It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Iran beyond Manhattan Project'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   

'Iran beyond Manhattan Project'

www.presstv.ir

Senior Israeli minister Ehud Barak says Iran has already developed its nuclear program 'much beyond the level of the Manhattan Project'.

"We suspect they are probably already working on warheads for ground-to-ground missiles," Barak told The Washington Post.

"Our interpretation is that clearly the Iranians are aiming at nuclear capability... We think that they are quite advanced," the Israeli official added.

Barak's remarks come to the contrary of the December 3 US National Intelligence Estimate (NIE) which conceded with 'high confidence' that Tehran is not running a nuclear weapons program.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.abovetopsecret.com
www.abovetopsecret.com
www.abovetopsecret.com
www.abovetopsecret.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Iran defiant after Israeli missile test

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
The rhetoric continues, as israel continues to push for military action, despite a lack of evidence www.abovetopsecret.com...

This is getting out of hand, and it looks like something may happen, and with all the different countries who have interests in the area it's bound to cause tension.

The question is, will the tension boil over?

www.presstv.ir
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I take anything the Israelian gov has to say with about as much of a grain of salt as I do what our gov has to say. They are both in bed with each other. And both are the biggest threats to world peace and stability in modern times.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
All this hue and cries are baseless allegations to prevent Iranian nation from achieving a milestone in technical advancement of enriching Uranium for peaceful purposes. There has never been any evidence that Iran is building or willing to build WMD.
Iran is a signatory to IAEA and has all the rights to pursue it's uranium enrichment for peaceful purposes and based on that treaty all those countries that have WMD are guilty of non compliance with the treaty for not eliminating their own WMD including USA and of course non signatories to the treaty like Israel.
I mean, ho hum, how many times have we heard this one before ? How are they going to deliver it on the US - on the back of a truck ? I will tell you whats more dangerous than Iran having the bomb - lots of small terrorist groups having a dirty bomb. That is the nightmare scenario for the West. Iran knows very well what will happen to it if it uses its nuclear weapons against the West. But it will give it comfort. Note the US response once North Korea set off its device. All back to the negotiating table. Perhaps this is what Iran wants. In any case, it is any sovereign nations right to have the means to protect itself, specially with rogue nations like the US making threats against them.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by oLDWoRLDDiSoRDeR

Iran USED to have a nuclear weapons programme, a few years ago.

The russians are supplying the neclear material with the proviso that the spent fuel rods will be returned.

Of course, this doesn't rule out the posibility of the russians making a "clerical error" and allowing some of the rods to be kept, but the intel depts have pretty much ruled this out, based on the specs of the reactors and equipment bought.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
The I.A.E.A is watching all the fuel that Iran is getting from Russia like a hawk at the power plant and none of the countries are to upset over that. Its the enrichment facilities that they have and will still operate that everyone is screaming about. Do you really think Iran spent millions of dollars on a nuclear weapons program and then just abandoned it all together? If so then you need a reality check. If anything it is in their national security interest to have some to deter any country except maybe the big boys from ever thinking of attacking them.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Sky watcher

Iran signed the NPT yes?

Not that that means much.

So did the US, and they've been selling it to allcomers.

It's a messed up state of affairs, that's for sure.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by oLDWoRLDDiSoRDeR
All this hue and cries are baseless allegations to prevent Iranian nation from achieving a milestone in technical advancement of enriching Uranium for peaceful purposes. There has never been any evidence that Iran is building or willing to build WMD.
Iran is a signatory to IAEA and has all the rights to pursue it's uranium enrichment for peaceful purposes and based on that treaty all those countries that have WMD are guilty of non compliance with the treaty for not eliminating their own WMD including USA and of course non signatories to the treaty like Israel.
I mean, ho hum, how many times have we heard this one before ? How are they going to deliver it on the US - on the back of a truck ? I will tell you whats more dangerous than Iran having the bomb - lots of small terrorist groups having a dirty bomb. That is the nightmare scenario for the West. Iran knows very well what will happen to it if it uses its nuclear weapons against the West. But it will give it comfort. Note the US response once North Korea set off its device. All back to the negotiating table. Perhaps this is what Iran wants. In any case, it is any sovereign nations right to have the means to protect itself, specially with rogue nations like the US making threats against them.

Well said. Couldn't agree more.

I and some of my friends feel it is increasingly likely that someone is going to take some form of military action at some point. Quite how it plays out remains to be seen.

From the UK it will be interesting to see how Gordon Brown (Mr Bean or Stalin as he's becoming known) will respond. Hopefully he'll have some backbone and say no to us getting involved - beyond trying to prevent the US and/or Israel from attacking Iran. If recent performance is anything to go by, not only is he spineless and incompetent but he's also brought nothing but bad luck to this country since he began as PM.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I think her royal blairness sandbagged him.

It's strange how all this comes to light as soon as he takes over.
Mrs. Doubtfire is another name for him.

I'm not sure cameron would be any better though.

The sooner we get out of this mess the better - and hope in the future we don't have a PM who follows the village idiot.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
More propaganda from the Israelis.

This has more to do with Iran opening its Oil Bourse this February. Watch for a war if this occurs.

Iranian Oil Bourse --
en.wikipedia.org...
www.energybulletin.net...

[edit on 26-1-2008 by Golack]

top topics

join