It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Islamists planned attacks across Europe

page: 1
0

log in

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Islamists planned attacks across Europe


www.reuters.com

slamist extremists were planning attacks across Europe, especially against public transport, before their arrests in Barcelona last weekend, a Spanish paper reported on Saturday, citing a would-be attacker's testimony.

The Al Qaeda-inspired cell planned to attack the Barcelona metro and other targets in Spain, Germany, France, Portugal and the United Kingdom, said the bomber turned police informant.
(visit the link for the full news article)




posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
This is proof that al-qaeda is far from gone in this planet. What should be done to rid the planet of these terrorists? The war in Iraq is obviously not working so what can be done?

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)



posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by bakednutz


This is proof that al-qaeda is far from gone in this planet. What should be done to rid the planet of these terrorists? The war in Iraq is obviously not working so what can be done?

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

The war in Iraq had nothing to do with terrorists?



posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
United Kingdom makes sense, but why hit Portugal? Not only would hitting Portugal not make America flinch, it would also give them more ammo to pronounce that terrorism is rampant around the whole word, giving the US govt more reason to continue their war of terror.



posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_
 

That is not what Mr. Bush and his followers claim.



posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3_Libras
United Kingdom makes sense, but why hit Portugal? Not only would hitting Portugal not make America flinch, it would also give them more ammo to pronounce that terrorism is rampant around the whole word, giving the US govt more reason to continue their war of terror.


Do you really think these terrorists are sane? They want the US goverment to continue their war of terror. They love it.



posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
The "chatter" is starting to pick up again making us all think that al-Qaeda is back in business, to legitimize our upcoming invasion of Pakistan. Al-Qaeda is supposedly back up to "pre-9/11" strength according to recent news.

Nuclear Terror Imminent?
Gates: Troops could go to Pakistan

The "war on terror" will be expanded on the new front before the next election. There will most likely be another series of attacks in Europe, as well as another 9/11 magnitude attack on US soil.



posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

Originally posted by 3_Libras
United Kingdom makes sense, but why hit Portugal? Not only would hitting Portugal not make America flinch, it would also give them more ammo to pronounce that terrorism is rampant around the whole word, giving the US govt more reason to continue their war of terror.


Do you really think these terrorists are sane? They want the US goverment to continue their war of terror. They love it.


I dont know what they are, and Im not going to speculate because terrorism is ripe on both sides of the border. I dont really know what Im saying, because with my previous post I probably tried to apply morality to terrorism - which probably isnt the best way to go about it, but it does annoy me when countries who have had a much smaller role/none at all get targeted.



posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3_Libras
but it does annoy me when countries who have had a much smaller role/none at all get targeted.

Yeah me too, why do innocent civillians have to suffer for the selfishness of these people?



posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Why don't the so called peaceful Muslims ever denounce the acts of AlQuaeda?



posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
Why don't the so called peaceful Muslims ever denounce the acts of AlQuaeda?


They do, news only show bad things, and the rest believe the world is clever enough to realise al quadea are not real muslims, therefore they don't feel the need to defend themselves, because they assume people know this.



[edit on 26-1-2008 by _Phoenix_]



posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_They do, news only show bad things, and the rest believe the world is clever enough to realise al quadea are not real muslims, therefore they don't feel the need to defend themselves, because they assume people know this.


Or perhaps because no muslim have the right to belive that a brother or sister in islam is a bad muslim.

A so called moderate muslim explained that to me recently.

They (Bin Laden & co) do what they do in the name of Allah, and we can not doubt them because only Allah can judge them on the judgement day, and Allah knows best always.



posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freaky_Animal

Originally posted by _Phoenix_They do, news only show bad things, and the rest believe the world is clever enough to realise al quadea are not real muslims, therefore they don't feel the need to defend themselves, because they assume people know this.


Or perhaps because no muslim have the right to belive that a brother or sister in islam is a bad muslim.

A so called moderate muslim explained that to me recently.

They (Bin Laden & co) do what they do in the name of Allah, and we can not doubt them because only Allah can judge them on the judgement day, and Allah knows best always.


And that makes them different from Christians how? Just because you watch Fox News and Benny Hinn, instead of Al Jazeera, does not make you any more informed than a Mohammed from one of the crazy terrorist loving nations



posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3_LibrasJust because you watch Fox News and Benny Hinn, instead of Al Jazeera, does not make you any more informed than a Mohammed from one of the crazy terrorist loving nations


I am not a religious man, and btw Fox sucks big time



posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freaky_Animal

Originally posted by 3_LibrasJust because you watch Fox News and Benny Hinn, instead of Al Jazeera, does not make you any more informed than a Mohammed from one of the crazy terrorist loving nations


I am not a religious man, and btw Fox sucks big time


Then lets try and not generalize Muslims, and Ill try to do the same. There are a ton of accounts of Muslims who are against extremists. None that will ever reach the light of day in the US ofcourse. But like with any narrow minded society (especially not excluding the United States) there are people who do think the way your post described. But it does in no shape or form represent the greater view.

[edit on 26-1-2008 by 3_Libras]



new topics

top topics



 
0

log in

join