It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fatima UFO coverup... proof that aliens are associated with religion

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by irishdave

The drawing was made in the presence of and under instruction of Lucia herself after the first apparition.

ok thanks for clearing that up because i was not sure when the drawing was actually made.

i find that interesting because it makes me think if she was that accurate about the description that early into it...i dont believe she was making up a story then ???

i would love to see the photo that was posted in the news paper to see if it is the same.

"Her place is in the heavens."
I think thats fairly ambiguous and can be applied in religious terms of course but also in purely cosmological terms as well.

i agree it could be either and you would think the entity would have been more specific but... maybe heaven is everywhere in the sky ?

have to think about that some more.

The other thing to remember is that people back then didn't think about aliens in the first place.

that is probably mostly true and i think if it happened today in certain places the entity would be thought of as an E.T.

interesting

what i find weird is it was reported that the entity was only 3 ft. tall ?

[edit on 19-8-2008 by easynow]

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
easynow,
Heres an interesting occurance from Ireland and although its a situation whereby the peoples comments were all filtered through the parish priest it still has some resemblence to Fatima.
It sounds like a projection of some sort to me though.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Well, that pic i posted is a facsimile of the original drawing so theres no difference.
Yes, the being was only just over a metre tall according to Lucia.

The premature deaths of the 2 other children is disturbing though. Radiation, do you think?

[edit on 19-8-2008 by irishdave]

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by irishdave
"Her place is in the heavens."
I think thats fairly ambiguous and can be applied in religious terms of course but also in purely cosmological terms as well.
The other thing to remember is that people back then didn't think about aliens in the first place.
In Portuguese we do not have different words for heaven and sky, "céu" has both meanings.

But if she really used the plural, "céus", it has a more religious connotation than the singular.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Armap,
I'm reading the English translation, could you check the Portuguese version and find out which term it was?
Thanks!

Whoops..its from chapter 1 of Book 1 'Heavenly Lights'
Ch. The Day of May 13th
Section Heading. 'The Encounter With The Lady'
Paragraph 4-after Lucias quote.

Cheers!

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   

I don't have the book (in fact I don't have any book about the Fátima apparitions), but I may try to find something online.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

I don't have the book (in fact I don't have any book about the Fátima apparitions), but I may try to find something online.

Ok, thanks. If you can get the original parish paper translation that would be great as Lucias language after she enters the convent and begins to come under the influence of Father Alvares de Moura her descriptions completely change.
And, more importantly, the parish paper is where the original quote comes from. If n ot, then even a portuguese translation of that particular text from 'Heavenly Lights' would be great.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by easynow

Easynow, great thread! - theres an interesting eyewitness account from a Portuguese Professor below taken from a 1969 U.S. Government sponsered Rand document:

A recent example is the repeated appearance of a typical UFO phenomenology at Fatima,Portugal on six succesive months in 1917.
The October 13th phenomenon was the best reported and was witnessed by a crowd of about 70,000 persons,including a number of scientists,reporters,atheists and agnostics as well as faithfull catholics.
One of the scientifically curious was Dr A. Garrett of the University of Coimbra.
Rain which had been falling that day ceased and the crowd looked up to see the 'sun' now visible through the heavy clouds.
Professor Garrett wrote:

"I turned towards this (sun) which was attracting all eyes and could see it was like a disc with a clear cut edge,with a vivd rim,luminous and shining but without hurting one.
The comparison I have heard at Fatima with a disc of dull silver does not seem to me exact.It was a clear,more vivid richer colour and with shifting tints like the lustre of pearl.
It was not at all like the moon on a clear transparent night for one saw and felt it like a living star.
Nor was it spherical like the moon,nor did it have the same quality of lighter and less light.
It looked like a burnished wheel cut out of mother of pearl.
Nor could it be confused with the sun seen through a fog...there was no fog.
This disc spun dizzly round.It was not the twinkiling of a star,it whirled round upon itslef with mad rapidity

US Rand UFO Document (pdf)

There are also other testimonies and a rare photograph of the disc/object:

Link

The sky was completely overcast. Some spectators saw a column of blue smoke in the vicinity of the children that appeared and disappeared three times. Then suddenly the rain ceased and through the clouds was seen a radiant disk, not the sun, spinning, and throwing off fantastic streamers of light-a constantly changing montage of red, violet, blue, yellow, and white. This continued for about four minutes.
Then the disk advanced toward the earth until it was just over the crowd. The heat was enormous and many were terrified the end of the world had come. When it finally retreated into the sky, the shaken masses realized that their clothes and the ground were completely dry--although they had been soaked to the skin a few minutes before

I live in Portugal and the area is still quite a (in)famous hotspot for sightings right up to the present day, heres an interesting clip from a Portuguese news broadcast dealing with UFO/OVNI reports in the North of the country (theres some pretty interesting footage towards the middle):

I also think its an interesting correlation that unexplained/anomalous aerial phenomena instantly gets classified as a 'religious event' in certain countries - perhaps this is not the first time a possible misinterpretation has occurred and folks are just (un)consciously projecting their own preconceptions onto the UFO subject.

Cheers.

