It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dying in Your Dreams

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Based on reality, it's a possibility that it would hurt for a few minutes or seconds when something strikes you for death, and then when you die and you actually fade into the darkness and you won't even know it / know that you're dead.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Yeha well i've killed myself in a few dreams before, rather than say being eaten alive by an alien outta the movie Aliens. I've also suicided in a dream before by jumping off a building, blew myself up once, been killed numerous times in game like dreams and hten just respawn, I've been buried alive by some monster when i was younger and "suffocated" in my dream, shot myself in the head once, had a massive car accident & died in it in my dream. I've always either woken up, respawned in my dream, or saw my body and was walking arund it or going off to visit some mates after i died, etc....

But i'm still alive ;-P

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by leira7

I do think at times, I have entered another world/realm. I remember all of my dreams (some better than others) and have never recalled not dreaming in my life. I know how it feels to follow along with the story line of a dream and mindlessly wonder around, I also know how to take control and start dreaming lucidly, but there is another type of dream that I have rarely encountered that is different. Perhaps this is what the aboriginals experienced when they entered trances.

What your experiencing is your contact with your subconcious, or higher self. This is the aspect of your mind that is connected to higher sources, whether you wish to call it "god", "the source", "the one", "buddha", "allah", etc.... its all the same thing... its a very large uncomprehensible lump of energy and essence. Once you become in contact with this, you become in contact with a literal wealth of knowledge. Perhaps you have fallen asleep with a question on your mind, and you have woken up with the answers. Even my father experiences this on a daily basis, as do thousands of other people. Studies have shown, that people that do not reach that state of "rem sleep" go nuts. The longer the period between that subconcious connection, the more depressed you become. That is why meditation is a common practice, to assist in controlling mind body and soul. There are even glasses out now that to me are amazing, we bought a pair, $600, basically they are the lazy mans meditation. It uses sound and colour therapy through the glasses and headphones to allow you an artificial connection to your subconcious mind. Iv only used the device once, but im looking forward to seeing what impact this has on sleep patterns on my clients. Im expecting positive results

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Shortly after becoming a Christian, by way of a ' supernatural ' experience witnessed byu others ( long story ) I had a very vivid dream...although it was not at all like a dream, extremely real and crystal and very shaking to the mind..I was prepared to die and thought I was going to.

In the' vision ' I and my new bride ( I had been married less than a year ) were sitting at a counter of a restaurant, like an old fashioned ice cream shop, where there are round stools that spin. We were sitting there having a shake or whatever when I looked up and a huge black man ( I am white ) perhaps 15 feet tall and four feet across at the chest, and he was looking at me in a very menacing way.

I got up and stood in awe at his size: There was NO question that he could have grabbed me and disposed of me with little effort physically. It would be like me at 6 feet tall and 210 grabbing a five year old. I looked around and the only weapon within reach was a regular metal knife that comes with restaurant silerware...not even a steak knife.

I picked it up and turned to him and got between him and my wife and stood there. I said to him " , in desperation and fear: " Hey, I don't even know you !". He glared at me and said "Well, I know you " in a very serious voice and then he took one step toward me. When he did that I lost the fear, at least the majority of it, and I brandished the knife ( as ridiculous as that would have looked ) and said " OK, c'mon , let's go " and took a fighting stance. I knew in the back of my mind I had no chance but at least I could go primal on the thing and give him the best shot I had.

When I did that, took a stand and challenged him back, the vision ended, and I woke up sweating and totally convinced it was real. No dream.

I do not believe that even if I had ' died ' in the dream I would have physically died: That can only happen if a heart attck is triggered by a very lucid dream that excites the heart beyond its bounds. Still interesting subject overall.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I have never died in my dreams. I do have recurring dream that has me going off a cliff/ highway/ track in a car, motorcycle or roller coaster. I seem to hang in the air forever with the ground many of thousands feet below me. Eventually I start plummetting downwards and right before the point of contact something miraculous happens which saves my life. Kind of like Mr.Magoo.

You would think these dreams would be telling me to take chances as they will work out in the end. I can honestly say that so far in life, everytime i take a big chance, I get crushed. So there must be another deeper meaning.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I'v died a number of times (somewhere in the 20-30 range) in my dreams - driving off cliffs, drowning, being shot, falling from high places, and most notably dying in a war on an alien planet after being struck by some sort of plasma bomb that literally melted myself and a number of fellow soldiers. Originally when I would have these dreams I would wake up before I actually died, but over the past few years I have actually died in these dreams. Prior to death there is excruciating pain so realistic that it's as if the situation is truly occurring, but at the exact moment of death I actually feel myself melt out my body and float around in a sea of benevolence. There is no pain after the death, in fact nothing feels uncomfortable at all. It is actually the most serene feeling I have ever encountered. Not only is there no pain but it is completely black and there is utter absence of any sound whatsoever, not even the sound of a heartbeat or blood rushing through my head. The last such dream I had involved being a terrible car wreck that I could do nothing about; I was terrified for an instant, knowing that I was not going to make it, but before impact actually occured I foundd that mentally I was prepared for it and I accepted death as the consequence, actually bowing my head in silent acceptance or a sort of prayer although I do not consider myself religious as much as I am spiritual.
It's pretty amazing and like others have posted on here it has certainly made me lose all fear of death. Death for me now is more of a thing I'm curious to experience and sort of looking forward to, not to say I'm looking FOR it but looking forward to it. I too have an interesting method of going lucid in my dreams that may seem a little crazy - whenever I sense that something is definitely amiss and deviating from reality I just jump off of something that is high enough to hurt me but not high enough to kill me and see what happens. Sometimes I will hit the ground and bounce painlessly, and other times I will simply start to fly instead. One time I flew off my porch and directly into the heavens at an incredible rate of speed and continued on through space for some time, passing distant planets and star systems before I eventually slid into a different dream sequence in which I wass no longer lucid. This technique does make me a little leery of using hallucinagens or depriving myself of sleep for too long though...

