It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drug company 'hid' suicide link

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Drug company 'hid' suicide link

www.rinf.com

Secret emails reveal that the UK’s biggest drug company distorted trial results of an anti-depressant, covering up a link with suicide in teenagers.
S
Panorama reveals that GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) attempted to show that Seroxat worked for depressed children despite failed clinical trials.

And that GSK-employed ghostwriters influenced ‘independent’ academics.

GSK told Panorama: “GSK utterly rejects any suggestion that it has improperly withheld drug trial information.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.bbc.co.uk

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Wow this is just plain bad . Pushing these drugs on kids when they know there unsafe.

www.rinf.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Population control at its finest.

What more can I say?

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Thats what i'm thinking..
Is no one accountable at all anymore ?
What happened to civil liberty's and human rights?
Who were they sold to?

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Looks like the UK drug companies are learning new games from the US drugs companies. They've been corrupt and hiding drug test results for decades. Your best bet is to not take prescription drugs. As long as you stay away from processed foods and commercial products, there's no need for them.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by annestacey

Thats all find but these are kids. I personally dont have a problem with a consenting adult taking whatever if he knows the risks. And even dont lose too much sleep on drug testing on adults. But with children it sparks a bit of outrage. If i found this out and my kid was on this drug/killed himself cause of it . Heads would roll .
I feel for the family's .

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
There should be a way to shut the company down for falsifying potentially fatal information.

Long gone are the days where a company dies because the people don't trust it any more... now we need to be able to destroy companies for this sort of thing.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
It doesn't matter to the drug companies who dies... adults or kids. It's all about making money. In the US, there are hundreds of thousands of kids on medication for ADHD... an illness caused by food chemicals. The medical industry won't tell people to simply clean up your kids diet. They would rather make money off your kids bad health. It's a dirty truth and evidently the UK is also jumping on that bandwagon.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Just to play devils advocate here for a minute, consider this:

ALL antidepressants have the potential within the first few weeks of treatment to cause deeper depression and suicidal thoughts to some who may be more susceptible.

This is because most of them (and the most commonly prescribed) alter the seratonin levels in the brain.

Think of your seratonin levels like an EQ on a stereo - the levels have to be brought back into balance, if they are OUT of balance.

This is what antidepressants do - just google SSRI or SRI - selective seratonin reupteake inhibitors or seratonin reuptake inhibitors: they adjust the levels of seratonin to get them back in synch.

Any company that hides information this important should be castigated.

But I'd also like people to consider the number of lives that have been saved because of prescription antidepressants before getting caught up in a witch hunt.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

My understanding was they spoofed seratonin . Maybe i have been watching too much "House MD" But i could have swore that a number of anti-depressants were "generic" (For lack of better word) saretonin.

[edit on 26-1-2008 by oLDWoRLDDiSoRDeR]

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I was talking about the effect rather than the chemical make up.

But my understanding coincides with yours.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

I wouldn't be so quick to defend antidepressant medications. It's nothing but a moneymaking scam for the pharmaceutical industry and people can avoid them by avoiding chemicals.

I completely cured my own 15-year depression by changing my diet to organic foods and using only organic and eco-friendly products in my home. I was on several antidepressants over a period of 7 years and I experienced both the subtle and not-so-subtle side effects.

This government introduced chemicals into our society over a hundred years ago (and have been increasing them steadily for decades) and then people started getting illnesses such as obesity, high blood pressure, depression, alzheimers, diabetes, cancer, etc. Any 'explanation' offered by the scientific community are lies with junk science to back it up.

All of those illnesses are completely preventable and mostly curable, but you won't hear that from the government, the FDA, the medical industry, the food industry or your doctor.

It's much more profitable for all of the above industries and organizations to keep pushing chemicals on us so they can keep pushing drugs on us.

People need to wake up and smell the coffee before they keel over and die while their finances are drained by the organizations claiming to 'protect you'.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

Sorry. Though glad were on the same page

-------------------------------------------

annestacey are you in the US?
I need to change my diet around bad . Was wondering if you could point me in the right direction .
Im underweight . Have been al my life really (Except on anti-depressants as a kid)

And really need to get my diet in check .

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
No worries.

There's some good info about diet in this thread especially from badge.

annestacey
I'm not defending them - I personally think they are a bunch of profiteering, warmongering, manipulative bunch of cashwhores.

But that's just an "IMO"

Like I said, I was just playing devils advocate, although I also speak from personal experience - self help and diet are important, but I'd pretty much gone beyond that point.

[edit on 26/1/2008 by budski]

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

Thanks will give it a look . Its one of those things thats easy to put off . Till you eventually forget . Must go read now lol . . Thanks again

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by oLDWoRLDDiSoRDeR
annestacey are you in the US?
I need to change my diet around bad . Was wondering if you could point me in the right direction .
Im underweight . Have been al my life really (Except on anti-depressants as a kid)

And really need to get my diet in check .

Yes I'm in the US. If you want to change your diet, try to consume fresh organic foods, mostly fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and nuts. Raw foods provide more nutrition because cooking mostly takes the nutrients out. Microwaves kill food as well. Don't eat anything processed. (If it comes in a box or a package and not naturally grown, it's processed). If you need to consume meat and dairy products, try to keep it organic.

You can learn a lot about this topic at my favorite grassroots health website: NewsTarget

You'll be shocked at what is in processed foods, meat and dairy.

Good luck!

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

ok budski. Thanks for the clarification.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I used to work in a sugar refinery . Sticky job .
But if most people knew what i know . They would defiantly not eat as much sugar .
Gonna read up on your content . Thanks

new topics

top topics

join