It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Younger Men REALLY Love Older Women?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
i had a six year relationship with a guy who was 10 yrs younger than me,

in the end he wanted kids, i had a child and didnt want any more so we went our separate ways.

now i am on a dating and friendship site and i get alot of younger men hitting on me but i always think they are only after the great sex us older ladies can offer

so i would now rather be in a relationship with a man my own age!

pity they wont be able to keep up with me though...LOL

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Speaking of marriages and kids,

How many guys here get weirded out when you're flirting with some woman and then you find out she has kids or a husband?

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 02:59 AM
link   
for the attraction the only thing not attractive about it is that you lose your love maybe 10-20 years ealier than you would if you marry a younger woman

i don't think that if you were 50 and she was 60 you would want to date younger women, or when you are even 35 and if she is in shape for 50 she will still look good, it's just losing them earlier would enter your mind if you wanted to get serious

i have talked to my friends about older women a lot and we all love them, especially when they look good, and you can tell they have made an effort into staying healthy and keeping a figure even if they do get a little larger with age, all my friends understand that and from a younger guys point of view well she might have gained weight in certain areas and still looks good

it's just hard to approach them

most younger guys have this to offer "hey i go to university, you want to come to a kegger? then the bars after (the police shut it down)"

and in many ways an older woman is going to be more interesting too, she has more to talk about than MTV

and i mean just cause she is 42 and you are 22 as a guy if she is attractive to you well you are guy lol so...if she looks good, simply she looks good

and an older woman has different things to offer

you older women need to get out more though

my younger male friends do NOT give a damn if you are married to someone who's not a friends dad, so i can't expect other men my age to be too much different, not speaking for all of them, just my friends feel that if an older married woman was attracted to us, and showed interest and we were attracted to her...as a young male you aren't really going to think about being a home wrecker so...it just is a question and that question is this

"this attractive woman wants to have some nice conversation with me, do i converse?"

well if you like talking to attractive women you do converse

it's just starting a conversation and approaching older women, it's not always a good situation for "great success"

also if you find out she has kids, but she looks good, it's not really a big deal (unless you end up meeting her kids and they are brats or spaz's or something)

[edit on 6-2-2008 by OSSkyWatcher]

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 03:02 AM
link   
I'm 21 and absolutely stupid over older woman. There's something about a beautiful, well kept middle aged woman. Especially when they carry themselves with a grip of confidence.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 03:37 AM
link   
I have always been attracted to older women since... well, I've been attracted to women. They just look more... aestetically pleasing to me. When I was in my 20s, I dated a woman who was 40. When I was in my 30s... well, I guess it was 40s again. So yes, I do believe that some males do find older women attractive.

Oh, and I refuse to flirt with TheDuckster until after our debate.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Sorry but I am going to hook up with younger girls for as long as I can pull them.A girl that is 20 and in good shape looks better than a girl that is 50 and in good shape,period.I will settle for an older woman when I can't get younger women,you can say what you want about conversational abilities and wisdom, but if I am looking for that I will join a discussion group, or maybe a philosophical group.Besides, I don't ever want wretched children, so hooking up with girls before they care about having children is optimal...and as for women who have children already, no thanks.I am not taking care of another man's responsibility for him,and before you jump me and say that dating a woman with a kid does not mean that you have to financially support the kid, kids are a huge drain on the resource of time,so if you are putting your time in with a kid that isn't yours you are still paying, just in a different way.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by masonica_esoterica
so if you are putting your time in with a kid that isn't yours you are still paying, just in a different way.

^^^^^^^^the truth has just been spoken.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by TheDuckster

I can't respond for other guys, but me personally, I love women who have a few years on me.
There's just this intense allure for me.
I'd love to find a nice older woman to chill with.
Older women are more established, both emotionally and spiritually (generally speaking), and don't carry around the need for drama that younger girls have.
Besides, older women can appreciate the intensity a younger guy brings to the relationship.
That's my take on it at least.

And, oh yeah ladies, I'm single.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 03:24 AM
link   
I messed around on a dating site for a few months and in the entire time I was there, not one woman contacted me that was younger than me. EVERY woman that contacted me was older than me by at least five years... some by nearly twenty years. I think that speaks volumes.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Bachelor

Uh...which dating site was this now?
Because...er...uh...I have a uh...friend...who might be interested in it.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by wu kung

Times have changed, most women these days don't like an older man; They'll usually always go for someone five or ten years younger than they are. That's the point I was trying to make by my other post.

