It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious blue haze over Charleston, WV

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by seawolf197

ya thats what i thought too!,im no physicist so i cant really shed light on it apart from wild theories,twas just the coincedence of me reading this story and then that page shortly after,alot of strange coincedences have been happening to me recently!

how does he know theres no radiation?,go ahead i suppose,if it cant happen in the air what have we to worry about?.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

HAHAHA...i'm laughing because i live in the central valley of california and sometimes we too see that "blue haze"

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I live in central WV.....The air in Charleston does smell of chlorine, my brother-in-law works on the barges in Lakin WV. Apparently the cloud has made its way all the way up there also......Does anyone else see a Stephen King novel in this?????

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
hey check this out: visz.rsoe.hu...

it's a disaster map, give live feeds on disasters around the world. Click on the icons on the map for details.

I think this situation is on the map.

cheers...

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by welivefortheson

Click on the link Spidy just posted. It is pretty cool, and the site is supposed to list what they found.

Thanks Spidy.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I might have found out why this came out of the blue.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by folkinguitarist
reply to post by JBA2848

yes, there are several water treatment plants in the effected area.. i am leaning most strongly to john amos power plant with their new CO2 scrubbers..
does anyone know anything about mercury vapor in the air or anything when they fire up new technology like this?

I don't know anything about CO2 scrubbers but became aware of the problem from a friend who was very near john amos who called and told me of the headache he got.

It was on the news but they didnt make it sound serious enough to grab my attention. I had noticed while smoking a cigg outside that it tasted funny and could briefly smell a chemical smell in the air that to me smelled similar to a burning rubber or something of that nature. I've worked around chlorine alot in my life and thats not what I smelled.

I had went outside later and began to notice the back of my throat and my eyes were dry and burning. About that time this friend who was also once a parratroopper called and described the same thing only with the increasing headache and a metalic taste in his mouth. This is as it was traveling west out of the valley and across our mountains we live behind only miles away from the cloud. I being of curios and doubting nature also believing if it would kill me it would anyhow; went back outside to see the east completely cloudy (after dark) and the west which it was going to was clear. I got a powerfully strong smell again that was'nt chlorine but seemed to only be noticable breifly.

Well I had burning eyes and mouth but woke this morning with no noticable effects.

My friend said the best he heard it described was the smell of a freshly opened bag of fertalizer which I cant say I would recognize. He also said he saw an unusual plane that seemed to be struggling ealier that morning after I desrcibed an unusual looking plane with a very smooth and unique sounding engine that flew fast and was over the area then circled and was gone. This was after the clouds report though and I would have assumed that one to be a government plane testing the air but what do I know.

This is all I know about it. Wish it were more and substancial. We may never know but someone deffinately does.

Does mercury cause a metalic taste in the mouth?

Maybe it's to cause more chemical inbalances to create more soldiers from this area lol *joke

Excuse this half illiterate country boy but I've lived here most of my life lol. Can anyone help me to find where to put up an icon? I saw the sigs on my profile but didnt see an area for the icon/avatar?

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Explosive

Great post Explosive. Thank you for the first hand account. Since you are so close to the situation, could you please let us know if you hear anything that is not mainstream? In situations like this it seems there are offical versions, and real one nobody talks about. Please stay in touch.

I'll U2U you how to post your avatar.

Thank you.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
and yes the president was at the greenbriar yesterday with god knows who else.

All I've felt since waking up is a headache but thats not too uncommon for me.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Hey Explosive, you are describing the symptoms I experienced as a 9 yr old in S Chas, did you read my post, amazing the descriptions you gave were exact for Union Carbides explosion in 1963, Headache, eyes burning, throaght dry to if you breathed in you felt like your throaght was burning. I think back and it seemed like the smell of sweet almonds cooking on the fire, but a really strange smell as I remember.

We had to wrap our heads up with towels and evacuate the city for a week until the alarm was that the coast was clear, now if a chemical corp had a problem like we did, they would not come out of the court cases and suits against them and for sure alot of towns folks would be out of work, no one wants that, right, WVa could not handle such a disaster.

