It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Immune System

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 02:08 AM
link   
I have an incredibly strange immune system. I'm immune to poison ivy, many chemicals do not effect me and I never get the flu or any other virus or disease or anything. I only got poison ivy once and built up an immunity to it somehow. When I was younger I used to do plumbing with my dad, even though it's gross I can say I've had every nasty thing in my mouth, blood, poop, pee, seamen, vomit, just about anything that comes down a toilet and has gotten in my mouth at one point or another by being under my nails and eating stuff, or sewage flying from a rotorouting machine into my mouth. I've been exposed to some pretty nasty things and I don't get sick at ll.

Other than, cold air and too much sugar.

Let me explain.

If I breathe in too much cold air or eat ice cream that's really cold I start to cough, weeze and I get a horindus sinus infection, It gets really, really bad and no antibiotic can stop it, the only thing that helps is keeping warm. My sinuses usually drain into my lungs at night and that starts bronchitis with eventually develops into pneumonia, it's gotten so bad that I though I was going to die. That's why I hate winter, a doctor told me I have sinusitus, I don't think so though. I wish I could figure out what's wrong with me and if there is some medicine for it, but trying to get an honest answer out of a doctor is like pulling teeth.

Oh, and the sugar thing. If I have too much sugar in the morning (like say a piece of candy, soda or a cappuccino) I will have diariah for the rest of the day, or if I have romen noodles I'll have diariah (I think it's the sliminess). As a result I usually have diariah about once or twice weak.

It's very strange I can be round very contagious people and not catch anything from them if they cough on me or if I drink or eat after them. Cold air kills me though, it is the one thing that tears my body apart. Anyone else have this thing or know what it is?

[EDIT]
I forgot to mention, one thing. My immune system can't take alcohol. just a little bit makes me vomit violently, i vomit so much that I usually start to cough up some blood from all the acid eating away at my asophogus. Yeah, I know, pretty gross. There are other people who have that same problem too, but for some reason when someone offers me a drink and I tell them my immune system can't handle it they act like I'm crazy. lol, I guess some folks really like there booze.

-Jimmy

[edit on 26-1-2008 by jimmyjackblack]

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I am not a doctor so please don't take my word as gospel. It sounds like you may be blood type "O" and have a lactose intolerance. Sugar is an osmotic diuretic which means that it will greatly enhance bowel movements. Easy enough to avoid sugar....at least table sugar. There are all kinds of sugars-dextrose, maltose, sucrose, lactose, glucose, etc. You may be able to handle certain sugars (you'd have to be able to as your body breaks things down into sugars) but just not lactose or sucrose.
There are certain foods that individual blood types are innately intolerant to. You can get your blood typed for about $8.00 or if you've ever had surgery it would already have been typed and crossmatched and your medical records would have that information. You can read up on blood type diets in Peter D'Adamo's books for more specific information on foods your blood type should avoid.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I can also walk around in poison ivy all day and not get a rash. Never had a problem with it.

I can't have sugar in the morning, because it pretty much makes me feel like I am going to die. I love love love to have donuts for dinner, though. Mmmmmm....

I understand what you say about the cold air, as it sounds like issues I have. Also, I rarely get sick, even when I am around people who are contagious. I am 26, and have never had the chicken pox. I have had scarlet fever, when I was around 7, which seems kind of weird to me.

Just be thankful! I am thrilled to have a good immune system. And the poster above me that mentioned the type O blood might be on to something. We seem to have a lot in common, and I am O negative. Who knows.

Oh... forgot to mention the alcohol thing. I love alcohol, but a lot of the time my body just can't handle certain things. I never hold onto a buzz really long, or get drunk, because my metabolism is super fast. But alcohol screws up my blood sugar, and often will cause stomach problems for me. I just deal with it, though. I love to drink wine or beer with food. Hot seafood, especially boiled crawfish, with a cold beer, or wine with Italian food. Makes me smile just thinking about it.

[edit on 27-1-2008 by TheHypnoToad]

join