It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reid Issues Ultimatum: More Time Or No Wiretaps

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Reid Issues Ultimatum: More Time Or No Wiretaps

www.huffingtonpost.com

"It's up to the president," Reid announced during a question and answer session. "Does he want the law? It's up to him." Reid said Bush needs to sign the extension to give more time for the Senate to reach a compromise on a new bill. Senate Republicans this week obstructed every effort for amendments to be made to the pending FISA legislation.

"If it fails, he can give all the speeches he wants, including the State of the Union, about how we've stopped things," Reid said. "If he does that, it's disingenuous, and it's not true."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Looks like Reid has been pressured to make a last ditch attempt at getting immunity stripped from the FISA bill. I know I called his office and complained about his poor leadership, and I am guessing tens of thousands of others did as well.

IF this does in fact become a reality I urge you all who have an interest in seeing immunity removed from the bill CALL YOUR SENATORS today. Let them know how you feel. They need to know we are awake and listening.

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I already E-mail my representative sometimes I feel that I am wasting my time with this people.

[edit on 26-1-2008 by marg6043]

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I understand the feeling, but I really believe if the people of this country just woke up and starting taking part in the system we would see so many of these issues go away. Maybe I am naive, but I really do believe this.

Beyond calling your reps another good move is to become active in teh local chapter of your respective parties. In this situation you also have a lot of power of persuasion over your representatives. Too few participate in this manner and the more who show up and voice their concerns the more our reps will be forced to listen.

This is a representative democracy or republic. It is vital that we speak up. Our leaders can not lead on our behalf if we are silent or only voice oiur opions out side of the political arena.

new topics

top topics

join