So maybe nothing will be posted for this mishap, ET strikes again, coverup.
Good luck to you Explosive and all the other ATSers as well as anyone else in the path of the blue cloud, but remember to examine your metal byproducts like your car in about a week for tell tell signs of small spots imbedded in your paint, look closely, 1 week, ok.
gwhint

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Thanks seawolf. I am having size problems but will try and figure that out.

Yes those are simialrities although the smell I noticed was neither sweet smelling or did it smell like the nasty smell you get driving by carbide. I honestly could'nt identify it and the friend whom brought it to my attention was worried about radiation because of the metalic taste in his palate. For me it was faint and quickly disipated but was more like a chemical fume from a burning plastic. I however was about 20 miles away...or 10 as the crow flys and he drove right into it.

It was'nt very long ago they had an incident at institute that they could'nt keep hidden because of the paint or paint like substance that floated over and landed on peoples vehicles.

I will keep my eyes and ears open and am sure he will keep me updated as he lives on the water and could see it moving toward his home and could smell it once home. I hav'nt talked to him today but they were quite concerned.

[edit on 26-1-2008 by Explosive]

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 02:12 AM
link   
I know Charleston well. This river valley is loaded with industry. There is a Union Carbide Chemical plant on the river banks in Charleston. Here is a cut and paste from Dow's (Union Carbides parent company) website. If we all remember back Union Carbide has a history of leaks and killing people. Smog is just a poor spin on this.

"""The chemical industry has brought stability and economic growth to West Virginia. Residents understand the good quality of life and a sense of pride for residents who live and work in the Mountain State can be attributed to this partnership. Union Carbide Corporation, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Dow Chemical Company, has become a part of the community and has an abiding respect for the hard work, honesty and genuine friendship for which West Virginians are known.

Union Carbide became a subsidiary of Dow through an acquisition on February 6, 2001.

Dow is a diversified chemical company that harnesses the power of innovation, science and technology to constantly improve what is essential to human progress. The Company offers a broad range of products and services to customers in more than 175 countries, helping them to provide everything from fresh water, food and pharmaceuticals to paints, packaging and personal care products. Built on a commitment to its principles of sustainability, Dow has annual sales of $49 billion and employs 43,000 people worldwide. References to “Dow” or the “Company” mean The Dow Chemical Company and its consolidated subsidiaries unless otherwise expressly noted.

West Virginia Operations includes the South Charleston Site, the South Charleston Technology Park and guest operations at a site in Institute that is owned and operated by Bayer CropScience."""

[edit on 27-1-2008 by Neo74]

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Is the President still there at Greenbrier? I am just wondering. You know that is a location where he goes in case of trouble or disaters.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by spidy

Hey Spidy thank you for that. I had it on my old computer and when it crashed I couldn't remember the sight. I searched and searched and couldn't come up with it.
Been looking for it.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ExplosiveMy friend said the best he heard it described was the smell of a freshly opened bag of fertalizer which I cant say I would recognize.

Fertilizer is mostly ammonium nitrate, with a strong ammonia smell when the bag is opened. The catalyst beds in new smoke stack 'scrubbers' use ammonia to react and remove sulphur and other crap. There's no doubt it's the Amos power plant.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I'm not from the US, but I get emails sent to me from ATS, this thread caught my eye, and as I read through it, I felt I had to throw in my 2 cents.

Aside from the obvious chemical pollution in the WV area, the other striking and alarming thing I noticed is how many people are saying they live in the area, and are in all agreement as to the chemical leaks, spills, happens all the time.

Wow! There is some kind of conforming, passive allowance by the people in this area, to allow this stuff to continue, there's this "it's just always been this way" attitude. This is your community, basically under attack. Get out there, and MAKE the companies accountable. As long as the people are passive about the subject, the companies will continue to do what they do. The American government is supposed to be FOR the PEOPLE....make them work for you, walk the streets, picket signs, get your local government on the hot seat....ACCOUNTABILITY. Get this in the news, internationally! There are 3rd party companies, if your raised enough money, that exist in Europe, that will come and do testings of the area themselves. Once you get that report in your hand...then you've got some good ammunition. There was a community in Southern Ontario, Canada that did just that!

