It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Defunct Spy Satellite Falling From Orbit

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by DancedWithWolves

If the interception took place during the day with a kinetic energy warhead, there would be no explosion to see so I don't see any coincidence between the eclipse and the shoot down. If they wanted to be really quiet about it they could have sailed the Tico class can to the middle of nowhere and shot it without much fanfare.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Leave it to YouTube; they've got video up already:

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Crossing Northern Quebec, NB, NS maybe PEI...

Cheers,

Vic

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by FredT

Sorry if I wasn't clear in what I meant. I DON'T think they wanted this quiet at all. They wanted the fanfare in a big way. This event has gotten more coverage intentionally than anything else in the news. This has been a very purposeful pr campaign of military might with no "emotional" targets in my opinion. It has just been interesting to see what stories are "playing" in the media and which ones don't get a whisper.

edit: nite all....got to get up with the yitlins in the am....Vic...track that "shrapnel?"

Be well and do good things

[edit on 20-2-2008 by DancedWithWolves]

[edit on 20-2-2008 by DancedWithWolves]

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   
"If" there was 1000lbs of hydrazine in liquid form on this 5000lb satellite, I think I can make a reasonable case that the tank was not pierced... it could be leaking but no great hole.

Had the Raytheon EKV punctured the tank the orbit immediately should have lost energy and perhaps deviated a degree or two. The impact energy whether head on or from the rear would be significant. Pressure vessels don't like shocks or holes, they tend to explode and more so in a vacuum.

Over the Pacific a minute or four ago, it's altitude was 152.27 statute miles (at the lowest point on the orbit) and it's velocity is 4.68 miles per second. The mass loss of 20% should lessen both the velocity and altitude as gravity remains the same 9.8 meters per second per second. These numbers do show some progression... infinitesmal and not that out of line from many have been observing. Hmph.

I think we could see another shot maybe. It's definitely still up there, it hasn't broken up or n2yo wouldn't track it. I could be completely wrong.

DWW and FredT have raised some interesting points. This Morel guy at DoD did say test... and now that I think of it it didn't "sound" like he had misspoken and corrected himself. It seemed deliberate and he corrected himself. Total "OP". We're being "done". LOL. What if...

Over the Alaska panhandle now...

Vic

[edit on 21-2-2008 by V Kaminski]

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by V Kaminski

Thanks fo rthe updates. Now this may sound stupid, but while Im a big aviation junkie I lack alot of knowledge about orbital vehicles.

Is it possible that the because fo the velocity involved, that the derbits fiels is simply tightly packed and as gravity exerts itself the items with more mass will fall into the atmoshpere quicker int he next few days getting separation as it were?

The reason i say is while the impact energy is considerable, satelites are not as robust as ICBM warhead busses to my knowledge, nor are they pressurized (I think) I can't think of any need to presurize an unmanned satelite so there would be at least no explosive decompression of it.

Also I uunderstand the fuel was frozen solid so unless it hit the tank in close proximity I may not have vaporized the gas?

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 01:48 AM
link   
The hydrazine is under extreme pressure when used... 4600PSI is not that radical especially with a heater/boiler setup to boost pressure when the tanks are low. If some smart fellow made it of Be instead of Ti? A bit more maybe. It could be lighter. The EADS Ti ones are a sixteenth of an inch thick. Be would be thicker. It could be lighter but it's no fun to work with. Ti ain't that fun either. Pressure vessels are almost always round because it spreads the load evenly. Space-wise they are incredibly wasteful. Very neccessary to have that shape as it's the lightest.

Satellites are only robust contstruction in the sense of it's launch configuration and mostly vibration related. On orbit strength is a non-issue. The balance of a sat is as lightweight as money can buy. Not much but exotics and composites and "nifty" chips and proprietary "whiz bang". Satellites are pretty flimsy... only just enough material to do the job. Leaves lotsa room for "goodies".

