It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Defunct Spy Satellite Falling From Orbit

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:
KTK

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 01:45 AM
link   
How can we talk about it hitting Australia without derailing this thread?

If it hits in the ocean close to shore could it cause a tsunami?

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by searching_for_truth

Yeah, sorry 'bout that. Noticed after I posted.

Technically it was not Australia who fined the US, but a municipality in Australia.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by KTK

I doubt it. It's about the size of a bus, but it won't be moving as fast as an asteroid or comet would, nor is it as strong.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

That, I did not know. Thanks for the info.
70's I was probably 6 or 7 years old that time.

The real issue, where will it really fall? (If they can't shoot it down)

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Your chance to spot doomed spy in sky

A spy satellite has hit the headlines because it is due to crash back to Earth over the next few weeks. But you may not realise that you can easily spot this "top secret" craft for yourself.

Thought this was noteworthy, notes dates and locations of the craft's faulty orbit... well up until the 23rd. If they can navigate it's orbit this far why not where it will land at a more accurate guesstimate ?

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Officials acknowledged that many satellites — some much larger — have fallen to Earth in the past without harm. But they said the presence of 1,000 pounds of hydrazine — unused fuel held in a 40-inch sphere — led Bush to approve the intercept attempt.

Jeffrey said that the fuel tank is the only piece of the craft that isn't expected to burn on re-entry. If it hits the ground intact, the tank could leak gas and cause potentially fatal injury over an area of the size of about two football fields, he said.

"This is all about trying to reduce the danger to human beings," he said. unquote

Yeah....... I believe it.

Its all about us

Mungo

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ImJaded

From the lastes article ( posted earlier.........
Australia and other nations are on standby as the United States prepares to make its first attempt at shooting down an out-of-control spy satellite, possibly on Thursday.

CNN today reported that Thursday had been set for a US warship's first bid to bring the satellite down safely in the northern Pacific Ocean.

The crippled satellite is due to break into the Earth's atmosphere on March 6. Without intervention, it could crash onto land and spill its 450kg load of toxic fuel. unquote

Source

www.smh.com.au...

Mungo

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 03:56 AM
link   
So the shuttle gets a loose tile and vaporises but this thing can just plummet through ok?

I just knew it was gonna head for Oz too, oh how I freakin hate the military industrial intel complex.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by ImJaded

Because at it hits atmosphere it's going to start changing orbit, and get pulled all over the place.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 05:40 AM
link   
I understand why the US military indicated the chances of it hitting in North America would be greatest if left to uncontrolled re-entry. "When" it's over the CONUS it's at or near the lowest point in the orbit.

If there were to be a shot today (I know it's not skedded until after 122 goes to wheel stop) right about now would be the orbit I'd choose. Just about in the pipe as we speak. Perfect - between HI and the West Coast. Altitude 157 miles, 4.67 miles per second moving SE.

Cheers,

Vic

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Here`s a thought fo you all:

china recently demonstrated full working ASAT capability by shooting down a real sat in orbit - i must ask , this sat the US wants to shoot - can you honestly say it is faulty? or does the US want to show to the world

`if you can do it so can we`

If SM-3 misses then scrambled egg all round i feel.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I believe the hazardous material on board is hydrazine a type of hazardous fuel that is extremely toxic. There may also be Thermo Electric Nuclear Generator aboard this satelite which produces power by converting heat (generated by natural decay of a radioactive element for example plutonium) into electricty.

Shooting it down sounds like a workable solution until you take note of the fact that there has only been one succesful test (quite a while back) of a ASAT weapon.

The real concern for the US is the technology aboard the satelite. Even non functioning ccd componants and its associated hardware and software packages would be worth a hell of alot of money on the black market. Even if it was is twenty years old im sure nobody really wants this falling into the wrong hands.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shar_Chi
So the shuttle gets a loose tile and vaporises but this thing can just plummet through ok?

I just knew it was gonna head for Oz too, oh how I freakin hate the military industrial intel complex.

The space shuttle fell apart at 40,000 feet and there was a lot of debris.

Link

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Hey Everyone...

I have come back here to make a prediction... My last post made on this thread, on January 30th, I used astrology to predict that it will land on March 6th.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Now I'm coming back to take this even further... I have been tracking this using astrology and I have determined that it will land in Poland on March 6th probably around 1 pm, give or take, local time.

As stated in my last article, I believe this is going to have a major impact on the world, and will have major reprocussions...I don't think anybody realizes, but this is going to be a BIG EVENT.

My last article...
www.truthpages.net...

I believe that they are going to fail at shooting it, but if they do hit it, it will still have some kind of a major impact.

I also have incredible suspicion that it is not a spy satellite but instead some sort of star wars weapon.

I think that there is also possibly a connection between this event and 9/11...Perhaps this may be a DEW (directed energy weapon) like the one that some believe was used to bring down the twin towers.

However, there is definetely a connection between this and the object that fell in Peru on Sept 15th, except this one is bigger. I also wrote about this in my last article as well.

Anyways, I'm currently working on a new article, which should be ready by tommorrow night ...I'll keep you guys posted...

[edit on 19-2-2008 by TruthPages]

CX

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthPages

Hi TruthPages, welcome back.

Interesting post you have there. Are your predictions, and claims about this being a star wars weapon anything but just opinion?

Unfortunately i guess we'll never know on this occasion. Should the missile miss, the chances of this thing falling to earth without a very secure greeting party are pretty slim to say the least.

Some interesting points there though TP.

CX.

[edit on 19/2/08 by CX]

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

There are a few reasons why I believe it is a star wars weapon...It will be in my next article which I am working on right now...I'll notify this thread when it is finished.

Thanks for your appreciation.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
From CNN Webiste

"The Missile Defense Agency estimated the cost of a sea-based attempted intercept at $40 million to $60 million."

$40 million to $60 million to bring down one lost satellite............?

Seriously, don't you people think that it sounds fishy??

[edit on 19-2-2008 by Spooky Fox Mulder]

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Interesting co-incidence at 12:55PM Eastern today... lost the feed. It means nothing special.

Vic

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Ha... Just watched the little bugger shoot directly over my house at 6:14 pm my time (est), which it does twice per day). It was hauling butt, I might add.
I really don't feel like picking up pieces in my yard, so here's hoping they get it tomorrow! I get one more chance tomorrow night at 6:20 my time to say goodbye to it.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by althea041724

One night... I might actually have no clouds. ARRRRGGGGGHHHH! Weeks. It was really low this pass over NA... site stopped working at 156.1... didn't come back up for 3 minutes. I make low 150's as an estimate. They'll need to take the shot by Friday... it's already all wobbly and if it gets too low and losses too much velocity in an unanticipated way because of local weather... it "could" drop pretty quickly. STS takes 4300 miles downrange to land controlled. USA 193 could drop with a much higher attack angle. No way to figure it exactly... well maybe Sandia or Goddard or Langley.

Weather at KSC looks "better than good" the next orbits after Atlantis is down will be of interest.

al' can you describe what you saw? I'm interested to know if it "twinkled" or was a solid pinpoint of light? Did it seem to have any tail? I'm thinking not, but I don't exactly trust the data and lack of data we are being "fed".

Hey, you clowns at Level 3 in Denver, leave my router alone you MIC-simps. Up yours.

Vic

[edit on 19-2-2008 by V Kaminski]

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join