It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FOIA: Los Alamos NM Sighting 01APR51 (Insufficient Data)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 07:54 AM
link   
NM_APR_1_1951.pdf
Sighting Los Alamos NM 01APR51 INSUFFICIENT DATA
Los Alamos sighting file with little information, 01APR51 April Fools?

Document date: 1951-04-01
Department: Unknown
Author: Unknown
Document type: File
pages: 2

Archivist's Notes: Not much in this file, which was classified Insufficient Data, describing a bright oblong object which travelled slowly both horizontally and vertically. No witness named though second page says Project Twinkle and the name Elterman appears along with an unsigned signature block for P.H. Wyckoff.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
A bright oblong object moving side to side and up and down isn't much to go on. The mention of Project Twinkle is interesting. This was a investigation in the late 1940s to look into the green fireballs being reported at that time.

Could this indicate that this was to be classified as a meteor?

Perhaps more information will turn up on this.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
this is a "gag" document, it's UNSIGNED. Yes this is a document of the U.S. Gov. but it's a "null", as a "T.P.O." I printed out page two, as well as Zoomed in, No signature on either line. You Never file Unsigned documents (teletype operators and Message Center personal are terrible gossips, and pranksters) this one slipped by because of the snow on the second signature line

[edit on 26-1-2008 by thedigirati]

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by thedigirati

Maybe this is what you send when you get a request that you don't want to actually give information on. Why bother on something from 50 plus years ago?

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by NGC2736

Correct, this is FOIA CHAFF, the Gov finds it and passes it thru the information highway to clog up the system

We get the Lovely job of weeding it out

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 01:52 AM
link   
hhhmmmm *cough* how can I tell you this?......

This document has been posted before

posted on the 19-11-2007

FOIA: Albuquerque, NM ball-shaped object + Project Twinkle Final Report title page

I fell for this too.... I was searching for P.H. Wyckoff signature + if he is for real - lol
...after 1/2 hour.... of going though stuff ... I found out that this has been done before

On another note:
I noticed that pdf page 1 is dated: 12 March 1951
and pdf page 2 is dated: 27 November 1951

[edit on 27-1-2008 by frozen_snowman]

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
My mistake -

After looking closer at both documents I noticed that these are 2 different reports:
Document NM_APR_1_1951.pdf is dated: April 1 1951 and
Document NM_MAR_12_1951.pdf is dated: March 12 1951

But both having exactly the same 2nd. pdf page released by L. Elterman and approved by P.H.Wyckoff (November 27 1951)

Newsflash:

The Project Twinkle final report was released by L. Elterman and I believe this was attached to the case file but went missing while scanning these documents:
Project 1947 (Twinkle Final Report)

Early in 1950 the Geophysics Research Division received a directive to investigate peculiar light phenomena that had been observed in the skies of the southwestern United States. Project Twinkle was established to check into these phenomena and their explanation....

[edit on 27-1-2008 by frozen_snowman]

top topics

join