The way I understand this impact there should have been an elliptical shaped (not quite) debris cloud from out one side and it should have nudged the orbit a bit. The direction and angle make a big difference as to what shape and where the debris should be.

The Raytheon EKV I've seen pictures of seemed about 2 foot across perhaps a bit less but not "big". Rocket thrusters on a block more or less. The fairing of the rocket that sent USA193 up isn't all that big... our 5000lb sat getting hit with any EKV that general size at those velocities should have either been smashed to smithereens or just gone straight through and create a cloud on the exit side.

If they hit the tank... It maybe shouldn't be there at all or the orbit should have shown some change. As for the debris falling away... it will more drift "with" depending on the direction of the hit. Those bits that lose energy will fall away for sure... those that don't lose energy stay in motion.

Once it hits 400,000 feet it will come down in an orbit maybe two. Right now, lemme check... it still is the same basic orbital velocity. Right now it isn't coming down for days...

I really thought a strike should have altered it's orbit. Pop a hole in a hydrazine tank should have seen hydrazine exiting and providing some sort of course alteration not to mention the incredible impact should have imparted some significant forces into it that should translate to some orbital change... oh well.

I sort of wonder if you get a few of these birds together realtime and make some 3D stuff... made in realtime. Nah.

Cheers,

Vic

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 02:36 AM
link   
In response to those who have been pointing out that US193 is still showing up on tracking sites... could it be that those sites aren't using real-time/real-world telemetry data? What if the site simply has the orbit data, and what you see on the site is only what's been projected?

I pose this question because:

• We are only assuming that the data on these sites reflect the actual telemetry.

• I have software on my laptop that shows and "tracks" satellite orbits, but I have no equipment hooked up here to receive any real-time data. Matter of fact, that software works even when un-plugged from the internet.

[edit on 2/21/2008 by damajikninja]

• posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 07:46 AM
    link   
    reply to post by damajikninja

That's why I use confirming sources and hesitate to trust a Yank of any "official" stripe or agenda when I can "not trust" a Russkie and get "straight" data. It's still there folks and the data claims to be "real time" at some sites. Don't care, it's still there.

Yes, I have software too. Run by professionals not of North America. The sat is still there according to ALL sources I trust at this point.

Over Africa now at 161 miles altitude. The US "looks" impotent internationally. They didn't get the job doner as is the usual. Looks good on 'em.
    Mind your heads... you could have them handed to you.

Cheers,

Vic

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 08:15 AM
    link   

OK....assuming it is still there and either wasn't hit dead-center enough or we missed it; we are talking a huge faux pas in TPTB fairy tale. Somehow, I don't see a retraction of the whoopla that we nailed it so....

If the interception took place during the day with a kinetic energy warhead, there would be no explosion to see so I don't see any coincidence between the eclipse and the shoot down. If they wanted to be really quiet about it they could have sailed the Tico class can to the middle of nowhere and shot it without much fanfare.

As FredT says.....this is how you could quietly take a shot. Is there any organization/individual tracking this that would note such a second, third attempt? Wouldn't it be interesting if they planned to announce success win, lose or draw and the back-up plan to take it out was always part of the equation. They needed a big win for the military and this is it if you look at the media coverage they commanded of this event. No way would they have risked the public perception of fallibility with a miss announcement.

Vic....your analysis adds so much to this site. Thank you.

Peace

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 08:26 AM
    link   
    reply to post by DancedWithWolves

I still don't get the ultimate purpose of the demonstration. It'll just PO the rest of the world. Maybe that's what 43's brains want. Condi needs some chips for abroad and an afraid America is easy to manage domestically as evidenced by all manner of crap being rammed down the throat of the US citizenry since the insurance job at the WTC.

I don't want to think Bush and Co. aren't splitting come '09... but I can't help it. There must be a back-story... much like WTC has a back-story.

I've looked at the pics... I'm dubious as to the source credibility and penchance for "using" data as a weapons system for ends other than selfish.