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Yes, Portugal has had its share of strange sightings, but I can understand that the Fatima case could be considered as a religious event.

As far as I know, it is as likely that it was a religious apparition as it was a ET, we do not have enough information to choose one option over the other (and it could even be something else).

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I too think that perhaps this was a UFO sighting,and the Catholic church made up the story and the supposed secrets,funny how everything pertained to Catholism,chance of being a true story? same chance as me being 20 years old,it aint gonna happen

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   

reply to post by karl 12

Yes, Portugal has had its share of strange sightings, but I can understand that the Fatima case could be considered as a religious event.

As far as I know, it is as likely that it was a religious apparition as it was a ET, we do not have enough information to choose one option over the other (and it could even be something else).

ArMap thanks for the reply, Portugal has indeed had it's fair share of UFO sightings (or OVNIs) down the years - the Portuguese media appears to take the subject far more seriously than their UK/US counterparts and there is also quite a lot of objective TV Programming about the subject involving circumstantial evidence from farmers, residents, tourists etc.. - the number of credible cases is quite an eyeopener.

As for the Fatima case,I think it is quite clear over 70,000 people witnessed something very strange in the sky that day; whether it was an emissary from the all encompassing creator of the universe or just a case of mistaken identity from a sufficiently advanced technology,I don't think we will ever know - if we apply Occum's razor which explanation seems the more plausible?

Cheers.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12
As for the Fatima case,I think it is quite clear over 70,000 people witnessed something very strange in the sky that day;whether it was an emissary from the all encompassing creator of the entire universe or just a case of mistaken identity from a sufficiently advanced technology,I don't think we will ever know-if we apply Occum's razor which explanation seems the more plausible?
I think both explanations have the same level of plausibility, we have as much data about one thing as we have about the other, in my sceptic opinion.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Great Post Karl12

thank you for sharing those links and the picture !

you would think there would be more photo's like this one ?

amazing witness report and i am awestruck by reading it.

wish i could give you more than one star

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   

I think both explanations have the same level of plausibility, we have as much data about one thing as we have about the other, in my sceptic opinion.

Armap, thanks for the reply - I'm all for objective, open minded scepticism but is it not fair to say that, whilst both subjects have no unequivocable proof to back them up, the UFO/OVNI phenomenon does have visualy corellated radar/sonar evidence, electromagnetic interference evidence, ground trace evidence, government documentary evidence, video/photographic evidence and circumstantial evidence (in the form of sworn eyewitness testimony from thousands of trained professionals)?

He makes some pretty irreverent comments but I think George Carlin sums up the discrepencies between the two subjects up quite well.

Cheers.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

very true ArMaP

and Karl12 is most likely correct, we may never find out the truth but what are the odds that it was a case of mistaken identity ?

the story line clearly insinuates a religious event(wether it was made up by the Catholic church or not) it leaves the question of why would they (the Aliens) do all of this just to be misunderstood ?

i would have to believe that these beings would have been able to know people were being led to believe this as a Religious event and would have corrected it, if that was not the truth.

the fact that Lucia predicted the event proves that she was communicating with some kind of intelligent being or force.

edit to clarify my point

[edit on 16-11-2008 by easynow]

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by easynow

Easynow thanks for the reply,this is a great thread and the Fatima incident is truly a very interesting one.
The Fatima day festival is celebrated all over Portugal and its quite amazing to think all the partying is due to 70,000 people witnessing a UFO.

Cheers.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by easynow

Thank you for sharing those links and the picture !
You would think there would be more photo's like this one ?
Amazing witness report and i am awestruck by reading it.

Easynow I was intrigued by this account in your first post describing people witnessing a white being coming out of the Fatima globe:

"...According to the very words of the Reverend General Vicar of
Leiria, who was one of the witnesses, the lady came in an 'aeroplane
of light,' an 'immense globe, flying westwards, at moderate speed. It
irradiated a very bright light.' Some other witnesses saw a white
being coming out of the globe, which several minutes later took off,
disappearing in the direction of the sun.

Link

Also, although being very vague, the Fatima photograph does appear similar to this image taken over Wright-Patterson Air Force base:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9a6ee01e3803.jpg[/atsimg]

Cheers.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I've only taken a quick look at this thread but hear are some comments I wrote about Fatima as well as other Mystics and Miracles

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Easynow I was intruiged by this account in your first post describing people witnessing a white being coming out of the Fatima globe:

"...According to the very words of the Reverend General Vicar of
Leiria, who was one of the witnesses, the lady came in an 'aeroplane
of light,' an 'immense globe, flying westwards, at moderate speed. It
irradiated a very bright light.' Some other witnesses saw a white
being coming out of the globe, which several minutes later took off,
disappearing in the direction of the sun.

very interesting story from the witness...i agree

an immense globe flying thru the sky and witnessed by thousands of people certainly makes this incident the best UFO story of all time.

i am still trying to decide what the meaning of this event truly was but either way it's proof enough that something other than us mere mortals are flying around the sky.

just as a side note: the UFO i encountered back in 1984 here in Florida was a globe of light also and it interacted with me. i always wonder if the UFO i saw is of the same origin as the Fatima UFO. i guess i might not ever find out.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join