It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Open borders advocate Juan Hernandez has joined the McCain campaign

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Open borders advocate Juan Hernandez has joined the McCain campaign

hotair.com

He supported amnesty in 2003 by name, proposed it in 2006 and 2007 without calling it amnesty, and says that anyone who says that he ever supported amnesty is a liar. He has insulted Americans who advocate border security and has cursed at the thought of building a border fence. Which of all of these is the real John McCain? The presence of Juan Hernandez in the background of the McCain campaign tells me that John McCain is as weak on border security now as he ever was.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
newsbusters.org

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
More proof that John McCain does not support the conservative values of the republican base. I truly think we have reached a point in politics where everybody is willing to throw away the issues that matter for the Iraq war. Because that is John McCain's only strong point to them, he wants 100 more years of war in Iraq.

hotair.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
No suprise there. McCain is like a Bush clone. The guy is the worst of the worst.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
i live in florida and i would never vote for John McCain due to his involement in amnesty. but it does seem that most of the people running for office support it.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I too find Mr. McCain's previous positions on illegal immigration extremely troubling.

The news that he has tapped Juan Hernandez for his Hispanic outreach program is, to me, indicative that his private feelings on the issue lean more to those earlier positions rather than his public stance now.

Further proof that Senator McCain is still friendly to the idea of amnesty and/or open borders, as well as other decidedly un-conservative ideas, is his appointment of Jerry Perenchio as a National Finance Co-Chair of the McCain 2008 campaign.

For those not familiar with Mr. Perenchio, Michelle Malkin has an interesting piece on his efforts in opposition to the hugely popular California "English for the Children" Proposition 227, and his support for semi-radical environmental groups and Planned Parenthood, here.

I have been a registered Republican since I was old enough to vote, and active in the party through most of the major elections. While there have been times when the Republican Presidential Nominee wasn't as conservative as I would like them to be, this is the first time that I actually considered the possibility that the nominee would be a RINO. I'm starting to think that if McCain gets the nomination, that I'll be sitting out the Presidential vote.

-Cypher

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I guess if there are 50 million or more illegal aliens in the country by the time they push the NAU (North American Union) through, they figure the beseiged citizens of the U.S. will say, "What the hell, it's too late already. What difference does a border make anyway?"

When I see every product in my pantry has a Spanish side-- I know the government is never going to do anything about illegal immigration, and will, in fact, continue to support it. Big business is obviously pushing for this as well-- more consumers to sell to, and cheap labor, which weakens the unions, which lowers salaries and benefits, which erodes the American standard of living.

I had a U.S. History professor point out that each time in our country's history that the unions became more powerful and worker's rights gained ground, the government would open the immigration floodgates.

I think the message is, this is a done deal whether you like it or not.

And I'm pretty sure I just heard on CNN that illegal aliens might get rebates (from Bush's economy rescue package).

I agree with Ron Paul-- enforce the law.

[edit on 1/30/08 by kattraxx]

new topics

top topics

join