It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mark of the Beast Identified

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   

1) individually

a) each, every, any, all, the whole, everyone, all things, everything

2) collectively

a) some of all types

"... 'The whole world is gone after him.' Did all the world go after Christ? 'Then went all Judea, and were baptized of him in Jordan.' Was all Judea, or all Jerusalem baptized in Jordan? 'Ye are of God, little children', and 'the whole world lieth in the wicked one.' Does 'the whole world' there mean everybody? If so, how was it, then, that there were some who were 'of God?' The words 'world' and 'all' are used in some seven or eight senses in Scripture; and it is very rarely that 'all' means all persons, taken individually. The words are generally used to signify that Christ has redeemed some of all sorts—some Jews, some Gentiles, some rich, some poor, and has not restricted his redemption to either Jew or Gentile." (Charles H. Spurgeon, Particular Redemption, A Sermon, 28 Feb 1858).

cf.blueletterbible.org...

The word for "all" in greek is "pas" which does not exactly always mean all. Perhaps a closer translation could be "all that recieve" the mark?

Those who do not follow Muhammad and Islam or that do not worship on Sunday will not be allowed to Buy or Sell. The "mark" is a number or the "name". Hence in the food line, when ask "religion" to get food one must answer. Those who do not confess to follow the beast can not get food.

The anti-christ will require absolute obedience.....or death. For he is god and he saved man from destruction (he caused). His followers will enforce the "code"............

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I am going to write a manuscript about God. I am then going to bury it and make sure it will not be discovered for ten thousand years. I will start a huge cult not unlike Scientology, who will faithfully follow the rantings of my lunatic mind. I will base all of my theories on the psychological babbling of a coke-head pervert who gets off and is motivated by personal sexual fantasies with my own mother. So basically everything I utter will be steeped in shame, then backed up by perceived logic- then when the written manuscript if found by future "archaeologists", the carbon dating will prove its authenticity.

Then my insane rantings and delusion can destroy human kind for ever.

This will be the role of fear in the future.

Am I missing something?

[edit on 30-1-2008 by dk3000]

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by dk3000

Some one already did that, but won't mention the book, no not the Bible either, many agree that this is what happened.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by The time lord
What people do not get is that it will be an end time trend to kill off any unbelievers of a future end time government system that does not co-operated with it.

Not quote what the bible says. Read it before you preach it, please.

Since when was beheading a cultural punishment in the West? The whole world will endure this capital punishment as it will take a effect as part of the laws in which the Anti-Christ will rule by. Beheading has not been talked about in the West since France last used the gilotine. This is a new system or an old system that will come back to the world and judge the world by.

The last state beheading by the west was actually rather recent - France used the guillotine until 1977. Or perhaps even more recently, the American beheading of Saddam Hussein. Just for comparison, do you believe it is somehow more humane to inject a death rower with chemicals that essentially turn his blood to acid? or perhaps to strap them in a chair and fry them, often needing several attempts to accomplish it? Or perhaps hanging, dropping someone to (hopefully) snap their neck, and if not, let them asphyxiate? Maybe you think a firing squad is best, riddling a person with bullets and oftentimes letting them lay there as they bleed to death or go into shock? Maybe the gas chamber, which is about the same as lethal injection only using inhalants rather than injections.

We haven't yet come up with "humane" executions. The idea of killing a human being for a crime is pretty barbaric in and of itself, and hten you mix in the apparent need for revenge over justice so evident in legal systems worldwide.

To do this you must have one half the world who will want this and are convinced by their old religious ways to force it upon all unbelivers. Which to many as you may see in the news comes from a Islamic extreamist kidnappers rules and Islamic countries as by their rules.

The coverage does not reflect the numbers. Islamic fundies may be rather common - they seem populous in ALL religions. But the ones who actually break out the knives and go to town on people? Out of a population of 1,600,000,000 people (rounded up) there are MAYBE, to be generous with numbers, a few thousand who are willing to use violent methods. They could hold a convention and still have lots of elbow room.

What you'll also find is that the majority of people killed by them are other Muslims. This is of course, not reported - the news organizations know their audience, and their audience only gives a damn about a dead person if they're a white American Christian.

