It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Defunct Spy Satellite Falling From Orbit

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 04:11 AM
link   
It will probably fall in W Pakistan giving special forces reason to go in an ummmm look for it... Sure they may run into AQ trying to steal the fission on this thing and had to engage for national security reasons......Then again it will probably fall in the ocean

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 05:49 AM
link   
I've mentioned this in another topic somewhere (I think about ownage of an asteroid falling on your property in the TU24 thread) but anyway why i believe they say it contains hazadous materials. is because its a classified SPY satelite. a SPY satelite!. c'mon people what better way to stop people snooping around a satelte thats fallen from space... go near it and it could KILL YOU.

I wouldnt want people snooping around. mind you...

if anyone on ATS was smart enough (god hoping most of us are actually intelligent and not just fat sweaty nerds.)

one might have the idea to follow this thing and find where it lands... chances are it will have answers to many many of the questions we ask everyday...

we are conspiracy thoerists... we seek the truth. it makes me angry to know how many people ask all the questions and try to find the answers on the internet (which is all well and good) but it seems that not many of you seem to be willing enough to actually seek the truth... if there is anyone that is a "SEEKER" please contact me. so i know im not alone in this thing. lets give these fat nerds their answers lol

- DONT BE RETARTED, SEEK THE TRUTH FARKERS! the truth wont unfold until we unfold it... we are the ones to open the eyes of the world. not the world to open the eyes of us.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 06:29 AM
link   
It's classified based on a secret, because if it lands on my house, I have a multi million dollar law suit against these ******.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 07:28 AM
link   
What goes on in space for the most part is kept a secret,sort of just out of our reach by the higher-up's of this world,so to reveal something like this to the general public kind of makes me think there is nothing to worry about.

If it DID have spy secrets on it i wouldn't have thought they would have told us,what if it landed in russia,north korea or japan?? would they willingly give it up to the u.s government??.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I just hope this sat. does not come down on someones country and kill hundreds of folks. Or the US will be in some deep crap. We need to realize if it is hazardous and maybe has nuclear stuff in it. That would be like landing a nuclear bomb on someone. I dont even want to imagine if it lands in the ocean how man fish and marine life may die from the hazardous crap in it. And if it goes into the ocean water what effects will it have on the fish we eat every day?

These are just a few things the US government needs to sit back and tell us. It seems like we are killing the planet off little by little but I would hate to see something that may be toxic land in another country and maybe kill hundreds or thousands and maybe scar the rest of there country for years with birth defects ect. Seems to me that the government needs to stop sending toxic crap into space if it may come down some day and kill or destroy. But then again I forgot the US thinks they are God. Yep they do. I read it the other day. And I was sickened to even be a citizen after reading a reply that the government gave a man after he told a government secret to the media. "You are messing with GOD" There exact words.

As for the US maybe shooting this thing down before it hits earth. We need to realize maybe they cant do it since it may have some sort of Nuclear crap in it and that would make it even worse then if it crashes. But still the US needs to start realizing what goes up must come down sooner or later. Its a scientific thing yet they are to stupid to realize it. I guess they were out bullying kids around when they were teaching that in school.

But as of this moment we dont know what is on the sat. to make it toxic, So we can only theorize what may happen. But either way if it came down on land and killed people or made people sick. We need to open up our eyes and look at the bigger picture. Like the fact that there are many more in space that could land on our heads. Or even on our families.

Hilda

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by skyshow
It's classified based on a secret, because if it lands on my house, I have a multi million dollar law suit against these ******.

That is a plan, but if you and the family get killed in the house the lawsuit and worth crap. So the money will do no good.

Hilda

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 07:59 AM
link   
...didn't realize these things caused problems over the years, almost hitting a airliner? Does radar work, is there communication going on? U.S. failing to tell other states about incoming objects? This is treasonous, which is maybe why *they* are telling 'us' this time.

A LARGE American spy satellite has lost power and is expected to crash back to Earth sometime late next month. The 10-ton satellite’s controllers admit that they do not know where it might come down and they have no way of controlling the return of a vehicle which may contain hazardous materials.

The spokesman refused to speculate on the possibility that the satellite may be shot down by a missile to prevent any debris causing damage.

...the lack of certainty over the reentry location of this dying spy in the sky, not to mention the risk from any poisonous materials that it may be carrying, underlines the threat the satellite poses as it plunges from its orbit 100 miles above the Earth.

Last year 270 passengers on board an airliner above the Pacific had a lucky escape when the wreckage of a blazing Russian satellite narrowly missed their aircraft.

The most dangerous satellite disaster came in January 1978 when a fireball streaked through the skies of western Canada, heralding the demise of a Russian spy satellite. The remains of the satellite came down over Great Slave Lake and fell across the North West Territories, Alberta and Saskatchewan spreading mildly toxic radioactive waste.

