It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious blue haze over Charleston, WV

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I used to live in Charleston, WV. a few years ago, and I never saw anything like that in the few years I was there.

Charleston sits on the Kanawha river and the surrounding valley is rather steep, so it could be some kind of inversion. Also, there are numerous refineries and chemical plants all along the river. Chemical leaks from these plants were not uncommon, however, normally the companies where pretty open about getting the word out about the leak.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Fuzzyone

Furthermore, as a former resident of the Chemical Capitol, Louisiana, most plants release at night, when no one is likely to notice,

[edit on 25/1/08 by kosmicjack]

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Looks like on the radar the concentration of mist is coming from Madison..

Are there any nuclear facilities/mfg plants there?

www.wunderground.com... lat=0&lon=0&label=you&map.x=400&map.y=240&scale=0.622¢erx=366¢ery=199&showlabels=1&rainsnow=0&lightning=0&lerror=20&num_stns_min=2&num_stns_ma x=9999&avg_off=9999

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by kattraxx

could it be chemtrails of some sort? but instead of high in the air, lower? Maybe disbursed by small aircraft or plane?

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by kattraxx

Actually.. i live across the river from the john amos power plant here in wv where this haze is.. and no one with any clout has said anything about what this blue haze might have been or where it probably came from... i know they just completed two new smokestacks with chemical scrubbers that are supposed to be higher efficiency than the old ones.. i just heard someone in an internet post say that they use chlorine to filter out mercury in those new scrubbers. and that there was another AEP power plant that also experienced a 'blue haze' ...you can bet i'm going to be looking into that in the next few minutes..

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I lived in Charleston WV for over 35 years.

Nothing ever liked that. I would be very careful about going outside till they tell you what this is. Thats for sure.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   

it smells like chlorine...

Well it must be from natural causes.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nohup
It's been raining pretty much non-stop here in Los Angeles for going on a week. I noticed a mysterious blue haze overhead earlier today, but it turned out to be the sky.

Being a skeptic means also being a clown?

Why would you ruin every thread with that so called sense of humor of yours and behave like a spoiled kid?

And for the mods and smods, why is this individual being tolerated while is ruing almost all the threads he writes on?

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

JBA2848, maybe you should start a separate thread for the St. Lucie nuclear power plant "accident". What do you think?

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Still no culprit identified?

www.wsaz.com...

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Telos

Originally posted by Nohup
It's been raining pretty much non-stop here in Los Angeles for going on a week. I noticed a mysterious blue haze overhead earlier today, but it turned out to be the sky.

Being a skeptic means also being a clown?

Why would you ruin every thread with that so called sense of humor of yours and behave like a spoiled kid?

And for the mods and smods, why is this individual being tolerated while is ruing almost all the threads he writes on?

Just ignore him. He wants attention.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Did you get the latest by the weatherman?

Is it possible that there is so much chemical build up on the ground that when it snowed, and then when the snow melted, it put it up into air?

Is that what he's trying to say? If so, Huston we have a problem.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Holy crap, thats pretty close to me. One state away..

So if it ends up being something bad and causing strange effects in the coming days and week(s) on the population of Charleston West Virginia and the surrounding counties, I will hear about it through people who know people, word of mouth, before the media would admit such a thing in a story.

And, as is my duty as an ATS member, should I discover that this is anything significant, and causing ill or harm or any effect on the population to be honest, even a good effect lol, I will be sure to report it here first and foremost.

One good thing about being in the hawks nest is that you dont get picked out by the hawk and eaten quite so easily, because the hawk has to destroy its own nest and its own offspring to reach me in this metaphorical example. I am nothing but a termite in the wood underneath the nest, and so I'll be teh first to know.

So yall will be the second, lol.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
iknow in florida the water treatment plant use chlorine gas to purify water any water plants in the area i tried google earth but cant see much

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
So as not to hijack this thread, I've started a new thread in General Conspiracies, Hydrogen Leak Reported in St. Lucie nuclear power plant.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by seawolf197

it feels more to me like this usage of 'blue snow' is something someone would say to try to cover up an event.. most likely what has happened is a leak of some sort that no one wants to claim because of heavy fines. this is the 'chemical valley' they have been at it in this area loooong before now..

my father told me when we was a boy he would ride his bike to the area we live in now to go fishing and they would stay until they couldn't handle the burning in their eyes and throats from the air..

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

yes, there are several water treatment plants in the effected area.. i am leaning most strongly to john amos power plant with their new CO2 scrubbers..
does anyone know anything about mercury vapor in the air or anything when they fire up new technology like this?

apc

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I just got done watching the movie Evolution...

In the movie, a meteorite crashes bringing alien life with it.
The alien life at first tries to create its own atmosphere.

Chlorine is a likely candidate to replace oxygen as a source of energy for life.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   
something on john amos power plant i thought was interesting

wvlightning.com...

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I live in a city near Charleston, WV. Our area has been labeled the "Chemical Valley" for as long as I have lived and before.

It was actually worse in the mid 20th century. Some areas had chemical ash "snow".

While I do think UFOs/ETs are buzzing around the globe, this mysterious substance is more likely than not an unclaimed chemical leak by the various companies producing them in the area.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join