It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Defunct Spy Satellite Falling From Orbit

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Was just posting the link that apparently showed what this bird is, was all... Hope it was helpful, at least, as you were discussing the technology being used.
Moon's at @ 60% now, and a nice, deep umber.. ahh.. so awesome to look at...freaking cold out tho..Cocoa.

[edit on 20-2-2008 by althea041724]

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by althea041724

I've been running in and out... got two good shots but in the city... light and air pollution. Not great. I think the film will be OK (used the tripod) maybe. I have had several digital cameras... great for documenting stuff but way too small on the buttons... the menu? What menu? Here lemme get an electron microscope to read that menu. Any quick shots... what quick shots?

Still like my old, old Minolta best... all banged up, works great. Hopefully Billy's out in the field in the dark shootin' clean... one man... gotta weight 120lbs... with cameras? Prolly double. Good guy, great eye, great shot.

We all have rosy cheeks. Click, click, click. USA 193... if there's to be a shot tonight... have a look... n2yo is up. Wink. Yes, cocoa. I like Fry's.

Vic

CX

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Breaking news on Sky at the moment......the Pentagon are "cautiously optimistic" for a go ahead with the satellite shootdown within the next half hour. Apparent scheduled time of missile launch, about 0330.

CX.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I live in New York State, where should I be looking to see the satellite?

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

Yeah BAAAYYYBBBEEE! Take the shot... let's see what you packin' Uncle Sam. Look NW from HI. Kickin' they didn't jam me... wasn't sure.

Vic

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
3 minutes old...

Vic

link   
3 minutes old...

Vic

Sorry, double post... I clicked once... hands are cold.

[edit on 20-2-2008 by V Kaminski]

link   
6 minutes to go, according to sources!

I hope its a success.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
At precisely 10:30 pm here (est) n2yo went kaput for me
Tried reloading with no luck...just timed out. Now it's an immediate error without even trying to load. I'm sure the site is being totally pounded right now though, so I won't look too much into it

Michelle

CX

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

I hope its a success.

Me too.

I'm sat here wondering about whats more likely, the missiles hitting thier target when it's that far away and travelling that fast......or missing and hitting any one of thousands of other objects up there?

Can they detonate it remotely once it's missed the target or does it self detonate after a certain time period?

Just imagine the chaos that would ensure if it hit something that did'nt belong to the US!

CX.

[edit on 20/2/08 by CX]

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Michelle129

I'm talkin' with some Russkies. Gimme 5.

Vic

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
YO!!

I sam the friggin thing zoomin across the sky and then it fizzled out and kinda fluttered downward a little bit....wayyy cool!

Guess we know the launch was a full on success!

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Target remains... I think. His English is better than my Uboscrabblnuke. It should be just over the West Coast if it is still there...

Vic

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by LockwithnoKey

Where are you generally speaking?

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   
...on CNN now...
not meant to be a one liner

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
www.msnbc.msn.com...

U.S. hits dead spy satellite with missile, military sources say....

Thats awesome!!!

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
CNN.com says 140 miles up, and confirms missile hit. I guess the Lake Eerie gets to paint a satellite to go with those missile kills over the years. Awesome job guys!

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Its a hit, 130 miles above the Earth's surface!!!

Now, do we wait for the pieces or do they just burn off?

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
That's great! Really awesome!

Sooo, ... Are we safe now?

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
It will take about two orbits for roughly 50% of the debris to enter the atmosphere and burn up. That's what they were saying earlier. Now that it's broken apart, everything should burn up nicely as it enters the atmosphere.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join