The most likely rise of any system to force this prophecy to happen is Islam and only Islam will go far enough to behead Christians not any other system. If you needed a future army or citizens to out Christians in time of confusion and supernatural powers which the anti-Christ will lead these people to do so then he needs a foundation in all cities and towns to rais these battles upon the Christians who will know that the Anti-Christ is not who he claims to be and go against his sytem and refuse to worship him.

It's a funny thing about Christians. You guys really, honestly believe you are an oppressed minority. You also beleive that this "one world religion" you guys seem terrified of will be someone else's religion. The two beliefs go hand in hand, of course. Time to face facts - you guys rule most countries outside of southern Asia and China - and you maintain a strong, and often violent presence in Asia east of Pakistan even so. We're not in Rome, you're not being fed to lions, and you're not even close to a minority.

The only rules that match this end time scenario is Islam, and many African countries this is going on and has done in history. But the difference is that this will take place world wide under a great evil power.

Don't know much about Africa, huh? Outside of Sudan, the wars of Africa are almost entirely Christian against Christian, or Christian against Pagan. In Sudan, it's not even religious - it's Arab Muslims against black Muslims, black Christians, and black pagans. It's a race war in Darfur, not a holy war.

Again, I want you to take a step back and see which religion holds the most political and governmental power. See which religion controls the most military assets in these countries. It's Christianity, with a nod to Atheist Legalism in China. Now compare these assets to those held by Islam. And then, tell me. Which countries are invading who? I don't recall Pakistan or Indonesia or Algeria conducting any invasions or occupations, or even talking about it - While the Christian world cheers for the invasions of Iraq and Afghanistan, and wants more - Nuke Iran! Topple Pakistan! Invade Syria! Bomb Mecca!

Now, applying logic. Who do you find more threatening? Crazy militant fundamentalists with knives and homemade bombs, or crazy militant fundamentalists with a military budget of over $1 trillion - in just one country they control?

The new system or religion may not be called Islam but it may combine non Christians to fight the Christians who will end up being seen as the infedels who deserve to be killed.

If Christians continue down the road they're going, the rest of us are going to need to draw together to fight you, yes. After all, your Messiah laid it out pretty well:

Luke 19:27 - "But these enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, bring them here and slay them in my presence."

And hey. Why are Christians so scared of dying, anyway? Seeing as how Christianity is the world's only religion that promises eternal pleasure and reward in the afterlife just for claiming to be one, you'd think you guys wouldn't be terribly bothered.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

escape to another planet or death would be a welcome relief from the insanity of this society and the hatefull ones in it-----that guillotine probably would be the quickest most painless way to be murdered other than an unexpected bullet thru one's brains---its just the waiting in line for your friends? to pull the "rip cord" that would be un-nerving while watching your companions ahead of you being martyred .

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Even this country's (US) most lettered Bible scholar says it's a cobbled together, mistranslated, mistake-ridden (by the scribes) compendium of disjointed writings by who knows whom? I wish I could remember his name, but I can't. He gave an excellent interview on NPR, so, probably, if you really cared, you could find out.

I would appreciate a little consistency, myself. If "Christians" are going to stand by the Bible...then REALLY stand by the Bible. If your children disobey...stone their little disobedient butts to death. Take advantage of your hubby's death to hook up with his hot brother (you know you always wanted some).

If there were any such thing as a JUST God, the centuries of atrocities committed in His name would never have happened.

I believe in the Flying Spaghetti Monster because I've been touched by His noodly appendage.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by themillersdaughter
If your children disobey...stone their little disobedient butts to death. Take advantage of your hubby's death to hook up with his hot brother (you know you always wanted some).

One problem. Those are Old Testament Jewish laws. We are not living under the Old Testament covenant and law nor are we Jews. We are Christians who live under Christian "laws" and New Testament covenant. The only two laws we are given is to love God and love our fellow man.

[edit on 1/30/2008 by AshleyD]

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
If religion is to have any credibility whatsoever then Scientology must be accepted as a religion. So end it already- cause those people are scary!

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox

Originally posted by The time lord
What people do not get is that it will be an end time trend to kill off any unbelievers of a future end time government system that does not co-operated with it.

Not quote what the bible says. Read it before you preach it, please.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have read it, it will especially happen in Isreal where 2/3 will be killed off by surrounding armies on land attacks, which Jesus tells the future people to flee to the mountains. Also in Revelations 20 speaks of the those killed during the end times for not worshipping the beast.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since when was beheading a cultural punishment in the West? The whole world will endure this capital punishment as it will take a effect as part of the laws in which the Anti-Christ will rule by. Beheading has not been talked about in the West since France last used the gilotine. This is a new system or an old system that will come back to the world and judge the world by.