In the subsequent furore the then Canadian prime minister, Pierre Trudeau, accused the United States of failing to warn the Ottawa government of the impending danger.

www.timesonline.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   
not to worry, I'm sure space command will handle this

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   
It is a U.S. spy sat. They want know one getting their paws on it. Where ever it lands you can bet special forces will retrieve it or destroy it, Unless it lands in a very deep part of the ocean or Moscow
They wont tell anyone where its going to fall so other nations wont try to grab it. I hope they can blow it up before it lands on another country.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by chucktaggart

Defunct Spy Satellite Falling From Orbit

That is not a satellite. And regarding the American part - oh that is convenient. So USA will be the first to go to the crash site and claim the "satellite". Convenient indeed.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by StarNeon

ummm... wtf are you talking about? Reptillians and asteriods sent by the "creator"? Calrification please... and some evidence for your belief in this...

And I thought Reptillians threads/posts were limited to the skunkworks forum?

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Wherever this object strikes land, should it actually do so and not wind up in the drink, it shall leave a smoking series of craters and debris.

There will be nothing left intact large enough for any entity to covet, IMHO.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by goosdawg

Well lest hope so. Our government does not take chances like that though. Anytime something crashes here on earth from space our government is on the seen pretty quick. It happened in Orlando not to long ago, Allot of people heard it crash and NASA and the military were on the site very fast and didn't let anyone get near it. The local radio DJ was screaming about it for months.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Let it fall. You have more of a chance in hitting the Powerball 4 times in a row than getting hit by this thing. Anybody remember Skylab? Oh by the way those satellites with the nuclear reactors. Those are Soviet satellites. Remember Cosmos 954?

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by pierreletrek

ahm yup its one of them spy sats always use nuke energy so ...... bit weird that they have no fail save in this thing they normally have always those fail saves in spy sats so they will not fall in enemy hands if crashed on earth in a foreign country

lets see what happens

"It was not clear how long ago the satellite lost power, or under what circumstances." BULLLL becouse they always know what their spy sats do thats why its a spy sat they use it to monitor 24/7 meaning they know how and what always than again they have computers that monitor every move of every part of the sat so bull what the person says there.

"The satellite, which no longer can be controlled, could contain hazardous materials, and it is unknown where on the planet it might come down, they said." BULL becouse they can calculate its trajectory if they could do this with the so called Apollo stuff and go to the moon "if they went" long time ago they can do that now also duuh, than also they know exactly what it contains, they made it not?? unless its a alien satellite coming from "Dulce"

"The officials spoke on condition of anonymity because the information is classified as secret." HAHA what secret we know don't we? secret is when people don't know about it news knows we know ATS knows for sure lol

i wanted to ad that if they are so behind with the knowledge they have now ,and cant even calculate the trajectory of this satellite how can we be sure to be safe from the things coming from space like the Rock that will come on the 29th this month the size and so on they can from what i can read not even calculate the trajectory of this sat,,, makes me thinking...

www.reentrynews.com...
no info here about this sat ups i forgot its secret heh

[edit on 27-1-2008 by newworldnews2007]

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by TXMACHINEGUNDLR

Yeah, I was talking about it this morning and made a comment similar to yours.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
This is what a spokesman for the National Security Council said

"Appropriate government agencies are monitoring the situation. "Numerous satellites over the years have come out of orbit and fallen harmlessly. We are looking at potential options to mitigate any possible damage this satellite may cause."

OK, but then why are we hearing so much about this one? I want an explanation as to what's on this satellite. Nuclear material seems to be the most logical, but I want to hear it from them, and how they plan to contain it.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Just an FYI to anyone interested in a more professional forensic analysis of this situation: there's an ongoing discussion on this subject over at the NASA Spaceflight forums. There's been plenty of chiming in from people in the Aerospace industry, as well as some interesting photographs taken through telescopes of what, apparently, is the object in question.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
The reason it's not being shot down I suspect is that's it's powered by an RTG - not a "reactor" precisely: Radioisotope Thermoelectric Generator. It generates it's power from radioactive decay, not fission.

The RTG's made for satellites are made to survive reentry and impact without releasing their radioactive contents.

They are NOT made to survive being hit by a Mach 20+ ASAT.

The concern is likely that shooting it down is likely to increase the danger from radioactive contamination, which outweighs the danger posed by the intact remains of the satellite.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by StarNeon

um...what?

Seriously, though, if Skylab can take a dive and leave nothing but:

and a $400 fine that Australia slapped the US for littering (not kidding), then the chances that this sat comes down anywhere with a bang are slim to none. Although, if it did, I've got my fingers crossed that it comes down square on top of Lockheed Martin (or whoever built the thing) if not for anything except the sheer irony of it all.

Obviously, then, the issue becomes what chems are onboard (which other posters have already touched on) and what effects can be expected once they hitch a ride on the jet stream, or at what quantities will they become dangerous after being dispersed around the globe.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join