It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

all of you, i have a question for you

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   
if there was any event in the US, WHY in you mind would you run from it?
why would you selfishly leave your society (yes, ignorant but they're human) just for extended security, just as portrayed in v for vendetta "if we ran, we would just let them win". if you hated them so much you wouldn't cowardly run away.

don't let them

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by PlagueMusic

My leaders may abandon me, but I will never abandon my country.

(One line says it all.)

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
People like to imagine all kinds of boogie men dressed up in the costume of change. They look back at the Nazis and 1950s Twilight Zone dystopias, the "1984" they were forced to read in literature class, and say that's what the NWO will be, even though they don't have any proof of it.

You know what the "NWO" really is? It's fear of the future. Fear of the unknown that lingers down the road, around the next corner.

They feel confused and overwhelmed by advancing technology and worry that it's taking as much from them as it is giving.

And the loss of "control" they worry about is the recognition that they're getting old, and the boundless horizons they felt they had as young people are slowly diminished by the obligations they have to their families and society, and the limitations that creep up with age and inevitable death.

That's what the NWO is. Fear of mortality and helplessness in the face of unstoppable time.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

I am on the "elder" side of life, and I feel no such creeping horror born of a graveyard fear. But I have seen enough of the "national path" to fear where it may lead for my offspring.

It is not fear of change in and of itself that compels me, and others, to seek new roads. It is the wisdom of history learned that goads us to speak in our hoary years. What else is age good for if not to use the wisdom acquired at great expense?

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I don't fear change. I enjoy change. It's exciting. I am aging. I don't fear death. In fact, when it comes to me I will embrace it for it will be change and will be exciting. But I believe in NWO and it doesn't look good. But exciting, yes, and interesting.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 01:22 AM
link   
so if worst comes to worst, you'd let people die because it is intresting?

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 01:40 AM
link   
From my experience, in any sort of crisis, people fall into three (3) basic groups/types:

1) Doers: People that are self-sufficient and able and capable of being an asset.
2) Followers: Those that follow either group 1 or 3, depending upon circumstances.
3) Whiners: Those that sit and cry for everyone else to help them – while simultaneously doing nothing to help the situation.

So, I wouldn’t abandon everyone, but I would abandon some (group 3) – human or not.

Just imagine yourself trapped in a lifeboat with two other people: Assume you are a type “1” person and man the oars every day. The other person is a group “2” person, they will row but only if you tell to do so. The last is a “3” type: they moan and complain and get hysterical constantly and never pick up an oar no matter what and yet still demand a full share of rations every day. How long are YOU going to row to save THEM?

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by passenger

till the food runs out and I need some shark bait. How long would you live with yourself if in the next 1 hour you were rescued???

At least I didn't do it just to stp the whinning

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by puzzled2
reply to post by passenger

till the food runs out and I need some shark bait. How long would you live with yourself if in the next 1 hour you were rescued???

At least I didn't do it just to stop the whining

Well, it's not the "whining" per se. It's the fact that they make you strive to save them, without contributing to their own survival. Please don't pretend that you don't know people such as this, whether friend, family or co-workers or neighbors. There is a certain ilk that is only a detriment to survival and in such situations they must be…let go.
Could I live with it? Certainly. If you want to continue to row for them – feel free to do so. Just don’t castigate the rest of us that would toss them into the sea.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by PlagueMusic

What exactly are you anticipating?

(I am not American, bear with me. : ))

new topics

top topics

join