It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Defunct Spy Satellite Falling From Orbit

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by V Kaminski

It was a very solid, very easy to see light, not too bright, supposedly at a 1 magnitude, traveling much much faster than we have previously noted. DH swears he saw a misty tail, and so does my brother ...but I didn't notice anything trailing behind it. The full moon actually helped us spot it. It's been cloudy off and on here as well, but we know exactly where it comes over the house (same spot once a day, every time). Been watching it for a few days now, but this was the best pass yet. I've been using sky and telescope satellite tracker, it at least gives approach and departure numbers, even tho it doesn't give altitude or speed.
Wanna know what's especially interesting? Two minutes before USA 193 zoomed by, at least four planes and one helicopter went overhead...we have a National Guard base here in Concord, but I have no idea what kind of planes they were, whether mil. or civ. Funny tho, we here are not usually in anyone's flight path...hmm....

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by althea041724

It would be foolish to assume that because "they" have our IP's that "they" would ever use them. Wink.

Thanks for the info... if there's a plasma tail (as opposed to a visual streak - plasma lasts a bit longer), then it's lower. If it was outlined by the Moon and a tail was evident... lower still. Shift change at JSC...

Fun and games, thanx althea

Vic

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by V Kaminski
Interesting co-incidence at 12:55PM Eastern today... lost the feed. It means nothing special.

Vic

A hint to this?
But space agency officials decided last week to activate the Edwards landing strip in California's Mojave Desert to give Atlantis more chances to land and clear the way for the U.S. military to shoot down a defunct spy satellite. The U.S. Navy plans to launch a missile from an Aegis cruiser in the northern Pacific to destroy the failing reconnaissance satellite and prevent its half-ton load of toxic rocket fuel from endangering people on the ground.

Atlantis has two chances to land at KSC and two more to set down at Edwards, though Lunney said he plans to use only three of the available opportunities due to the shuttle's available water supply for cooling. But, he added, the space agency is under no pressure from the military to land Atlantis, even if weather does not cooperate.

"We're not going to land the vehicle until it is safe for our crew," he said.
www.space.com...

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthPages
reply to post by CX

There are a few reasons why I believe it is a star wars weapon...It will be in my next article which I am working on right now...I'll notify this thread when it is finished.

Thanks for your appreciation.

Here is my latest article with some theories regarding this spy satellite...

truthpages.net...

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImJaded
The thread we were posting on got closed so we've been directed over here..

About your dream, and also wrangell76 if you make it over here, did you see it actually hit ? What were the effects in your dream ?

[edit on 19-2-2008 by ImJaded]

HI ImJaded, Just saw this post...

Well I was looking towards the stars in my dream and the fireball was shooting from the East to the west. Last night I put North on the other thread, but I got my direction wrong. It was from the East to the West. Everyone was saying it was the satellite. I just had a bad feeling when I woke up from my dream. Bothered me all day...

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   
So I believe we have the first publc test of the US's post Star Wars Anti Missle system.
Its just guised as a Sat shootdown.
No wonder Russia and China are upset. Their missles may not annihilate the US in event of War. And they obviously dont have the systems themselves so their pissed.
All IMO.

[edit on 20-2-2008 by VType]

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 01:38 AM
link   

USA 193 also carries a full load of hydrazine fuel, which is highly toxic, dangerously unstable and can cause sickness if humans come into contact with it. Normally the fuel would have been used to help keep it in position and to help it come out of orbit safely at the end of its working life. The toxic material beryllium may also be on board.

This makes me think of the ''meteor'' impact in South America a few months ago, Brazil I think? People around it were getting sick.....

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthPages

Now I am very interested to know this -

....Especially when you consider that several other hydrazine-filled object have come crashing down to Earth. Not only did the space shuttle Columbia have a similar tank, which survived re-entry, with no toxic gas cloud. Several other hydrazine-laced objects have also crashed into the atmosphere, with no ill effects. Space researcher Ed Kyle notes that there were 42 major reentry objects for 2007, including 9 satellites -- at least one of which contained a form of hydrazine, UMDH (unsymmetrical dimethylhydrazine).

Experts scoff at Sat shoot-down rationale

Thank you for posting your article, I appreciate the information, and your theory.
Here's hoping this won't be the big tragedy we think .. then again maybe it's what 'they' want hence the hype.

Cheers.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by wrangell76

I can imagine it did. It is a strange coincidence that both you and Thurisaz had similar dreams on the same night. Hope they were just that, bad dreams and not predictions ey ?