Pick any free dating site out there and sign up, see for yourself if what I'm saying isn't true.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bachelor
reply to post by wu kung

Times have changed, most women these days don't like an older man; They'll usually always go for someone five or ten years younger than they are. That's the point I was trying to make by my other post.

Pick any free dating site out there and sign up, see for yourself if what I'm saying isn't true.

I almost always date girls younger than I am, and noone has complained about my age, and I certainly have no problem picking up girls.Its honestly all about charisma and listening when they talk.If you can remember stories and names and are attentive in conversation it goes a long long way.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Ive been with my partner now for 5 months, she's 10yrs my senior ( 24, 34 )

We spend every waking minute together, and just bounce off each other like never before, its incredible.

What makes it more incredible, is she's iranian, so along comes with it a large swath of family values which, in the begining were difficult to break through with her family.

Id consider myself fairly mature in mind, ive dated women before, 3 relationships lasted for more than 2 yrs each... she's the most beautiful, caring and kind women in haert, and the most fun and jovial at mind, dare I say she' feels as young as I, and looks it to.

So yes, I believe younger men can, and DO love older women. there jsut has to be the right connection and aspects about them both to see it beyond the age difference.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jovi1
Personally I prefer women older than myself for several different reasons. The first being a maturity level, for the most part they tend to be less inclined to play BS mind games. Second they are by far better in the sack I know it sounds piggish but it is true it is so much better than playing simon says. Third they have no need for my money as they have their own.

That was well said Jovi. That's the same here. As I have mentioned in a previous forum I was in love with an older woman once, well I was and she wasn't.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 04:37 AM
link   
It depends what you mean by older I think. When I was 20 I had short relationship with a girl who was 28. Older? Yes. Shocking? Not really. This just happened this way. We knew each other from mutual friends, found areselves attracted to each other, tried a relationship and found out that we where best off just beeing friends.

Although this relationship was not that different from others I had, I still took some pride of having a girlfriend who was older then me. It just gives you a sense of maturity, like: 'hey, i'm only 20 but I'm as interesting as someone that's 10 years older'.

Of course, when you are a little bit older that kind of feelings do not matter to much any more. When you are 20, 8 years seem a lot more then when you are 26, for instance.

My wife, by the way, is 8 months older then me. Does that also count?

[edit on 12-2-2008 by cappuccino]

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeadFlagBlues
I'm 21 and absolutely stupid over older woman. There's something about a beautiful, well kept middle aged woman. Especially when they carry themselves with a grip of confidence.

I agree!

Are we allowed one line posts in below top secret?

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   

I am 32 (almost) 33 and have had many boyfriends which I thought that I was in love or loved them every single time... UNTIL, I met my now husband also a member (I'm a Marty). He is 28, (29 this year).

We have been together for 7 years now and married for 4. Sure we have had our ups and downs throughout this time, but there is one definate thing I do know and that is our love... By growing together as one and sharing our most intimate soul feelings it has united us.

We have a beautiful daughter (4years old). Our family is my life, and I feel my life truly began the first day that we met... The first thing that attracted me to him was his Maturity, then I was blown away when he told me how old he was... But it only got better.

(If you ever read this post "hubby" I love you.)

[edit on 10/02/2008 by Paulene-abeth]

[edit on 10/02/2008 by Paulene-abeth]

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   

I've always loved dating older women for quite a few reasons
1. They can communicate better then younger women.
2. They can express their feeling.
3. They can discuss what they want and need with regard to intimacy.

Not all but many younger women don't seem to be able to do these things.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 12:28 AM
link   
The second best relationship I had was with an older woman, I was 19 and she was 35, we both knew that things would go nowhere, but I learned from her 90% of what I know from women.

Now I`m almost 30, if you ask me would I date a girl 15 years older than me, I`d probably say no. It`s all about phases.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Well Well Duckey!! What would life be if i didn't respond to a friends thread hehehe

Older woman certainly are a young man's fantasy. I don't care what guys say LOL it will always be that way. I mean, i had 2 (LADY) teachers at school i would growl at (to my self obviously) when they walked by.

When i was 26 i had something on with a 45y/o woman i worked with. I have to admit, i thought i was a lion LOL - did i have a rude awakening!! I learned more than i thought was humanly possible.

Yeah, older woman are hot!! as long as they are younger than 372(well many are
)

I don't think any guy has lived till he has "loved" an older woman whoooo hoooo

GO OLDER WOMAN!!!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join