It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gagged! Network censors eating 'Muhammad' cookie

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Gagged! Network censors eating 'Muhammad' cookie

www.worldnetdaily.com

A national television network has decided to censor an episode of a new political show featuring self-described Christian "infidels" eating a cookie emblazoned with an image of the Muslim prophet Muhammad...."With all respect to Faith TV, I think this decision reflects a fundamental problem in the way Christians address pagan religions. The questions Christians should ask themselves are: 'Is what Molotov and the "Flamethrower" panelists are saying true?' If so, should we stifle it? And secondly, and I believe most American Christians need to think about this one is: 'Does Jesus hate Islam?'"
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I do not understand whether this is a good thing or a bad thing. On one hand, the Christian network is adhering to their policy of not defaming other religions, on the other hand, they are still supporting the guy who hosts the show they are censoring. It doesn't make sense. Are they just trying to avoid another cartoon incident or what?
The article also does poise a great question..."Does Jesus hate Islam?"

www.worldnetdaily.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
What's the big deal about a mohammad cookie anyway? Muslims need to relax.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ThePiemaker

I agree, but I think the bigger story is that the FAITH TV network appears to be going against their own principles. They "understand" his right under the first amendment, yet they censor the episode anyway. How can you have both? I think the network really agrees with the guy, they just don't have the stones to admit it. They are running from possible backlash they will receive from other religions and from non-religious groups. Being an election year, the last thing the "religious right" wants or needs is bad publicity.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
i agree we eat santa and jesus cookies and cross cookies when i was akid in church whats the big deal.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by NWOmaskedman

Great point!!!Star for ya. What about all of the chocolate crosses at Easter? Can't forget those. It seems that anything people do anymore that opposes a religious view is deemed blasphemous and they should be censored.

[edit on 1/25/2008 by palehorse23]

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePiemaker
What's the big deal about a mohammad cookie anyway? Muslims need to relax.

Well not really muslims in general, there are over 1 Billions muslims and they are all are calm and relaxed, you meant those crazy muslim extremists, the only ones that make the news.

[edit on 25-1-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I say lets keep the constitutional rights of Americans alone leave political correctness to the morons, we have freedom of religion, that means we can either worship or make fun of whomever we wish to make fun off be religious or none religious.

If I want to eat Jesus, Satan, Muhammad, God, Allah, Buddha or else cookies I will eat them and that is my constitutional right.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pass the freedom of religion cookies please.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

That is great marg. I couldn't have said it better myself....OOOppps, I have crumbs on my shirt. LOL

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by NWOmaskedman

Do you do that with the express purpose of mocking Christianity, as this show's host was doing with his muhammed cookies? I kind of doubt it. I think, rather than "Muslims needing to chill out" perhaps Christians need to stop being absolute cocks.

new topics

top topics

join