Cheers,

Vic

152.87m at 4.68m/s mid-pacific coming up on the North Pacific.

EDIT: Almost directly over Hawaii now.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 08:38 AM
    link   

Originally posted by Gools
    But that's my point.
    Everybody was watching the eclipse not the satellite.

They picked the one night over the next month that people would not be looking for that sucker.

Coincidence?

Au contraire! They chose the one night where the most people would be looking at the sky to make a strong statement and to help with the tracking/filming/photographing of the event.

Other question: did you too notice tv reception problems in Montréal last night? Many channels which Videotron receives by satellite were showing major problems. I think there was some scrambling going on over us...

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 08:41 AM
    link   

These web sites are NOT linked to live radar tracking. They are plotting projections using mathematical data.

What are your "other sources" can you please link to some of them? Please support you extraordinary claims. You are the only one making them.

If China or Russia had proof that the sat was not shot down, don't you think they would have RUSHED to make it public by now? It's been almost 12 hours.

[edit on 21-2-2008 by Netstriker]

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 08:48 AM
    link   
    reply to post by Netstriker

Your "sites" ain't my sites... what I post here comes from n2yo. There is slight delay. However look at the velocities... they change. That is not from a projection no matter what any Yank or anyone else would try and make sheeples believe.

What I get "elsewhere" is mine... and the data does differ slighty from n2yo graphic site. Um, you might want to look up n2yo and where n2yo gets it's data. Wink. When you figure it out... call Goddard and complain that they track "non-existant" satellites and sell the data.

Ain't my tax dollar...

Vic

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 09:02 AM
    link   

Originally posted by V Kaminski
    Your "sites" ain't my sites... what I post here comes from n2yo.

Interesting. How do you know what sites I look at? Guess what, I've been looking at n2yo.

What I get "elsewhere" is mine...

Too easy. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. Provide the links or stop making the claims.

Um, you might want to look up n2yo and where n2yo gets it's data. Wink.

Do you actually believe that NORAD broadcasts actual live data from US spy satellites over the Internet on a PayPal supported site? If so, do you believe that such data would be real and not faked?

[edit on 21-2-2008 by Netstriker]

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 09:06 AM
    link   
    Here, talk to them.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 09:39 AM
    link   

OK I see. All you have been saying since last night is based on this.

I know about n2yo and what they are showing. Have you looked up the word "debris" in a dictionary lately? The information is provided for astronomers to observe the debris field and various re-entries.

I also notice that you have not answered all my other questions.

I'm sorry but your claims are not credible. All the evidence confirms that this satellite was hit last night.

For those that are actually interested in serious information about the event, photographs of the debris field are starting to pop up on various astronomy websites.

For instance:

gallery.utahastronomy.com...

Somebody actually counted 552 debris pieces in this photograph alone:

users.wirelessbeehive.com...

(source: www.satobs.org... )

I also found interesting analysis of the event here:

www.zarya.info...

Sky and Telescope might be interested in your photos, Dulcimer.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 10:14 AM
    link   
    reply to post by Netstriker

Yup. I have not answered your other questions. Am I compelled to? No. I have a great many questions... likely keep you busy for a month. Ain't worth it IMHO. Go ahead, take point. I'll keep a reticule on you. LOL.

Vic

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 10:25 AM
    link   
    Here's the video from this morning on CNN. It show an explosion after the missile hit the satellite. Nothing larger than a football. Pieces reentering Earths atomosphere.
    www.cnn.com...

[edit on 21-2-2008 by stikkinikki]

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 10:28 AM
    link   
    The propaganda machine...

Hope that embeds... from the "intercept" video... we should see a change in orbit... nope, no change. 171 miles altitude at 4.64 miles per second.

LOL. The US military and it's "supporters". LOL.

Sorry, it's flash: I'll try again, Gen Cartwright/Satellite Debris

Vic

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20 >>

join