I'd just like to see people in their areas, and communities, DO something. Fight, because your rights are being violated for the sake of the almighty dollar.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Man i thought purple haze was good . I just got back from SC and WOW you gotsta try the blue stuff .
Naw j/k This story is weird . Thought i would toss a bit of humor in here .

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   

ET Marking?

This may be an "ET" "Marking." The ET "Mark" things for us to look at and consider.
This area provides weaponry for the nuclear war machine, and is a large part of the nuclear threat to humanity.
Maybe "ET" is saying: "Hey take a look; here are a few nuclear bombs that your nuclear war fightng elite are still trying to use to blow you all away."

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Hasn't anyone considered that blue haze can be a volcanic/earthquake precursor? Perhaps people should be getting prepared instead of wasting time with looking for other reasons?
Please see the following links with extracts below.
(I hope I've done this the right way)

pubs.usgs.gov...

Dougherty, H.E., 1926, Volcano conditions hint '68 quake: Honolulu Advertiser, 04/14, p. 1.

[subheads: Finch sees similarity to those preceding fatal sixty-foot tidal wave; Blue fumes rise from Halemaumau and watch is kept for outburst believed to be imminent; Alika flow crater reported smoking]

Volcano House, Hawaii, April 13.--One hundred and fifty earthquakes, 12 of them noticeable and 6 of them severe, were recorded today on the Kilauea observatory seismograph.

Roy [sic-Ruy] Finch, assistant volcanologist, says present conditions are similar in many respects to those of 1868 when a great earthquake rocked Hawaii and a 60-foot tidal wave wrecked villages on the Kona coast preceding a second outbreak of Mauna Loa.

Kilauea is under constant observance. Blue fume smoke was today ascending from the crater floor. Finch interprets this sign as forecasting early activity at Halemaumau.

The rest of the article mainly talks of the weather, noting that smoke was possibly seen from the Alika cone [source of 1919 eruption on Mauna Loa's southwest rift zone].

______________________________________________________________________________________

www.mvo.ms...

Report for the period 5 p.m. 17 June to 5 p.m. 18 June 1998

Volcanic activity has remained at a low level. The seismic network recorded 2 rockfall signals and 12 volcano-tectonic earthquakes today.
Samples were taken from the spring near the base of Chances Peak today. The water remains non-acidic and is luke warm.
Today, dust levels were low at all instrumented sites. A blue haze of sulphur dioxide was observed over Chances Peak.
Residents are reminded that the volcano remains in a potentially active state and that the loose deposits are readily mobilised by heavy rain. Residents should continue listening to Radio Montserrat in case there are sudden changes.

17:00 18 June 1998
Report for the period 5 p.m. 20 June to 5 p.m. 21 June 1998
The volcano has remained quiet today. 3 volcano-tectonic earthquakes were recorded between 4 o’clock yesterday and 4 o’clock today.
Scientists at Lover’s Lane this morning observed that recent heavy rains have cut a channel 6 meters deep through the pyroclastic flow deposits at the end of the lane. This channel runs someway north of where Fort Ghaut used to be and has damaged the road which used to go into town from the southeast end of Lovers lane.
Dust levels were low at all sites today. A dense blue sulphur dioxide haze was seen over Chances Peak after this afternoons rain.
Residents are reminded that the volcano remains in a potentially active state, and that they should continue listening to Radio Montserrat in case there are sudden changes.
17:00 21 June 1998

Day 24: Monday, July 30 - Angie Roach and John Eichelberger reached the summit caldera of Makushin Volcano…….

There is a strong sulfur smell, accompanied by the unpleasant effects of running eyes and nose and coughing. A blue haze pesists across the caldera, beyond the steam plume. Our pilot reports that it is visible as far as 10 km from the vent. We measured no temperatures above the boiling point, but the most vigorous fumaroles were so energetic that approaching them was out of the question.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Shar

no prob
i think it's a cool site as well, it really keeps me informed

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join