It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush authorizes shoot-to-kill policy against Iranians in Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Bush authorizes shoot-to-kill policy against Iranians in Iraq

www.rinf.com

The Bush administration has authorized US military forces in Iraq to hunt down and kill Iranian government personnel operating in that country, according to a report that first appeared in the Washington Post last Friday. The newspaper said President Bush authorized the new “kill or capture” program last fall during a meeting with his most senior advisors, which also resulted in the approval of a series of other measures aimed at destabilizing the Iranian regime.

The existence of the program was confirmed by Bush Friday. He told reporters that “it just makes sense that if somebody is trying to harm our troops and stop us from achieving our goal, or killing innocent citizens in Iraq, that we will stop them.” The White House and the Pentagon have long claimed that Iranian military and intelligence operatives in Iraq have provided supplies for roadside bombs and technical assistance for attacks against US troops. Not a shred of evidence has ever been presented to substantiate these claims.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Has anyone else seen this . I tried a search but found nothing .
Could this be the beginning? Or am i totaly missing somehting and behind a bit?

www.rinf.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Really is this old news? Does noone else think that if we start shooting them were gonna have issues .
I can understand defense i suppose , But i can't tell how there gonna play this one .

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I found a snippet from CNN referring to this.
edition.cnn.com...

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by clay2 baraka

Wow thats a bit buried. Thanks I was hoping that some sort of media picked this up . I still haven't figured out what the limitations on this are if any.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Not a shred of evidence has ever been presented to substantiate these claims.

And there it is... Bush hasn't got a shred of evidence to back up ANY of his claims.

He's lying to us once again...

All he's done is intentionally destroyed ALL chances of a diplomatic resolution.
In response to Bush's moronic decision, Iran will have to enact the same law in Iran... any US spotted in Iran will have to be shot on sight as well.

So there it is... Iran can't talk to the US, the US can't talk to Iran.

Any and all blood spilled in future war is on Bush's hands. He's the one who ignorantly closed all chances of diplomatic communication.

It is clear, beyond a doubt, that Bush is after war. He clearly hates peace, and hates freedom.

[edit on 26-1-2008 by johnsky]

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by johnsky

Wow great post . All this stuff coming at once . The public really has no hope to keep up .
We seriously need a REAL independent news agency to poke there heads out .
These guys are MADMEN!

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Isn't Ahmadinajad planning a trip to Iraq (or has that already happened)?

Does Bush's shoot-to-kill policy include him?
F

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Fuggle

Good question . Albeit i think the answer is obvious . But what if he got to the border and BOOM.
Whoops didnt realise who ya were sorry we'll mail your remains first class .

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Somehow I wonder how the Iraqi government we put in place is going to feel about this.

Seeing as how they're far more loyal to Iran than they are to us

Oops - imposing a democracy doesn't mean people are going to vote for the people you want.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Two things spring immediately to mind

Aren't spies (if that's what they are) commonly shot in wartime?
IMO the war is illegal, so this is a bit of a moot point from my perspective, but I thought it worth mentioning.

bush is SUCH a cowboy - this is an excuse to shoot first, ask questions later and cover up civilian deaths - "oh, he/she was an iranian" and also to pee off iran.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by xmotex

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Seems they already have a general consensus on their love for us. lol

This type of Dumbya lunacy just adds more icing on the cake for them.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
What I would like to know, is how does one distinguish between an Iranian and an insurgent, or a peacefull Iraqi citizen? It's not like they are all wearing different colored uniforms over there.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by highfreq

You don't. All you need to know is that they're brown and don't speak English. That's generally a good enough reason for killing someone to most Americans, judging by the border rhetoric. Throw in that the people in Iraq probably don't go to the same good white protestant church as you do, and well that just makes it even more okay!

So we've kidnapped and imprisoned Iranian diplomats accepted by the Iraqi government, and now we have the cumstain-in-chief saying it's okay to murder anyone who looks slightly Iranian found in Iraq.

I would suggest Iran take this to the UN, but it'd be a security council member, and hey, the US gets an absolute veto there.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

This "war" gets sicker by the hour - I'm actually ashamed of my english side - although my irish side is thinking "business as usual for the brits then"

The sooner shrub is gone, the better - although will his successor be any better?

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

Don't seem like they will even have a chance . Bush is already stacking the deck in his own favor. The news this week is disturbing . I bet it only gets worse the closer to election.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by oLDWoRLDDiSoRDeR

So that the next president is immediately under pressure to do something - without knowing the full situation.

I really don't think that shrub has the best interests of the US at heart.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

I hear what you are saying. This "shoot to kill" policy gives the average soldier on the ground one more reason to pull the trigger under the assumption that an individual "looks" Iranian.How many innocent lives will be lost because, well..he looked Iranian.
I seriously doubt the millitary is going to start asking people they stop if they are from Iran. But who knows, maybe they already are. And if they are from Iran it's probably more unlikely they are going to tell.

new topics

top topics

join