It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FOIA: Flying Wing Sighting Albuquerque, NM 25AUG51 (Unidentified)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   
NM_AUG_25_1951.pdf
Albuquerque, NM Flying Wing Sighting 25AUG51 (Classified:Unknown)
A flying wing type aircraft was spotted over the Albuquerque skies on 25AUG51 and appears to have created a frantic investigation to verify and identify the object. It was classified as Unknown.

Document date: 1951-08-25
Department: Various
Author: Various
Document type: Investigative Report
pages: 35

Archivist's Notes: A good portion of this file is legible, though many pages are illegible. Contained within the file is the report and investigation of a flying wing aircraft, very similar to the Horten brothers designs of WWII era Germany, this file also tries to link this sighting with one in Lubbock, Texas where two photos of the aircraft were acknowledged as being similar to the aircraft the Albuquerque witness, a Sandia Base security guard, Hugh Young observed. Witness drawings are included. The file does mention Air Force B36 type aircraft not being in the air, and also mentions that the Northrup flying wing was not in the air. Whose flying wing was it? Was this experimental? Lots of questions surrounding this sighting, maybe there is enough in this file for us to decipher this mystery. The last page appears to have intentionally been blocked out because only the very bottom of a form is shown. What was hidden?

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
This is an interesting document of a sighting of craft in Albuquerque, NM on August 25, 1950, described as a flying wing a little larger than a B36 aircraft. It was seen by a Mr. and Mrs. Hugh R. Young who described it as flying low enough to reflect ground lights, and described it to be similar to the B49 Flying wing except the wings did not have a taper to them and there were several lights along the trailing edge with dark stripes on the underside. It didn’t appear to have any conventional aircraft engines and flew without making any sound. The craft flew at about 300 MPH in a straight line and the sighting lasted about 30 seconds when it disappeared in the distance.

This document is an investigative report with several copies of the same eyewitness testimony. There is also mention of a similar sighting in Lubbock, Texas on the same day where some photographs were taken and the report requested they be shown to the witnesses to see if they could give more details. There weren’t any more details about the sighting in Texas in this document.

Mr. and Mrs. Young drew this picture showing the dark stripes and trailing lights.

This photograph taken in Texas is the only one in the document. It is of poor quality, but clearly shows lights in a similar pattern as the drawing.

This photograph is eerily similar to the video taken of the Phoenix lights sighting, which was described as a V-shaped craft, but much larger.

Related FOIA Document:
FOIA: Army CIC UFO Files Various Subjects Including "Horten Brothers - Flying Wing"

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Hal9000

The connection to the Phoenix Lights is interesting. It seems that these mystery lights do not change much with the passing of time, which from a normal pattern of human development, would make one think they were not some hidden technological achievement of a terrestrial origin.

However, flight procedures might not change as rapidly. Separate objects flying in formation, or joined in flight with the ability to separate, could be a long standing practice. The "V" formation is one that is logical for many reasons. A flying wing formation that could separate into component objects could have great tactical value.

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Interesting report, however when I clicked on the link I couldn't seem to raise the document to a size I could read. Can you help? Also the V shaped craft is similar to the recent reports by many UFO witnesses.

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Thanks Jackatmtn, got it straightened out. Now something I noticed was that in the mans report he says that he could not make out the height of the craft yet on the reports it mentions height as being around 350 ft. I find it impossible that the base did not pick up on this craft and yet it could have to do with the official procedures for dealing with people that report. I personally think that is why many of the radar images are blocked or not declassified.

new topics

top topics

join