeping which leaves exactly 3 hours in which I won't even be thinking about anything to do with prophecies. In the 50% chance I won't be working I'll have much more time to devote to things other than prophecies and seeing it's the summer solstice here it should be a top day - enjoy as many of those as you can.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join