The last state beheading by the west was actually rather recent - France used the guillotine until 1977. Or perhaps even more recently, the American beheading of Saddam Hussein. Just for comparison, do you believe it is somehow more humane to inject a death rower with chemicals that essentially turn his blood to acid? or perhaps to strap them in a chair and fry them, often needing several attempts to accomplish it? Or perhaps hanging, dropping someone to (hopefully) snap their neck, and if not, let them asphyxiate? Maybe you think a firing squad is best, riddling a person with bullets and oftentimes letting them lay there as they bleed to death or go into shock? Maybe the gas chamber, which is about the same as lethal injection only using inhalants rather than injections.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sadam was hanged, but they used Islamic laws against him because democracy had not yet been established. Not saying any capital
punishment is right I don't like it my self. But what people are thinking is that a Roman-esque type system that beheaded John the baptist or put Jesus on the cross will come about in Europe too. France can take back their beheading if Muslims make their own government out of their increasing imigrations and growth rate populations. I don't think France would say no to their past ways if it was as recent as 1977 for them to remember.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We haven't yet come up with "humane" executions. The idea of killing a human being for a crime is pretty barbaric in and of itself, and hten you mix in the apparent need for revenge over justice so evident in legal systems worldwide.

To do this you must have one half the world who will want this and are convinced by their old religious ways to force it upon all unbelivers. Which to many as you may see in the news comes from a Islamic extreamist kidnappers rules and Islamic countries as by their rules.

The coverage does not reflect the numbers. Islamic fundies may be rather common - they seem populous in ALL religions. But the ones who actually break out the knives and go to town on people? Out of a population of 1,600,000,000 people (rounded up) there are MAYBE, to be generous with numbers, a few thousand who are willing to use violent methods. They could hold a convention and still have lots of elbow room.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Everyone will become fundimental if their God shows up in the form of their own Jesus and Madhi because they expect them anyway to get rid of any future Jews and infedels, so when their signs come they will do anything to kill for the sake of honour, if fundimentals are doing that now, imagine the whole Islamic world convinced and being told at the same time to do so. Also populations have to grow and problems will have to be worse in this future.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What you'll also find is that the majority of people killed by them are other Muslims. This is of course, not reported - the news organizations know their audience, and their audience only gives a damn about a dead person if they're a white American Christian.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
likewise, yes they would kill their own if they become a non Muslim also by choice or change religions like to Christianity. Many have fled Muslim countries and it is happenning around Africa and the Phillipinnes too. You would not hear about that too often either, but do they them selves care enough to have the strength to do something about it? They can not do much about it anyway. Honour killing and extreamism is happening in the West due to an influx of immigrants bringing their culture and problems with them how ever they may spread to the next generation born Muslims.

The most likely rise of any system to force this prophecy to happen is Islam and only Islam will go far enough to behead Christians not any other system. If you needed a future army or citizens to out Christians in time of confusion and supernatural powers which the anti-Christ will lead these people to do so then he needs a foundation in all cities and towns to rais these battles upon the Christians who will know that the Anti-Christ is not who he claims to be and go against his sytem and refuse to worship him.

It's a funny thing about Christians. You guys really, honestly believe you are an oppressed minority. You also beleive that this "one world religion" you guys seem terrified of will be someone else's religion. The two beliefs go hand in hand, of course. Time to face facts - you guys rule most countries outside of southern Asia and China - and you maintain a strong, and often violent presence in Asia east of Pakistan even so. We're not in Rome, you're not being fed to lions, and you're not even close to a minority.

What people are doing is predicting this scene that will supposed to happen in the future, this future is specific to the comming of Jesus.
This future to try and predict it to contempory times seems to fit some puzzles of prophecy. We can still be wrong, It could also be a new Nazi type group that forms this beast system, but it will join forces with everything that is non Christian because it will be the ultimate battle with God, man will try and fight God also.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The only rules that match this end time scenario is Islam, and many African countries this is going on and has done in history. But the difference is that this will take place world wide under a great evil power.

