It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Younger Men REALLY Love Older Women?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   
We women have been called COUGARS from time to time.

I'm not exactly in the line of 'looking', mind you, but I've been somewhat curious, as to what Facinates younger men, when they are INTRIGUEd by an older woman?

It has often been said that opposites attract, which is why men and women get together. Traditionally tough it has been the older man with a younger woman, usually not more than a few years between them. But why shouldn't a man have a relationship with an older woman or indeed a woman have a relationship with a younger man. In societies nowadays, barriers are being broken down everywhere so why are cougar relationships still seen as unusual?

One of the many sources online

Perhaps you MEN can give us an incite?

~Ducky~

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Yeah, I'd like to know from the younger guys what is their take on us older gems. I have a cousin who is still living with her junior of ten years (hahaha) and so far there is no marriage proposal from the young chap. It's truly sad to see her, well, getting on with her age.
:w:

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I was young once and had a geniune preference for mature women or at least ladies mature enough to have that something-something that younger ladies didn't offer at the time; mystery and sophistication. The more exotic, the better.

I loved the sly "knowing" look that a lady my senior could communicate. You know the one.

Not precisely Oedipal or anything but I did look for character qualities somewhat similar to my mother and sisters but sexy. Teachers were a favorite for years... still are. Times change though. My life partner is more than a "little younger" than I and it doesn't seem to matter anymore.

Do I still find older women attractive? Just one.

Vic

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Ducky, It would certainly be nice to think so, but i also wonder if it's a case of what kind of realationship is being sought after.
I would want to be a lover, not a mother, if you know what i mean !!

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Personally I prefer women older than myself for several different reasons. The first being a maturity level, for the most part they tend to be less inclined to play BS mind games. Second they are by far better in the sack I know it sounds piggish but it is true it is so much better than playing simon says. Third they have no need for my money as they have their own.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 01:19 AM
link   

If that dosen't answer answer your question... I'll add what gut out there hasn't wanted to get it on with at least one of his mates mum's. IMO older women tend to have much less inhibitions which makes things a lot more interesting and they're a lot less emotionally needy.

Or for a more up to date version

"OH Stiffler's mum!!"

MonKey

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ChiKeyMonKey

Ooooooooohhh Chikey!!!

You Posted a GOODIE!!!

I LOVE the vid hon!!! Must be the Cougar in me....

~Ducky~

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ChiKeyMonKey

Oh now, this video better be rated 'G' because some of us older folks are more sensitive and don't think visual aide is, well, necessary. I'm not touching that one! NO!

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I'm not going to go after an out of shape 50 year old some odd woman who's sitting at the bar alone and chain smoking. Or the overweight soccer mom eatting her sorrows away at Ben & Jerry's.

However, there is a significant amount of sexiness that the confidence of a woman who's been through all the BS of her 20s and 30s has. It's hard to explain.

I've never bought into the cougar garbage. Women in their 30s and 40s today have the ability to look significantly better than they did as little as 20 years ago.

Add to that a better general acceptance of sexually aggressive woman in today's social climate and you've got a win win for everyone.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by The Big O

OH OH! I know I'm gonna get shot for this ..but..

There's a lot to be said going for a 'glamorous gran'.. both in experience and worldly wise education..

AND you don't run the risk of picking up a hot young chick who's only gonna turn out to look like her mother.. or even worse.. her dad.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I stick with the young hot chicks while i can still get them... when i get older the younger ones will be harder to get, so ill take advantage of it now.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by AGENT_T

There's a lot to be said going for a 'glamorous gran'.. both in experience and worldly wise education..

I'm sure there is...for some people. But they're not doing anything for me.

I'll tell you what though...I'm not a John McCain guy but I'll be darned if his wife doesn't look like she was a major piece or arse back in the day. Woot!

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by hikix
... when i get older the younger ones will be harder to get, .

Don't be too pessimistic

Getting them is fine.. it's getting rid of them that's the problem lol

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   
As an older woman who is occasionally dating a younger guy (20 yrs. younger), I have to say that younger guys can be like cookies in the break room. You don't really need one, not really hungry for one, they don't offer any substance to your diet but they can be a nice little treat once in a while.

"My" guy is full of energy and charisma which can be a nice break from my little rut but all he wants to talk about is his really fast, really expensive sports car. I am sooo not into cars. I turn down a lot of opportunities to go out with him because he has nothing interesting planned but if he wants to go skydiving or parasailing, I always jump at the chance. Guys my age usually just want to go to dinner and/or a movie.

I'm not sleeping with him so it's not the "stud factor" that keeps the relationship going. Younger guys seem to want to impress you (I've heard this from younger women, too) with how studly they are. BOOOORRRIINNGG!

When my 18 year old daughter brought her boyfriend home to meet the family, he said, "Wow, you're a MILF." My daughter promptly smacked him in the arm. I didn't know what a MILF was (at the time) so I didn't know whether to slap him or thank him. Since my daughter had already smacked him, I thanked him figuring that whatever he said to me got him the response he deserved. Now that I know what MILF means, I still don't know whether to slap him or thank him. LOL.

I can't say what attracts younger guys to me. Maybe my immaturity? LOL. It's somewhat flattering but one can not fill up on cookies in the break room.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I'm just attracted to women in general regardless of age but for quality time nothing takes the place of experience, sophistication and just plain common sense that only time can create.

I am finding that it works both ways....
I am a mature man and am experiencing being hit on by women old/young enough to be my granddaughter. Truthfully this makes me very uncomfortable albeit flattering to think this old cowboy might still be attractive to women that at one time, I would have been to shy to even approach.

[edit on 26-1-2008 by whaaa]

[edit on 26-1-2008 by whaaa]

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
older women are less likely to play games and are less likely to have self esteem issues. and they also like to um.......get down just as much as us younger guys.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Hmm, don't know. Probably has to do with the fact that they have their own job, they don't play around like younger women, and they know what they want in the sack.

Freud theorized that the reason a young man's first love is often an older woman is because she represents the mother figure. Oedipus complex.

But then again, Freud was a sick freak.

edit: to make post more succinct.

[edit on 26-1-2008 by thehumbleone]

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by pikypiky

Don't worry, the video is perfectly safe and a great song.

I think it may be our attitude that some younger men find refreshing. Most older women dating younger men aren't looking at them as a long-term thing, just companionship and naughtiness, so we don't much care what they do when they aren't with us. We're too busy with our own life to call them every day and want to hang out with their friends.

And yeah, there's the whole 'experience' thing. We know things they've never even thought of.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I'm 22 and I dated a 37/38 year old. What I find intruiging is that there is so much more to offer. Older women are more mature and have found their person. Unfortunately we didn't work out, not all things do, but I'd have to say that older women are attractive because of their sex drive 1, their usually more mature attitudes and intellects 2, and their fascination with things other than beauty salons and pinky finger nails 3(though that can't be said for all of them just like any other age group).

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
LOL LOL LOL Duzey,

I couldn,t help myself. A monent of weakness. I took a peek at your profile. You're.....you're ..so Mature!!!! The older woman...!!! (batts eyes at Duzey)

(continues to batt eyes)

Orangetom

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join