It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

History and Sci Fi channels to debut dueling 'UFO Hunters'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   

The History Channel and Sci Fi Channel are apparently taking the reality show concept wars to a new level.

In what appears to be an unprecedented scenario, both networks are currently planning to premiere two different reality programs with the same name and the same subject matter on the same night in the same time period.

The History Channel's UFO Hunters will follow a team from UFO Magazine as they investigate UFO cases around the world; while Sci Fi Channel's UFO Hunters will follow a team from the New York Strange Phenomena Investigators organization as they travel around the world investigating their own set of UFO cases. Both shows are currently scheduled to premiere Wednesday, February 6 at 10PM ET/PT.

History and Sci Fi channels to debut dueling 'UFO Hunters'

Cheers,
Frank

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Question is which channel will be the most truthful and unbiased?Hmmmm....

Btw,thanks for the info on the air times.I wondered when these shows started.Thanks

[edit on 25-1-2008 by crowpruitt]

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by crowpruitt

That's quite an easy question to answer.

The Sci-Fi channel is known for spetualizing (making more of a deal then it should) out of anything scientific, "SCIENCE FICTION" Sci Fi.

Meanwhile the History channel has a better known and well respected standing.

I'd trust and watch a History Channel video before watching a Sci-Fi channel show any day of the week.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by crowpruitt
Question is which channel will be the most truthful and unbiased?Hmmmm....

Btw,thanks for the info on the air times.I wondered when these shows started.Thanks

[edit on 25-1-2008 by crowpruitt]

Your welcome; important to note that both shows are "for entertainment" and produced by "independent film-makers." Moreover, in the past both networks have offered up "flapdoodle in regards to Ufology, as well some better quality product; Producer Duane Tudahl produced some good shows under "UFO Files" for THC.

Finally, Ufology is all about a transient phenomenon, and the research is often times tedious and boring; you can bet that won't be shown.

I would imagine both shows will be very similar to the popular "Ghost Hunters" which again is fine for entertainment. I don't expect much . . .

Cheers,
Frank

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Wow, the fact that there are 2 is news to me!

Thanks for sharing this craziness. No way can they both go on that way though, someone has to give in and change their name.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I'm think that the History Channel will have more to offer as far as the investigations (more resources at their disposal I'm sure), but I have to admit that I will watch them both.

It will be interesting to see if they recreate/investigate the current Texas sightings.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I know what channel I will be watching the show on, and that will be the History channel because I don't get Sci Fi.

But it sounds like a cool concept, I hope it works out for them.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I suggest people go to the Sci-Fi site and check out the video clip: "John's story" under the UFO Hunters section. Sounds quite similar to the giant UFO reported in Texas.

From the clips I saw on the Sci-Fi site the investigators look competent, the best part of the show may be that, like Ghost Hunters, it shows everyday intelligent people talking about extraordinary events; dispelling the hick/drunk/nut stereotype that the media and debunkers like to use.

The thing I worry about is that the show will be too much like Ghost Hunters; quick, shallow investigations, and anomalies ("What was that, did you see that?") being all we get--with little follow up. I actually like Ghost Hunters but sometimes the same approach they take every show wears thin, plus their investigation only lasts one night (huh?). If the Sci-Fi UFO Hunters series follows the same investigation pattern, then I'll probably tune in more to the History channel's version.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Now it makes sense. I had read about a UFO Hunters TV show coming out, to be a spin-off from the success of Ghost Hunters... but then I saw it on the History Channel so I was confused. I don't know if History's UFO Hunters has premiered yet but I have seen the advertisements several times, and it doesn't look all that interesting to me.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I will be checking them both out.

Going to have to clear out my DVR space to start recording all this stuff. lol.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
That explains something for me too... We were contacted by the producer of one of these shows (I'll have to go see which one) asking for contact information for me.

Then the next day I get a "spammish" email advertising the premier of the show from a different person which led me think the first one was nothing more than a ploy at getting my direct email address in the hope I would put something up on ATS to help them promote it for free.

After seeing this thread I realize I got the first email (which indicated they may want to talk to me for an upcoming show) from one of the networks and the "advertisement" email from the other.

If that isn't confusing enough, I will be flying up to New York City tomorrow to do an on camera interview about the O'Hare sighting on Monday for a new series The Discovery Channel is putting out in the Spring.

Well I hope they both do well, the more people that see "real people" discussing this phenom rationally the better IMHO. FWIW I told the producer who asked for my contact info we are willing to help them any way we can.

Springer...

[edit on 1-26-2008 by Springer]

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
So do you at least know now which version it was that contacted you?

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 05:27 AM
link   
UFO HUNTERS WEDNESDAY AT 9PM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I hope they review present evidence...Like the NASA footage clip they had was interesting and caught my attention. Hopefully it won't all revolve around Roswell. This is interesting stuff....I'm definitely checking this out.

www.history.com...

I didn't know Scifi has their own UFO HUNTERS SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

to be fair: www.scifi.com...

=D

[edit on 27-1-2008 by laiguana]

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I just watched History Channel's UFO Hunters. Man oh man IT WAS A JOKE. Soooo bad! It represented everything everyone has come to associate with UFO stories... cheezy graphics, lame hosts, flashy editing to make it "feel hip", totally circumstantial evidence. The first half of the episode was about Alien debris (literally alien poo-poo) dropping on an unsuspecting ship (a boat) that killed a dog that was onboard some 40 years ago. I couldn't make something like that up! Why is this worthy?!??!?! What a shame, I was looking forward to this series too. I taped Sci-Fi's version and just watched that too. Not much better. Brother. Why do these networks churn out the same gimmicky stuff when they SHOULD know that the very audience they're attempting to appeal to will be turned off. I don't think they think much of us when they do this. They should take a cue from TRUE documentaries like OUT OF THE BLUE and CAPTURING THE LIGHT to give credence to this phenomenon. My grade, F, for History Channel's UFO Hunters and a C- for Sci-Fi's.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Im sorry for the mix up on this thread as a lot of them were created in a short time frame and several active threads continued when only one should be available.

This thread came first:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread Closed
Mod Note: Repeat Topics – Please Review This Link.

new topics

top topics

join