Don't know much about Africa, huh? Outside of Sudan, the wars of Africa are almost entirely Christian against Christian, or Christian against Pagan. In Sudan, it's not even religious - it's Arab Muslims against black Muslims, black Christians, and black pagans. It's a race war in Darfur, not a holy war.

So what would you expect in a future that will be ruled by the Devil and ask for such things to take place? Christians will know the truth by then after Christianity becomes underground knowlege. We are seeing it from that point of view and not so much now. We can make comparisons to how now may spill onto the rest of the world. The world might end up the way some African nations are, man against man.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Again, I want you to take a step back and see which religion holds the most political and governmental power. See which religion controls the most military assets in these countries. It's Christianity, with a nod to Atheist Legalism in China. Now compare these assets to those held by Islam. And then, tell me. Which countries are invading who? I don't recall Pakistan or Indonesia or Algeria conducting any invasions or occupations, or even talking about it - While the Christian world cheers for the invasions of Iraq and Afghanistan, and wants more - Nuke Iran! Topple Pakistan! Invade Syria! Bomb Mecca!

----
Islam does their own work internally, by persecuting the freedoms them selves, the invasion is from within, hence why many flee or try and immigrate else where a. Much of the persecution towards non Muslims is from Muslims, wher
------

Now, applying logic. Who do you find more threatening? Crazy militant fundamentalists with knives and homemade bombs, or crazy militant fundamentalists with a military budget of over $1 trillion - in just one country they control?

The new system or religion may not be called Islam but it may combine non Christians to fight the Christians who will end up being seen as the infedels who deserve to be killed.

If Christians continue down the road they're going, the rest of us are going to need to draw together to fight you, yes. After all, your Messiah laid it out pretty well:

Luke 19:27 - "But these enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, bring them here and slay them in my presence."

And hey. Why are Christians so scared of dying, anyway? Seeing as how Christianity is the world's only religion that promises eternal pleasure and reward in the afterlife just for claiming to be one, you'd think you guys wouldn't be terribly b

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
in Rev. 13:7 it goes.....
and that no man might buy or sell save that he had the mark
or the name of the beast
or the number of his name.

yadda....

now to my scrambled brain, having a 'Mark'
(on a hand or forehead as we learn later, if we read that far...)
Does Not in any way-shape-form translate into a Sabbath observance
or lack thereof.

the 'Mark' is some simple graphic design or Logo, maybe a stylized 'Swoosh'
the 'Name' has to be something short & sweet or just something like 'NAU'
the 'Number' most likely is 666 or 616 or even DC-LX-VI

it would seem that this sign is a physical modification to the body,
and there are 3 'levels' of conformity and authority associated with loyalty

a mere 'mark' would be for the commoners,
having the 'name' as an outward sign would allow wearers to go the front of the line
having the 'number' would be reserved for the elite class (like those who are presently invited to Bilderberg Meetings)

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

So hey. Which laws count and which ones don't? Is there a definitive list or is it a more "go by your gut / do whatever you want" honor system? Because from what I can kill, murdering gays: Okay! Murdering mouthy brats: Not okay! Eating lobster: Okay! "Paying the Romans:" WAAAAAY not okay!

I'm sure there MUST be a list, since Christians are really quick to distance themselves from Levitical law unless they suddenly need an excuse to blow up a night club or a doctor's office or crow for genocide.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Anyway I don't know how do do those editing quotes so will continue here.

Islam does their own work internally, by persecuting the freedoms them selves, the invasion is from within, hence why many flee or try and immigrate, the more it grows the more it will consume the freedoms and there is no way out of Islam but death and war. Islam can not be changed, it will fight for its way in and the non believers will have to fight for a way out. Hence why the West is saying, seperate Religion from the law of the country. People are not too bothered about Islam like a world take over, but it has the hallmarks of what the world should fear in the comming new age. Are the Armies of the west any better, I don't see much difference any more, they are becoming alike in nature, and what it all takes is all non Christian groups to pass the parcel onto Christians as their fault for all to agree.

Many Christians are not too bothered about persecution, but we don't want the mark of the beast in the process, so what people are afraid of is that in the times of persecutions our souls could be Marked up for Hell. That is what to avoid, death is a way out but not if it leads to Hell because of the deceptions.

