It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Expanded I-95 = Another TransTexas Corridor

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Mike Huckabee in Florida said recently that he wants to I-95 from Bangor, Maine to Miami, Florida. His reasoning for this is to ease congestion and boom the American economy by using American Labor and Materials.
There are alot of portions of I-95 that has 3 lanes each way. Some parts are 2 lanes each and some are wider (Miami - 5 lanes at points). So we would then make it a uniform width the whole length. So adding at least 2 to each side and we have a 10 lane highway...any idea on tolls to "pay" for it? Sounds like Alex Jones should be all over this.
This would be another major North-South artery. So the TTC, this and all you need are a few more North-South and maybe 3 East-West and its done...
I-95 covers Miami, Jacksonville, Richmond, Tri-State area (NYC - greater NJ and lower Connecticut), Hartford, Boston....

I hope this never passes -
STOP THE NWO

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
As a frequent user of I-95 I am thankful for the new lanes being made. Two lanes going north/south are terribly crowded and dangerous. Even with three lanes it gets crowded in metropolitan areas.

Highway 82 , the east/west corridor, is not crowded. Except around small towns , the speed limit is 65mph on the two lanes east/west bound.

I don't see this as a conspiracy. It is a necessary improvement to facilitate traffic movement.

Until 1978, in my area, we used highway 17 to travel the east coast. Most of it was one lane east and one lane north. It was terrible. Traffic was congested and very slow.

My personal theory is that the more lanes on the interstates make for excellent runways and/or check points for the military.

In the mean time, I look forward to more lanes. I wish all the interstates were like I-95 from New Jersey through New York City with special lanes for trucks. That seems to work well.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by dizziedame

My personal theory is that the more lanes on the interstates make for excellent runways and/or check points for the military.

Actualy the expressway system was call the "National Defense Highway System" I used to have a map that stated that. Also part of the mandate is that 1 mile out of 4 (I think) has to be straight and flat incase a runway is needed.

mikell

I was 1 mile in 5 below is a bit of info

www.globalsecurity.org...

[edit on 26-1-2008 by mikellmikell]

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
DD - I grew up in NYC and traveled the I-95/NJ Turnpike frequently (and drove to Fort Lauderdale about 15 times). I agree the traffic can suck there, but if the Garden State Parkway wasn't a Toll Road, that congestion wouldn't be that bad. I don't want to say all of 95 isn't city roads, but its 1927 miles long. Expanding the road just is nuts. The road cuts through about 12 major cities...How do we widen a road through a city? Imminent Domain perhaps? Take land and buildings from people to do this in the urban environment?
Lets say, and this may be generous, 300 miles cut through major cities. What is the advantage of widening the parts of the highway that are not congested. The only time we ever had a problem in a non-city area was when a truck flipped and burst on fire. But why widen it so much in areas that have NO TRAFFIC PROBLEMS?

And MM - yeah, its like every 5 miles has to be straight.

new topics

top topics

join