It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hacker hive-mind "ANONYMOUS" declares war on Scientology.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Link to video

Today, a video was uploaded to several online databases by the hacker group "ANONYMOUS", declaring cyber-war against the International Church of Scientology's online efforts. The video comes right on the heels of Tom Cruise's... ermmm... "interesting" video interview.

I find this sort of intriguing. It will be interesting to see what, if anything, unfolds.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
there are many that are apparently going to stage a protest at the london scientology headquarters... can't wait to see how that unfolds

we are legion

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Any religion in the hands of maniacs can be a horrible tool of destruction. When a man advocates the uselessness of psychiatry and modern medicine, and pushes his peers into the maniacal belief that they need to stop and help victims of bloody and violent circumstances because "they are the only ones that can help", something has obviously gone horribly wrong.

If nothing else, those videos are creepy in a cool way, and really well written. I wonder if ANONYMOUS really cDc?

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by PartChimp

actually, any religion in the hands of just about anybody is quite dangerous and corrosive. it teaches that believing things with no evidence is more virtuous than scientific inquiry... and that's just the basic premise of all religion

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Wow... and it's actually getting mainstream coverage. The MSM is usually wary of going after (non)Scientology, what with their battalion of lawyers.

LINKAGE.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   

they can't be sued for airing current events.

and the beauty of anon is that we can't be attacked by lawyers. we are too many yet we are one.
they've already had a lot of their propaganda exposed...
did you know that they teach that jesus was a pedo? they've denied it for years, but now there's official documentation of the teaching

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   

There is a previous discussion here already. Very interesting indeed.

AAC

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Great! The key difference being this is not really a "news" item, but more of an event that should be watched, and maybe cataloged. If there is indeed some massive online, hacker driven attack against the COS, then I think a thread dedicated to its progression may be in order. I mean... the news broke. Ok. What happens next? I plan to update the thread vigorously with updates.

Madness, is ANON connected to the cult of the dead cow? This seems like something that would be right up their alley.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I am thinking maybe this has been perpetrated by some scientologists to create a threat "at home". Somehow I can't help but feel this is elaborately political and meant to spark some kind of civil unrest.

Anonymous posts another video against Scientology on NEWS.COM

"Contrary to the assumptions of the media, Anonymous is not 'a group of super hackers.'"

and this could just be fluff, (although I doubt it)

"Among our numbers you will find individuals from all walks of life--lawyers, parents, IT professionals, members of law enforcement, college students, veterinary technicians and more. Anonymous is everyone and everywhere. We have no leaders, no single entity directing us..."

[edit on 2/5/2008 by PuRe EnErGy]

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation
There is a previous discussion here already.

Thank you. Please add to the existing discussion.

Thread closed.

top topics

join