It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Defunct Spy Satellite Falling From Orbit

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Just a little proof... I'm beginning to suspect. Nah, not that good. Yeah, some proof would be a groove dg'.

I will follow your posts that cite fact very, very closely dg'. Thank you for your contribution of this stunning revelation of NOTHING you haven't said several times already as repitition of garbage-radio hearsay. Fanning the flames? Or OCD? This community deserves "good" data, screw C2C and data regurge-drones. Screw Serada.

Give us some fact not some more serrated-edge Bushman bush-league BS. Oh, I listen to C2C therefore I'm informed. Not.

JMHO for entertainment purposes mind you.

Vic

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by V Kaminski

GOTCHA.

There is no room for any other explanation since you have decided the truth.

Gotcha.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Ok. dg' fine. snip

Is that the best you can think of as a retort? No fact? Again? [snip]

I want truth and proof. Nothing more, and inside of the T and C.

I'll post data, you post your "winnings" and the wind of others. [snip]

I'll be around to help you with YOUR truth. Count on it, expect it 24/7/365. Thank you for (IMHO) disinforming and serving to extend the reach of ignorance. Now, tell the community how and why you can link all this stuff? I'll wait. I'm patient.

I can't wait to hit the villa in Veradaro.

Vic

Courtesy is Mandatory
Terms and Conditions of Use

[edit on 1-30-2008 by worldwatcher]

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
You'd be better served to go to the villa in VARADERO which is the correct name.

Oh, thank you for your enlighting post to me. I got it. I'm a woman, i'm from Cuba, (you mention it not me by your last line) and i'm impaired beyond comparison because i have language problems, is that it? Now i know your caliber. I, sweetie, am the one who is highly enlightened by all your comments.
Thank you for showing your TRUE colors.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Erm.....

back on topic please and keep your personal opinions of each other out of this.

fair warning to all..... carry on.

six

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by percievedreality

It is not LSAT21. It is not 20 tons. It is about 3 tons at best. The hydrazine in the propellent tanks will burn off during re-entry. The tanks have a built in overpressure/rupture disc in them. Most, if not all, of the sat will burn up in the atmosphere upon re-entry.

six

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   

They figure it is losing about 500m a day. They wont know the final trajectory until the last orbit due to atmospheric changes. The atmosphere is not smooth and round. It has many dips and hills (for the lack of a better term) that make the final trajectory impossible to predict. At most the just have a "best guess" right now.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Anybody happen to notice this image of it?

Does anybody know how to get this tracker to work right?

six

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by makeitso

Yes. That is the image one of the guys over at the NASA chat rooms took with a home telescope and a $80 digital camera. As for the other site. That is a good find. Perhaps the military part will not work because you are not supposed to be able to track milsats

six

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

If it was a Lockheed apparatus sent up to deflect asteroids, I dont think that it would be in its final death throws. Plus I think that something along that lines would not be so secret. After all they have been talking about how to defend the Earth from rogue asteroids and other space matter for years. Not to mention the fact the heyday Lockheed would have by being able to tell the world that they just saved them from eminent destruction

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Thank you dg. I'm truly sorry, but I will say what I geniuinely feel as truth sometimes without considering how others might react. I was warned by U2U by website staff. That's understandable and I can I understand the situation and the hierarchy of needs. No problem. I was wrong. I admit mortal flaw. I like being wrong, I learn more about others and myself that way. It ain't always pretty. I formally apologize to any reasonable human I may have offended.

So dg please help with some fact as to how you feel the quality journalism of the renown C2C and David Serada and Mr. Bushman relate to 2007TU24, the satellite NORL 21/US193 Delta heavy and what ever you feel may be relavent to this specific event or even related. Please. That has not been accomplished IMHO.

It's almost not fair dg'. To make a claim as you have without any need of anything in the way of reasonable proof. Not even a hypothesis of how such speculation might come to possibly be truth. Run into the theater scream fire and be surprised or indignant when someone asks about? Like a get of jail free card in Monopoly.

Listen 2007TU24 was fun, NORL 21 won't be dg'. It's not going to miss the planet. It's going to do an uncontrolled re-entry and people are potentially at risk. The physics do point to a high probability of a hit in North America. it is uncertain but not of no public interest. I want to know more.

Can you or anyone please tell me what 2007TU24 has specifically to do with US 193 aka NORL 21 from a Delta 7920 10C launched out of Vanenberg AFB and it's uncontrolled deorbit? Huh?

I'm happy to contribute what I can to even help you prove your point dg. just ask. Just leave out anything you can't reasonably expect proof of or have discredited.

Help deny ignorance. Enjoy your reading and have a pleasant day dg'. My apologies to the site owners and the entire community for my inappropriate behavior. I misunderestimated.

There's at least two women laughing at right me now.

