With regards to the 'Argos' thread I felt I needed to point out some often overlooked equipment.
1) CURTAINS. MUST be closed at all times.Open curtains(sunshine) ruin the pale/unhealthy look musicians take years to achive
2) WALLPAPER. MUST be PINK!!!... ??? Stimulates the creative juices..Yeah right.. gives you a blummin migraine more like.(NOT my choice)
3) RADIO CONTROL SPITFIRE.. A 32 channel mixing desk makes an ideal landing strip.
4) DR. ROBERT BECK ZAPPER. Sometimes the only way to keep up with the constant demand for new material is to stick electrodes in unusual places.
5) COMPUTER.. Your studio hub and a constant source of distraction via ATS and a host of *cough* 'artistic' websites.
6) A pile of DVD's for when you lose the will to live,churning out the same cr*p day after day.. (must include 'Fawlty Towers')
7) MASTER KEYBOARD. This is the most crucial piece of equipment in the studio. It MUST be large and flat enough to stand 1 bottle of vodka AND AT
LEAST 3 plates of dip for your doritos
8) KEYBOARD STAND.. This is the ONLY acceptable place you can non-chalantly display your airport security clearance stickers without looking like a
9) CABLES. Don't worry about deliberately tangling them.. They seem to manage quite well by tying themselves into an exotic range of 'as yet
undiscovered' fishing knots.
10) SWIVEL CHAIR.. Piano stools are just SO passe.
11) HEADPHONES.. ESSENTIAL for when you get asked to do housework/feed the kids/walk the dog etc.
12) A TUNED GUITAR. This is a real timesaver..It sure beats having to remove 'guest guitarist/client's' horrendously setup guitar from his
colon,(after having placed it there violently only minutes beforehand for wasting your time.)
13 SPARE 'HARDWIRED' MOUSE.. Again an essential timesaver to prevent hours spent looking for where the hell you left your wireless one.
Hope this basic guide helps anyone looking to head off into the glamorous world of music production.:w:
:bnghd: :bash: :w: