It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why question the holocaust?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Yes, the holocaust was horrible and was tragic, but, people seem to question that it existed. Why do they? Shouldn't permanent records of the people that died be proof enough that that many people did die because of the mass extermination in World War II?

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I watched a pbs of piles/mounds of dead or half dead skeletons bulldozed into mass graves. It was a truly life changing moment in my life. Not to just 'read' about it, but to 'see' it.
Oh we are just such civilized beasts aren't we? Spirtious of the arts and fine culinary feasts, but yet so brutal to assumed sub humans. And this continues to this day. Darfur etc. Retch!

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Why do people doubt the holocaust happened? What else would have killed all of those people? Why are people even questioning the validity of the event?

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Maverickhunter

The reasons vary from denier to denier. The majority buy into the idea of "massive Jewish conspiracy to undermine the white race" and posit that the Holocaust was invented by "teh jooz" and their commie allies in Russia to make the white, capitalist sorts feel terrible and guilty and want to bow down in apology, etc.

The idea isn't to change your mind about the Holocaust, but to rather get their foot in the door, so to speak, by putting that paranoid thought into your head, and trying to wriggle more of their ideas into your noggin.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I don't think many people question whether it actually happened, they just question the number of jews killed. And Jews are the main concern since the Zionists have decided to profit from the tragedy of the holocaust.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Finger in throat. Projectile vomit. Those bad ol' Jews, they pro'lly brought it on themselves. Shame. For all I know I might be 20 percent Jew. My grandmother was illegimate. You want a piece of me? Come and get it. Stop, John, think. You have a point former op, the point of which somehow killing was somehow ok if it was only 6 thousand, instead of 6 million. Killing is killing zionist or polish or romanian. That's a load of crap and you know it.

[edit on 27-1-2008 by jpm1602]

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 01:19 AM
link   
The persons that I have encountered that subscribe to the “Holocaust never Happened” camp are primarily of two sorts:
1) Racists: Those that hate Jews. No reasoning here – just pure hate.
2) Historical Pedantics: Those that believe that because not every fact and figure can be verified therfore the issue can’t be proven.

Conversely, one must admit that there also certain factions of zealous Jews that insist on proclaiming the Holocaust as a “Jewish” tragedy – almost exclusively so. This only fuels the fire.

I think that the vast majority of reasoning people understand that the Holocaust was a profoundly Human tragedy and that we must all strive to never allow such thing to occur again – but of course we do.

Personally, my advice is not to waste too much breath arguing with the deniers. You’re just not going to convince them with reason. Just bear in mind that there are people in this world that hold a myriad of beliefs that you’ll never agree with. The only option is to oppose them when they become too bold and face them down with the facts.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Well...most people that don't believe it ever happened are simply ignorant to history in general by large measure.

Others are simply prejudice against Jewish faith, and of course lets not forget those that think the Protocols of Zion is legitimate.

I, however, know of it's existence in startling live color. As both my fathers parents evacuated Germany to Shangai during the holocaust. Others of my distant family were not so lucky...

Peace

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Fuel what fire? The poles suffered and died by the multitude, so did the slovaks, so did the russians, and so many more. The earth is full of the bodies of many atrocities of WW2. It is my fervent hope we not have to bury the dead of WW3. Killing is killing is killing. Whatever ones personal genome.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by jpm1602
Fuel what fire? The poles suffered and died by the multitude, so did the slovaks, so did the russians, and so many more.

Exactly. I was just relating my personal experience with (some) zealous Jews that refused to acknowledge that the Holocaust was anything other than a "Jewish" tragedy. Think about it, this is almost a mirror image of the deniers: one group says it never happened the other says it happened but only a certain group is important in the reckoning. Read my statement again: It's a HUMAN tragedy. And again, don't waste your time on the extremists.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Understood passenger. I concur absolutely with your views. It was a 'human tradgedy' of unprecedented magnitude. I would advise anyone who has not seen the b/w filmage of the nazis bulldozing mountains of skeletal corpses into mass graves to do so. The impact of such will strafe your mind forever.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

What will really strafe your mind is the fact that you don't have to go to the Nazis to see that being done. Iraq, Cambodia, Angola... South Dakota. Again and again, and again, and again it happens.

MY gripe with the Holocaust is that so many people adhere to it as a singular event that has never happened before or since. They stick their thumbs in their eyes and ignore every other genocidal progrom being comitted under their noses because, well, it's not as bad as the Holocaust, they say. Or the people getting killed aren't as important as the people killed in the Holocaust. Or their genocide has an "Excuse" unlike the Holocaust.

It's absolutely disgusting, but the Holocaust has become an EXCUSE to allow genocide. It's the excuse used to forgive Ethnic cleansing by Israel, for certain, but it's also the reason we ignored Rwanda and are ignoring Darfur and know nothing about the Kongo civil war.

Because these events aren't as big. Or perhaps because we can't make any decent John Wayne movies out of them, perhaps.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
reply to post by jpm1602

MY gripe with the Holocaust is that so many people adhere to it as a singular event that has never happened before or since... it's not as bad as the Holocaust, they say.
It's absolutely disgusting, but the Holocaust has become an EXCUSE to allow genocide...Because these events aren't as big.

True. But humanity focuses on the apex not the ascent. Why would you be so so disturbed by this epiphany? You're not alone in noting this phenomena.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 03:39 AM
link   
I think it shows our collective memory ability.
It was so long ago we can start trying to convince ourselves it never happend.
Doesn't one after all try forget horrors?

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 03:47 AM
link   
So nazi/africaner/americans were ok to slaughter Jews/fellow africans/american indians and union supporters because it was way overated and used for alterior purposes. Ya....right.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 03:49 AM
link   
In response to the original question:

For the same reason that the governments of the U.S.A. and Japan deny Unit 731 ever existed, and then some. Someone profited while a lot of innocents died, and even today there are people (and governments) profiting off of both the Holocaust and the actions of Unit 731.

[edit on 27-1-2008 by Dramon]

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

Since when did I say that?

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Maverickhunter

i agree with you maverick... orders from general dwight d. eisenhower, himself, had his people film literally hundreds of hours of footage depicting every camp and mass grave site. he wanted the world to have a complete record of this, so it would never happen again. and remember it wasn't ONLY jews, but 7 million other people of various countries and ethnic backrounds.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 04:48 AM
link   
In answer to the thread title - why not question it?
Why not question every aspect of it as we do with nearly ALL historical events we are presented with? Surely if the facts stand up to scrutiny and examination then there's no problem with people questioning the events. If people are still not satisfied with the results then so be it, that's for them to deal with and the rest of us can get on with our lives. Jailing people for asking questions shows that perhaps those calling for the harshest of sentences have something to hide.

We all have this "Never Again" BS shoved down our throats over and over again and "Holocaust" memorials spring up everywhere to the point where it's almost become a religion in itself where questioning it is heresy.
We are all expected to bow down to this new holocaust religion and woe betide anyone who doesn't. At present in Germany the Zio-Nazis are up in arms because a traditional Carnival day / Holiday falls upon their Holocaust Memorial day and the Zio-Nazis want it stopped. Why the hell should people who had nothing to do with the events of over 60 years ago bow down to this? Why should they be pressured into paying for it over and over again in reparations? Millions of people lost everything they owned during the war but were never compensated so why should we have to pay one group?

All this just breeds more resentment when forced upon people all the time who just get sick of hearing about it.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 05:48 AM
link   
I think we should question the real reason behind the holocaust....One man's grudge causing the death of 6 million seems a bit farce to me.. :/

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join