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally Posted by Grizzly Bear

whenever I sense that something is definitely amiss and deviating from reality I just jump off of something that is high enough to hurt me but not high enough to kill me and see what happens. Sometimes I will hit the ground and bounce painlessly, and other times I will simply start to fly instead. One time I flew off my porch and directly into the heavens at an incredible rate of speed and continued on through space for some time, passing distant planets and star systems before I eventually slid into a different dream sequence in which I wass no longer lucid. This technique does make me a little leery of using hallucinagens or depriving myself of sleep for too long though...

From what you describe, it sounds like something called "astral travelling", which is basically an out of body experience. Many of my clients experience just what you have described, its unfortunatley quite common. This is a dangerous state, its much like a seal. When the seal is in the ocean its very agile, but once its on the land, its easy prey. The same works for us in many ways; when we are in this state of reality, we are agile, for it is a materialistic base. When we travel to other dimensions of reality, we are now vulnerable, we may not even be aware of it, but it requires HUGE quantities of bodyily energy to maintain an existence in those realms. Your body only contains a very small amount of energy, when you enter these realms other entities will purposely seek you out. They will see you as a flailing individual in calm waters. Once they have drained you of most if not all of your energy, and you're fortunate enough to reenter your body, you will wake up feeling emotionally drained, it may not be obvious because it is happening at a gradual rate. Personally i have not experienced it myself, i cant even imagine what its like to astral travel. You should learn to control your energy and your essence, because if you dont, you will experience things far worse than death. I cannot be totally certain this is what you are experiencing without actually seeing your face, but my experience in the matter suggests that this is the case. Just be careful.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I recently dreamt I was strubling around a war torn city looking for someone. When i found this person something landed on me creating a huge crater in the ground. I wad dead and i could see my body.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
From what you describe, it sounds like something called "astral travelling", which is basically an out of body experience. Many of my clients experience just what you have described, its unfortunatley quite common. This is a dangerous state, its much like a seal. When the seal is in the ocean its very agile, but once its on the land, its easy prey. The same works for us in many ways; when we are in this state of reality, we are agile, for it is a materialistic base. When we travel to other dimensions of reality, we are now vulnerable, we may not even be aware of it, but it requires HUGE quantities of bodyily energy to maintain an existence in those realms. Your body only contains a very small amount of energy, when you enter these realms other entities will purposely seek you out. They will see you as a flailing individual in calm waters. Once they have drained you of most if not all of your energy, and you're fortunate enough to reenter your body, you will wake up feeling emotionally drained, it may not be obvious because it is happening at a gradual rate. Personally i have not experienced it myself, i cant even imagine what its like to astral travel. You should learn to control your energy and your essence, because if you dont, you will experience things far worse than death. I cannot be totally certain this is what you are experiencing without actually seeing your face, but my experience in the matter suggests that this is the case. Just be careful.

I have actually experienced a lot of OBE's and lucid dreams. For the most part they are extremely exhilirating and create an indescribable joy upon waking up/ returning to my body. However, recently I have been having less than exciting experiences. The last two weeks when I have allowed myself to go OOB, I have not felt kind presences around me. Typically there will be a whirring of air around my ears and I will feel myself lift out of my body before the OBE begins. The past couple of weeks I have not been actively attempting to achieve OOB, but something is trying to force me out. It is a different sensation and not very pleasant; it starts out as a slight pressure on my stomach when sleeping on my back, that escalates to a violent push that is very uncomfortable and forces me to become fully conscious. After this happens I am a little skittish for a few minutes and then I roll on my side and go back to sleep clutching my stomach as a defense measure.
What are your thoughts on this? Is this a malignant entity or someone merely trying to help me? The only other time this has happened prior to the last few weeks was about 8 years ago when I had my first OBE. The same thing happened, only accompanying the violent push on the stomach was hands on my ankles that attempted to rip me off of my bed/out of my body - which I definitely did not perceive as a benevolent action. I would not have wasted posters' times off topic here, but ATS will not allow me to u2u you until i have 20 posts, and as you can see i am a very new member.

[edit on 27-1-2008 by Grizzly Bear]

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Death is the passing of the old.

