It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran says "it could attack US bases"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Iran says "it could attack US bases"

news.yahoo.com

CAIRO, Egypt - Iran's top military commander said Saturday that his forces would retaliate against American military bases in the Persian Gulf if they are involved in any possible future attack on Iran.

But he assured Arab Gulf countries — some of whom are home to U.S. military bases — that only American forces would come under counterattack.

"We realize that there is worry among neighboring countries — Muslim countries whose lands host U.S. military stations," Jaafari said. He spoke in Farsi, which the network dubbed over in Arabic.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.msnbc.msn.com

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   
There you have it, folks. If the US would attack Iran then you are placing your soldiers, sons, and daughters at a magnificent risk. It would be easy for Iran to retaliate against your soldier bases that are spread out across the Persian Gulf.

In MSN news it goes on to say:

"However, if the U.S. launches a war against us, and if it uses these stations to attack Iran with missiles, then through the strength and precision of our own missiles, we are capable of targeting only the U.S. military forces who attack us," he told the station."

Also

"The U.S. military has several bases in Arab countries including Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, the United Arab Emirates, Qatar and Yemen. Many Gulf Arabs have expressed concern that those bases make them vulnerable to attack."

The US has many bases spread across Arab countries, so I don't see why Iran would hesitate to send missiles there.

Thoughts?

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 26-1-2008 by Equinox99]

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Well, duh?

That just makes sense. If we did attack Iran, I'm pretty certain that they would try to launch a strike against US bases in the Gulf. Really doesn't take any sort of War College tactical genius to figure out that.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65
Well, duh?

That just makes sense. If we did attack Iran, I'm pretty certain that they would try to launch a strike against US bases in the Gulf. Really doesn't take any sort of War College tactical genius to figure out that.

Exactly.

Did you expect them not to strike American bases in the ME? This is kind of a no brainer.

top topics

join