It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mark of the Beast Identified

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
The beast is a government system, all religions and nations and people will come as one. Hence NWO, and this system will put a mark on man, like for example these RFID chips. Every anti-Chritian values will fall into this anyway, and will probably mean a lot of different things but will all add up or be part of the whole puzzle at some point.

I believe the book of Revelation can be seen in different ways like God him self. One through a spiritual way of looking and understanding, one through a literal.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by The time lord

actually it is the 7 heads of the beast that are the governmenting bodies of the people that are the nature of the beast and it is the horns on the heads of the beast that are the leaders in control of the heads of the beast.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

Well, if you want to flex prophecy, you need to consider symbolism.

The forehead, or brow, is the classic seat of thought.
The hand is the source of action. We don't do things with our mouths or our elbows, but with our hands.

They accept the mark of the beast upon their thoughts and their actions.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Hi, yes I know that because it actually tells you in Revelation 15 what the horns and the beast is about litrually. People think the Beast is the Anti-Christ but it's not, its a system of power, but some leader will control that power for their liking.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by heliosprime

If you believe that keeping the 'proper' Sabbath is a sign of God's people, how do you equate this with the fact the Jesus himself broke the Sabbath laws quite openly? (If you are coming from a Christian perspective that is.)

Also, I'd be interested to see your answer to the few questions posted about hate mongering.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Winefried

The Pharisees accused Jesus of breaking the Sabbath laws for healing people on the Sabbath. He used the analogy of an animal being trapped in a pit and if a man would save this creature or ignore it due to it being the Sabbath in an effort to follow the letter of the law. He was pointing out their hypocrisy. They were so obsessed with following the details of the rituals that they forgot the spirit of the law: to help others.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
What is funny is that whenever the world is ending some people will be sure it was God others will be sure it is science......Does not matter...It will end and whatever YOU believe will be your reality. Just my 3 cents

Oh and the BEAST is Rome...

[edit on 26-1-2008 by TXMACHINEGUNDLR]

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I dont know who is more nuts...you or scientologists

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Actually,my personal view on the mark in the case of it being a literal implant is that there will be no forcing or demanding,

It will be as simple as the authority's saying,

Well Mr and Mr's Jones,seeing that you refuse to take the implant
you will not be able to function in society,
It is a shame that your children have to go hungry,
and you will not be able to receive medical treatment...Have a nice day

Matt 6:31-

Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or,
What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?

For your heavenly Father knows that ye have need of all these things.
But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   
These type of topics are always so facinating to me, to see people's different interpretations of a thousand year old piece of literature is very insightful.
It also shows how sensitve people are about a subject or topic... where their true intentions lay.

This is could be a very informative topic if people are able to RESPECT eachother and leave the emotions on the wayside.

good vibes to all

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I see our friend heliosprime is again bringing his covenant preaching of the Sabbath into the conspiracies in region again.

Didn't you already have another thread on the same topic?

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by heliosprime

Revelation 14:10 reveals that those who receive the mark of the Beast will have the wrath of God poured upon them. Notice the Apostle Paul’s clear teaching about the recipients of God’s wrath. Colossians 3:6 tells us that “the wrath of God is coming upon the sons of disobedience.” The mark of the Beast is therefore a brand of disobedience to God. It marks those who refuse to keep God’s commandments in spite of both the preaching of the two witnesses and even the final warning delivered by an angel of God (Revelation 14:9).

The mark of the Beast stands clearly as a brand of disobedience to God and His laws. Does the Bible reveal a contrasting sign of obedience that identifies God’s true people? Notice Exodus 31:13–17. Here God declared to ancient Israel that His Sabbaths were a sign between Him and His people forever! The Sabbath is the test commandment to identify the true God of creation and the people who are obedient to His commands and laws.