[edit on 30-1-2008 by The time lord]

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   

So hey. Which laws count and which ones don't? Is there a definitive list or is it a more "go by your gut / do whatever you want" honor system? Because from what I can kill, murdering gays: Okay! Murdering mouthy brats: Not okay! Eating lobster: Okay! "Paying the Romans:" WAAAAAY not okay!

I'm sure there MUST be a list, since Christians are really quick to distance themselves from Levitical law unless they suddenly need an excuse to blow up a night club or a doctor's office or crow for genocide.

But you see, what they do is not what I or anyone else has to answer for. They will have to answer for it as an individual. The only "ones that count" are the two Jesus specified. If there are fundamental violent extremists who disobey Jesus' rule of peace, they alone will have to give an account for going against what He specifically said. It's pretty simple. You ask the typical Christian and they are appalled by clinic bombings or the murder of homosexuals for no other reason than being gay, myself included. The true Christian who loves God and our fellow man knows what Jesus did with the prostitute. He spoke against her sin but never condemned her to death. It should be the same with us. If you have a problem with such extremists, confront the extremist. I'm not one of them.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Time Lord,

I'm sorry, but the formatting on those is really bad. I'll try to get to you in a few, after I figure out what it is you're saying

reply to post by AshleyD

I have asked a few people that I consider "typical Christians" in particular about the murder of gays. Know what the typical response from the typical Christian has been? "Wouldn't do it myself, but I can't really blame them"

In other words, "I don't have a problem with murder, but I don't want to do 20 to life"

"Love god" and "love your neighbor" right? Too bad so many people have a really warped conception of what "love" is, what God wants, and who exactly your neighbors are, huh? But hey, it's not YOUR problem, right? Apparently loving your neighbor doesn't quite stretch towards reaching out to other Christians... and whapping them upside the head when they act like douchebags.

That's something my religion has that yours apparently lacks.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   

I know it's hard to see past your bias of all things Christian but I have never heard a single Christian in my entire life say they are O.K. when homosexuals are the victim of a hate crime or when an abortion clinic is bombed. In fact, they have all been disappointed and even angry because it reflects on Jesus and the Christian faith. Not to mention many are very vocal about chastising such behavior. I don't know who you've been hanging out with but the people I know are true Christians who would never talk like that.

If you got your head out of the Christianity bashing sand you would be able to notice but your too busy looking down your stereotyping nose. Many Christians detest people like Fred Phelps and company. People like him are also in the minority even if they are the one in possession of the microphone. Christianity does not "lack it." The belief of such things is right there in the Bible: Love your enemy as yourself and do not judge the individual. It's the people that abuse and break the commandment- not the religion. And I bet my bottom dollar their knees are going to be a' wobblin' when they have to give an answer for what they did.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I, for one, would really love to see more "Christians" actually acting like Jesus (If, indeed, there ever was any such person... contrary to any evidence, whatsoever). Can you imagine Geo. W. Bush turning the other cheek? Highly doubtful. Laying down his life for his brother? Giving up wordly riches? Gee, has he ever done anything remotely Christian? Oh yeah, he got saved....twice! I guess the first time just wasn't good enough...or wasn't as politically profitable, so Billy Graham led him through the sinner's prayer--again.

Your name-calling is certainly not a good example of that "meekness" your signature touts.

You believe something you read in a book. Because you believe the book is supposed to be the "inherent word of God". And those inconvenient ugly little things in the Old Testament....well, just forget those because Jesus "fulfilled the law" and you live under a New Covenant. Yeah, I know the rhetoric. I also know what exegesis and isagogics mean.

It can't be that the foaming-at-the-mouth Christians I've run into are ALL exceptions to the rule. Puh-leeze.

Personally, I believe Harry Potter gave his life for me. And he rose from the dead. He lives! It must be true, it said so in the book!

It would be good to remember that people believed just as strongly that Zeus would look favorably upon their endeavors. Look where it got them.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by themillersdaughter

I don't think you actually seek out christians to know what they believe.
The only ones you come into contact with are either mad about something or trying too hard to get you right with god, that's YOUR job.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
I know it's hard to see past your bias of all things Christian but I have never heard a single Christian in my entire life say they are O.K. when homosexuals are the victim of a hate crime or when an abortion clinic is bombed. In fact, they have all been disappointed and even angry because it reflects on Jesus and the Christian faith. Not to mention many are very vocal about chastising such behavior. I don't know who you've been hanging out with but the people I know are true Christians who would never talk like that.