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ImJaded

The reason there shotting this `is it dead or not` object is simple - china has a working and recently shown to teh world as working ASAT system - the US will not let `red china` have all the glory with its much vaunted but untested ABM system

so , now they want to test it , and suddenly theres a `dangerous and faulty sat which could `harm granny jones and her mom so we have to shoot it down`

it also (if it works) shows china , hey we can blow up your soace based junk as well

but hey since when has politics ever influenced the way a country does anything

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

I don't doubt it for a second Harlequin.
I am just very concerned with the outcome of this, something I am sure they aren't in order to flex their might.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Found this little tidbit about our little friend and thought I'd share with you:

blog.wired.com...

The amounts listed in this article coupled with the cost of the shoot down absolutely boggle my mind...
Remind me why we're all broke again?
Edited to add:
So, we built something that we pretty much got told straight up wasn't going to even work, and now it's a crisis that it doesn't work? If the parts are sooo inferior and messed up, why the huge push to go get it before it falls into the wrong hands? Maybe the people TPTB fear finding it can fix the bloody thing!
I jest...maybe. Methinks there's a weapon on it, bottom line. A weapon we are NOT supposed to have up there...
Waiting for the vans to come and get me as I type...will try to get a pic of "skippy the blunder satellite" as it passes over tonight... if I'm not detained for opening my big mouth...hehehe

[edit on 20-2-2008 by althea041724]

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
What if... and im just throwing it out there.... It's part of the project "blue beam" ..
And it might contain that rocket fuel everyone is worried about.. but worse, it contains a pretty good amount of plutonium!

ahh.. good times

of course, im just talkin out my bum

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I apologize for this post in advance,
but wanted to get a question in,

After checking tonight and tomorrow's constellation pathway for US193 at heavens-above.com, it struck me how similar its trajectory is to TU24's (the NEA that caused some concern here about a month back.) Both tend to start near Deneb - move through Pisces - near Cassiopeia, Camelopardalis, and out Ursa Major.

...Any thoughts as to the approximate coincidence in sky tracks shared by:

TU24 (at it recent-closest pass to earth)

and

US193 (at shootdown/lunar eclipse date).

Granted it’s a big sky, these are small object relatively; I just thought the apparent correlation in paths/terrestrial attention was interesting.

-scrapple

[edit on 20-2-2008 by scrapple]

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Ok, so they are planning on shooting it down tonight. My family and I have a question. What happends to the missile if we miss? Do they just blow it up, or will the missile accidently fall back down to earth and convieniently land on our Iranian friends?

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Supposedly it has a self destruct mechanism. No way a missile launched from a ship in the Pacific could make it all the way to Iran.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Can anyone tell me what time it is due to be shot?

Eastern Time?

I'd like to sit with my legs crossed, fingers crossed and squinting along with the Rosary beads in hand.

I sure hope no one gets hurt

Hope also that it doesnt slam down on a country who will automatically think its us sending them a hello nuke!

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Last I heard this morning (Aust.) is they may not get a chance to htake the shot due to bad weather. Any updates on that?

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

DG.. (btw... I miss your Natalie Wood avatar...i absolutely loved it!...lol)I got 3:30 UTC, which I believe is 10:30 est, someone please correct me if I am wrong...hope this helps you...
Like I posted in another thread... I don't care what 'They" say... they'll do their best to take it tonight. I'm willing to betcha five bucks they take the shot- even if they miss...
Going outside now to try to set up a shot of the little bugger... clouds really do suck...lol
Where's Vic when you need him? Lol he knows more than most of us folks...

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Gates has a 10 second window... about 50 miles. Anyone got the weather off the coast of BC? Clouds? Weather shouldn't make any difference to the shot (in all but the roughest seas)... maybe the splashdown though. They need to do "pick-up" and "clean-up", maybe not... rough seas would make that a bit difficult...

Russkies say Shiloh will get first crack (like they'd know - LOL - BS, check the blogs out of St. Pete's)... dang I wish I could read Russky... wouldn't hurt to be able to jaw in Chinese too... all afternoon they've been "HAARP-ing" on this. LOL. I just hope no humans get hurt.

If they miss? If they don't have an self-destruct on the Raytheon EKV? Gravity wins. That pup will have a dense core... maybe tungsten. That'll punch a hole through just about whatever it hits, up there, down here, don't matter.

The Moon looks awesome.

Vic

[edit on 20-2-2008 by V Kaminski]

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join