Vic

[edit on 30-1-2008 by V Kaminski]

six

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by malcr

The Chinese are good at destroying satellites maybe the US could ask them for a favour

And the rest of the spacefaring world is pissed off at them for doing it. Now they have added 3000+ MORE pieces of space junk for them to keep track of and try to avoid at all costs during future missions. The US could do it if need be. Just smarter to let it burn up upon re-entry.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by six

What are you talking about? Mainstream media reports have already labeled the object as such (according to Air Force Gen. Victor "Gene" Renuart Jr., commander, North American Aerospace Defense Command and U.S. Northern Command)! It was linked to on the bottom of page 5 in this thread. It is LSAT-21!

I never said that is weighed 20 tons, the original news story said that, which was also talked about in this thread and agreed upon as having been full of wrong information, that was never checked. Hydrazine (rocket fuel) has also been covered as well as the pressure release valves that the holding tanks would have. Even the news reports stated that the majority of this thing would burn up during re-entry. But what about the parts that don't? What hazardous substances could this thing contain. Heck, every workplace is required to have datasheets relating to hazardous substances that an employee might come into contact with. (required by OHSA) But it is okay for the government not to disclose that information in a situation like this? I think that makes them bio-terrorists IMO.

[edit on 30-1-2008 by percievedreality]

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by six

Yeah the atmospheric drag fluctuates with air density and altitude... weather. There are some online sims that if we were to get the general shape of the beast and it's general orientation we could see what might possibly happen. There's a neat Linux sim.

I was skeptical at first of a NA hit. But I read the release yesterday. Washington has not discounted it as a possibility. It's orbital incline is about 58 degrees if we could even get one fix on it's position we could at least follow it.

Some say that the drag when aftected by a higher than normal "lump" of air at just the right time as it comes in could radically change the de-orbit and a higher than expected angle of attack could result. Uncomforting thought where I reside. That's a worry over on the NASA boards and a worry in general.

Conjecture has it as an NRO radar imaging platform... would have been handy for 2007TU24. LOL. Not. This puppy is coming down and if we shoot it it could be worse... no one is talking about that. LEO has already got too much shrap bandying about.

The hydrazine they claim onboard. The tanks are full or near full so they'll blow on the way down and it could be quite a bang... especially if there is a radioactive source on board. An X-Ray radar source might be "not so good" to breathe in later.

In a controlled de-orbit at the end of life of a sat they fall like a rock predictably after last burn and don't explode on the way down... they just burn up. NORL 21 will blow up on the way down IMHO... I'm guessing at about 140,000 feet altitude (a speculative arbitrary starting point).

I wish I knew what "special" instrumentation might be on that and whether there's an RTG. The oceans must be full of junk.

This sat wasn't cheap either. 100's of millions. Looks good on the resume. It's so very bad they had to announce it publicly. That's bad.

Vic

[edit on 30-1-2008 by V Kaminski]

six

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by percievedreality

The reports that I have read list it as NROL-21 / USA 193

USA-193/NROL-21 Launch specifics:
Launch date/time: December 13, 2006 2100 UTC 16:00 EST
Launcher: Delta 2/7920-10
Launch location: Western Test Range, Vandenberg AFB, California
Launch complex/pad: SLC2W
International Designator: 2006-057A
SSC #: 29651
Latest orbital parameters: 376 by 354 km orbit (91.83 minute period), inclined 58.5 degress.

preliminary orbital elset below on SEESAT-L:

USA 193 0.0 0.0 0.0 4.8 v
1 29651U 06057A 06350.25405986 .00011325 00000-0 10000-3 0 03
2 29651 58.4865 114.2852 0013244 81.7541 278.5044 15.68046894 05

There is a difference between a LSAT and a NROL sat. No need for attitude.
Chances are that since it had solar array it did not have the nuclear batteries that everyone fears is on board. Other than that...What Haz-Mat do you think would be on board?

six

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   

It would be better if anything that did survive did land in NA. Easier to retrieve. The boards I have read over on the NASA forums seem to think that since it had solar array there was not a RTG aboard. Chances are that the hydrazine will just blow it up and the smaller pieces will just burn up with re-entry which would be the perfect scenario...But no telling just what Murphy has in store eh??...lol

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
On Neil Cuvito Fox News he just said that they are expecting it to crash in the USA.

They say we can not control this, are we to believe this or are they going to crash it into a major US City and do there thing this way.

Interesting very interesting, think I will pay attention to this!

six

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by observe50

They have never had control of it. Most of the pictures taken of it show that the solar array never deployed or only partially deployed. The computers have tried to reboot numerous times but have failed. So they really have no control over where this thing may go.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
is the timeline for re-entry still the end of february, early march... word on the street has distorted this story so much that I have people telling me "it's going come down tomorrow". I tried to tell them what I initially read about it being a month away, but like everything else, this story has taken on a life of its own

btw after searching I haven't found anything to suggest that the timeline has changed.. am I missing something?

six

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by worldwatcher

All that I have read still points to late Feb/ early March for this to happen. It is losing about 500m a day the last time I read.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join