I'd be more contrite if I weren't being admonished by someone who believes that the next-biggest religion around revered the central figure of evil in Christian prophecy, you know? Motes, beams, eyeballs, you know all that stuff right?

"True Christians?" Isn't anyone who accepts Jesus as their savior is a "true Christian," at least to the protestant way of thinking? Remember, it's faith and not acts? And isn't calling someone a true Christian or an untrue Christian kind of, well judgmental and putting yourself on God's shoes?

Now, perhaps the Christians I speak with have some weird common bias besides their religion. Most know I'm pagan, so there may be some effect there. I know very few politically liberal Christians, so that might be another angle. None of my (mostly Methodist and Irish Catholic) relatives have said such a thing - but then they know MY feelings on the matter, and they're as related to gay people as I am, so...

Now I AM aware there are plenty of Christians who do argue against such things. I said I had never met one. Being aware that there was a person like Mother Theresa and actually knowing said person are quite different things.I'm glad there are such people, and it's my fervent wish that someday there are a lot more of them - at least a large enough population that I stand a reasonable chance to meet one or two

If you got your head out of your Christianity hating sand you would be able to notice but your too busy looking down your stereotyping little nose.

I don't hate Christians. I pity them. I could certainly go into the why's of that, but I doubt you're interested. If you recall, I dislike all of the Abrahamic faiths. So why the focus on Christianity? Because it's not Muslims waking me up at seven on a saturday morning to find if I have accepted Mohammed into my heart, and Jews aren't constantly sending me spam Email about how I need to incinerate four turtle doves and three pounds of collard greens on a tuesday or be damned for eternity. It's not Druze or Rastafarians taking a trillion dollars from the pockets of me and my neighbors in order to finance a blind middle eastern war, and I don't think I have ever heard a Baha'i in a presidential debate say that the environment shouldn't be a concern because "God will sort it out"

But, hey - it IS Mormons telling me that my ancestors worshiped white people and that my they were genocidal perverts who annihilated the "rightful" Jewish inhabitants of the New World. So I can't lay that hatchet at Christianity's feet.

Like I was telling Time Lord, you're the ones in charge most places. You're therefore primarily responsible for what goes on there.

Many Christians detest people like Fred Phelps and company.

Again, might just be the crowd I find myself suffering, but the irritation at Phelps seems to be that he protests at the funerals of soldiers, while protesting someone else's funeral is if not accepted, condoned with a dismissive "Well, that's his right." Not saying that it isn't, but rather that I'd like someone in my circle to go "That man's a jackass" without any qualifiers or loopholes.

People like him are also in the minority even if they are the one in possession of the microphone. Christianity does not "lack it." The belief of such things is right there in the Bible: LOVE YOUR ENEMY and do not judge the individual. It's the people that abuse and break the commandment- not the religion. And I bet my bottom dollar their knees are going to be a' wobblin' when they have to give an answer for what they did.

What is a religion without the people, however? Telling me that it's the people who screw up is a lot like telling me how great communism is, except that people always screw it up. If an idea - political, social, religious, whatever - finds itself unable to properly function when the realities of live humans are applied to it, well, perhaps it's not that great of an idea to start with.

And yes, I'm sorry, I do see a very distinct lack of internal discipline and regulation within Christianity. I don't expect a Christian police force, or some religion-wide movement, but it'd be nice to, time from time, see one Christian who's being a dumbass get popped across the back of the head by another one with a heartfelt "Stop being a dumbass!" attatched to it.

Just between you and me? I think those Christians (Well, all of you, actually) are going to be REALLY surprised at what happens in the hearafter. I hope you liked life the first time around, because here we go agaaaaaain!

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   

I have asked a few people that I consider "typical Christians" in particular about the murder of gays. Know what the typical response from the typical Christian has been? "Wouldn't do it myself, but I can't really blame them"

In other words, "I don't have a problem with murder, but I don't want to do 20 to life"

I don't know what "typical Christians" you know, but I assure you, that is not your typical Christian.

Your average Christian ABHORS murder. Where do you come up with this stuff

[edit on 30-1-2008 by defcon365]

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by dk3000

Nope - not a thing. You've got it about 100% right!
That is more or less the story behind the 'Book of Revelation' - well, minus the coke perhaps...heh

J.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join