Revelation 13 explains that the mark of the Beast, a brand of disobedience to God, is taken upon the hand and the forehead. Just as disobedience is described as worn upon the hand and forehead, so also is obedience to God’s law. Notice Deuteronomy 6. “Now these are the commandments, the statutes, and the judgments which the Lord your God commanded to teach you, that ye might do them in the land whither ye go to possess it: That thou mightest fear the Lord thy God, to keep all his statutes and commandments… And thou shalt bind them for a sign upon thine hand, and they shall be as frontlets between thine eyes” (vv. 1–2, 8, KJV). The hand is symbolic of actions, while the forehead is the seat of intellect. Obedience to God involves both actions (hand) and will (forehead).

www.tomorrowsworld.org...

This text clearly indicates the true mark of the beast is SUNDAY worship and denying the "old covenant". Keeping the Sabbath and the Holy days is a mark of GOD's people.

"And thou shalt bind them for a sign upon thine hand, and they shall be as frontlets between thine eyes" Deut 6:8

So the mark of the beast would be an "anti-mark" of the sign of the worship on SUNDAY and refusing the law and commandments...........and worship on FRIDAY as in Islam............

Actions and will make alot of sense. I've been away from church for a long time yet my actions and will are still his and explains alot.

However I must say in following his will my actions must be to enlighten you to the Seventh Day Adventist who would also appreciate this but recognize that the seventh day and sabbath are saturday. No ill wll toward any who are confused about this but it is our duty for our actions to lead others to this truth and others as written by the hand of God.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackViolet
Actually,my personal view on the mark in the case of it being a literal implant is that there will be no forcing or demanding,

Matt 6:31-

Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or,
What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?

For your heavenly Father knows that ye have need of all these things.
But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Not sure that personal veiws count as written truths.

These things are already happening and the "way of the world" is to discard the poor and righteous who want to help others instead of get something over on another for personal gains.

Believe in God and follow his commandments and he will take care...provide for his faithful.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Never has a piece of literature been so insightful and never will there be an earthly piece as insightful.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
The Sabbath was made for man not the man for the Sabbath. Therefore the son of man is also lord of the Sabbath.

Mark 2:27-28

Jesus said we control the Sabbath, so we can do whatever we want with it.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackViolet

Already there. Try doing anything stateside without a SSN, photo ID, and money.

Whatever happened to that national standardized driver's license everyone was supposed to be getting, like it or not? Which we know only precludes a world photo ID (not just a passport), and finally the implant. All needed to "fight crime" or "prevent terror" or some BS like that.

So many marks, if we only knew which was THE mark...

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Intriguing... Hard for me to understend all the text but, if i read your resume:

"This text clearly indicates the true mark of the beast is SUNDAY worship and denying the "old covenant". Keeping the Sabbath and the Holy days is a mark of GOD's people. "

I am not sure, but are you telling us that "The Church" teaching us that Sunday is the day of the Lord, is in fact the mark of the beast?
Summaryng..The Church is The mark of the beast?

I also don't understend exactly how the Islamic friday is related to this. Care to explain better if possible?
Thx

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by gb540

I'm not pointing you out here, but I just want to muse... Why is it that the same people who were telling us "If you don't have anything to hide, why should you worry about surveillance?" are generally hte first ones to pop up with worries about the "mark of the beast?"

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   
helio your theory is diff to say the least.....you have left some important scripture out of it........

...“He causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads, and that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.” Revelation 13:16-17...

This scripture in itself clearly indicates that it will be a literal physical mark that one takes.......also by indicating the number of his name in the scripture is the idea where some scholars get the idea that this is NERO
Nero Cæsar or Cæsar Nero, and adds an "n", resulting in Neron Cæsar. Next the Latin is transliterated into Aramaic, resulting in nrwn qsr, which when using the numeric equivalent of the letters, then adds up to 666 as follows:
Nun = 50
Resh = 200
Waw = 6
Nun = 50

Qoph = 100
Samech = 60
Resh = 200

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   
REV chap13 vs16-17 clearly indicate there will be a literal physical mark that will be needed to buy or sell

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join