It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FOIA: Roswell NM Sighting 17SEP50 (Poss A/C)?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 07:39 AM
link   
NM_SEP_17_1950_CASE_2.pdf
Roswell NM Sighting 17SEP50
This is a report of a sighting at Rowell NM of a fast moving circular object which was classifed as (Poss:A/C).

Document date: 1950-09-17
Department: 509th Bomb Wing
Author: LTC Tootelian Wing Intelligence Officer
Document type: Report
pages: 2

Archivist's Notes: This sighting was witnessed by five members of the Air Force on 17SEP50 who described the object as circular bluish-white which travelled quickly and made a sharp turn then disappeared. No sound was heard from this object. Interesting that the report says that no aircraft were in the area at the time of the sighting, however the record card classifies it as a possible aircraft. File is mostly legible with only a portion of the top of page 2 difficult to discern.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Air intelligence information report

FOIA: Roswell NM Sighting 17SEP50 (Poss A/C)?

NM_SEP_17_1950_CASE_2.pdf
Roswell NM Sighting 17SEP50
This is a report of a sighting at Rowell NM of a fast moving circular object which was classifed as (Poss:A/C).

Document date: 1950-09-17
Department: 509th Bomb Wing
Author: LTC Tootelian Wing Intelligence Officer
Document type: Report
pages: 2

Page one
A circular craft approximately ten feet in diameter was seen by an Air man on the ground on 17th Sept. 1950 at Roswell, NM.
The Speed of the craft is reported to be fast; this craft appeared to be blue-white in colour and at an approximate height of eight thousand feet, and had made a sharp turn to the right.

Page two
A more in-depth description of this sighting.

At approximately 2100 hours on 17 September 1950 while on guard duty on the 30th Ramp Area, I saw a bluish white light appear south east of the Base approximately ten (10) miles distance. This object was headed northwest at a fast rate of speed. It appeared to be about ten (10) feet in diameter and circular in shape.
At approximately two (2) miles northwest of the Base the object veered sharply to the right and then disappeared from sight. No sound could be heard from this object,
It appeared to be approximately eight thousand (8,000) feet high.
The following listed airmen also saw the same object at the same time;
Sergeant (sp)Edyrin Stoneburner, Sergeant Monnie B. Gore, Corporal James Knight and Private First Class Robert ?. Jones.
A check with Base Operations revealed that there were no aircraft in the local area at this time.
A check with the Base Weather Station revealed that the ceiling was twenty-three thousand (23,000) feet and that visibility was fifteen (15) miles.
The Early Warning Radar Station at this Base was inoperative at the time of this observation.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Despite the fact that this was explained away as an airplane, it seems unlikely. Judging by the rank of two of the witnesses, Sgts, these men should have had enough experience to recognize most normal planes.

The fact that the object changed direction indicates that it was not a meteor. The report of no exhaust or sound also rules out any known airplane except gliders and balloons, which seldom have a high rate of speed.

To me, this one is a true UFO, though exactly what we will likely never know.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
1947 i was 9 years old.standing with my dad taking a break from some work he was doing with his horses. it was in the morning about 10 or 11 in the morning. this was in derry n.m. my dad and i heard a soft whisaling sound and we both looked up to the derection of the sound which was south. we saw two derby hat shape saucers making a rigth turn ,putting them in a north easterly derection. being so close to the white sands proving grounds,my dad made a comment that it was probobly some goverment crafts. the crafts looked like short derby hats. not the tall ones. i have grow old listenig to all this talk about roswell saucers thought i would state my cmments. i don't rememebe dates nor days, only that it was warm 10 or 11 sticks to my mind for some reason. soon after we heard about the saucers crash. in 1953 we moved to fresno ca. i am still here. my dad is 93 now and lives in tucson. thank you. be-ge

new topics

top topics

join