The beginning of something new.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Hey Grizzly Bear, i feel your pain, i dont frequent these forums often enough to make messages to users. In regards to what your talking about, this is what i was describing. You left your body to the point youve caused a gateway within yourself, its like a cable internet connection. Your constantly connected, so that when a virus breaks out on your computer, your pooched, it just continues to eat away at your system till theres nothing left. Your experiencing the same thing, youve opened up a gateway from your frequent travel, and it stays open. Now when you sleep your energy spikes, and the gateway strengthens. Except you have no control over what comes and goes, and they are most likely coming for you. It may sound frightening, and in your position id be nervous, but it will be ok honest. You will have to begin meditating to gain control over your energy, and i can teach you what you need to know. The meditation i teach though is intense, it revolves around self healing. You will cry, and you will feel like life is pointless many times over, but the meditation must be maintained. The benefits are limitless, but its up to you if youd like to learn to this extent. Instead of "wasting" these posters time, email me wjc_2012@hotmail.com ill help you as much as i can, my name is wally, hmm maybe ill start my own posting page. I have no idea how to do that though *shrugs*

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Don't want to bore by repeating my dreams/nightmares which are similar to other posts.
My point is that sometimes I met a sorry end, but others I was able to run through fences/ walls and jump over buildings.
Then an epiphany occurred when discussing dreams with colleagues I was told that if I tried I could FLY and be more in control.
It doesn't always work but sometimes you can fight your fears and have fun.
Try it, its beautiful.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I dont get "suiciding" in dreams to avoid the monster. If you have control, then pull out a weapon and kill it. Thats what I do- or I fly away. I haven't been terrorized in my dreams in many years, at least by bad guys or monsters. I think the worst dream I have had is "misplacing" my daughter. Nothing is worse than that.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by newage2012

Very interesting indeed. Thanks for the insight, perhaps I should pay more attention to my dreams.

Just the other day I was posting on another thread about how I drempt of a device that produced holograms of rockets by using mercury. I didn't think the combination actually existed in real life but one of the people on the thread proved to me that it did. I was surprised to find out that mercury aided in creating a certain type of hologram. Afterward, I began to wonder why I dreamed about it, because I have no knowledge in that area of science.

The idea of tapping into a pool of knowledge is very strange but exciting all the same.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
EXCUSE ME PEOPLE!!!!
Did everyone else just let what eyewitness86 say slide?
Surely someone else must have a comment about what this person had to say!

Here are some highlights (scroll up to read the full story):

Originally posted by eyewitness86
We were sitting there having a shake or whatever when I looked up and a huge black man ( I am white ) perhaps 15 feet tall and four feet across at the chest, and he was looking at me in a very menacing way...

This angry black man thing, I think you have prescribed to the stereotype given to black people. I believe that you probably don't socialize much with black people.

I got up and stood in awe at his size: There was NO question that he could have grabbed me and disposed of me with little effort physically...

Again, the agression and anger off the black man and the fear on your side...

I knew in the back of my mind I had no chance but at least I could go primal on the thing and give him the best shot I had...

Go primal on the "thing" !?!!!

Calling another human being a thing is wrong, no matter how scared of them you are. Dehumanizing people is what leads to social acceptance of hatred and genocide.
I thought Christians loved everyone?

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I died in dream at least once, I believe there were other times but don't remember, not that it would matter after that dream, it was freaking liberating, it stripped me of pretty much all my fear of dying (though not the fear of excruciating pain before it).

But I don't feel like telling the details now... Its kinda personal :p

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
i died once in a dream where someoone shot me with an automatic weapon, i felt the bullets hit me, i saw the blood, i fell hit the ground dead. i then saw the guy walk over to me and drag me off by my hair, i knew i was dead but couldn't figure out why i was still around lol. anyways i have died in many other dreams but when i die the point of death i'll wake up or move to an alternate view or person's view.

keeper

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 02:21 AM
link   
ive been shot in the face and blown up with a grenade in my chest , scared the crap outa me , all i could remember from the gunshot was this wierd pressure in my head like its "imploding" ? dunno if thats the right term but yah , and all those dreams i have with things blowing up my body always jumps and it wakes me up

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 03:34 AM
link   
I've only died once in a dream. And what followed was quite amasing, I'm still not sure what happened.. All I will say is i'm a natural lucid dreamer and what I felt and saw after my death in the dream, didn't feel like a dream to me.. My friend says I may have had in O.B.E but Having no experience in that, I can't say for sure. When I awoke, I found I was crying, my body was aching especially my chest, which was where my soul burst out after I died in my dream and I had a feeling of complete calm and inner peace, like I'd seen something pure and wonderful.

As a result of this experience, I no longer fear death as much.

Sweet dreams...

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I am of the opinion that dieing in a dream is an interesting thing, to say the least.

If you consider that dreams are a (perhaps not just) physiological process meant to transfer short term memory to long term memory, then the corrolation with dreaming about death, aside from the fact that we encounter the death concept and see it fictionally on TV and movies, then we are dreaming about forgetting.

If we as humans are more inclined to think 'happy thoughts', then the association of death with a 'memory download' process could cause the dreamer to be less inclined to recall those set of memories.

Kind of makes you wonder why death and violence are such a prominent theme in our media...doesn't it?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join