It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

INFRA RED LIGHT HELMET could reverse Alzheimer's

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
www.dailymail.co.uk...

Everyone should follow this story as the benefits compared to the risks are huge.

Anyone get alzheimers,including the rich and famous.

Infra red light as shown in the helmet is not that difficult to reproduce and the device could no doubt be adapted to fit under a hat or cap easily after all infra red light diodes are very cheap.

The only thing we don't know is what wavelength the light and what the intensity is or how many infra red light diodes are used.

The picture shows what looks like heats sinks as over a CPU with fan indicating that the infra red light diodes must be operating at high intensities to penetrate the skull and hence need to be cooled.

Could someone PLEASE post the picture on this page so that everyone can see the helmet as the url address may change.

I have saved the web page on to my hard drive.

If this can be shown to work then I wonder if it would heal brain stroke victims.

Think about it.

I am very upset that my mother whom I love dearly suffered a hemorrhagic basal ganglia stroke on monday night and is in hospital.

She has full movement and is on a drip but spends all day sleeping or partially sleeping and will not speak although can say words.She has not eaten anything since and I am worried.

An experimental helmet which scientists say could reverse the symptoms of Alzheimer's disease within weeks of being used is to be tried out on patients.

The strange-looking headgear - which has to be worn for ten minutes every day - bathes the brain with infra-red light and stimulates the growth of brain cells.

Its creators believe it could reverse the symptoms of dementia - such as memory loss and anxiety - after only four weeks.

Alzheimer's disease charities last night described the treatment as "potentially life- changing" - but stressed that the research was still at the very early stages.

round 700,000 Britons have dementia, with around 500,000 suffering from Alzheimer's disease.

The helmet is the creation of Dr Gordon Dougal, a director of Virulite, a medical research company based in County Durham.

It follows a study at the University of Sunderland which found infra-red light can reverse memory loss in mice.

Dr Dougal claims that only ten minutes under the hat a day is enough to have an effect.

"Currently all you can do with dementia is to slow down the rate of decay - this new process will not only stop that rate of decay but partially reverse it," he said.

Low level infra-red red is thought to stimulate the growth of cells of all types of tissue and encourage their repair. It is able to penetrate the skin and even get through the skull.

"The implications of this research at Sunderland are enormous - so much so that in the future we could be able to affect and change the rate at which our bodies age," he said.

"We age because our cells lose the desire to regenerate and repair themselves. This ultimately results in cell death and decline of the organ functions - for the brain resulting in memory decay and deterioration in general intellectual performance.

"But what if there was a technology that told the cells to repair themselves and that technology was something as simple as a specific wavelength of light?"

The study at Sunderland found that exposing middle-aged mice to infrared light for six minutes a day for ten days improved their performance in a three-dimensional maze. In the human trials, due to start this summer, the scientists will use levels of infra-red that occur naturally in sunlight.

Neuroscientist Paul Chazot, who helped carry out the research, said: "The results are completely new - this has never been looked at before."

An Alzheimer's Society spokesman said: "A treatment that reverses the effects of dementia rather than just temporarily halting its symptoms could change the lives of the hundreds of thousands of people. We look forward to further research to determine whether this technique could help improve cognition in humans."

[edit on 25-1-2008 by esecallum]

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Thats amazing stuff,i think we are on the brink of curing alot of the worlds worst diseases like,cancer,aids,dementia and alzheimers.
breakthrough's are happening all the time,in 20 or 30 years time these kinds of diseases won't be an issue anymore.
My only problem i have is none of this stuff gets to the MSM,you have to use the internet to research and find it,if you didn't have the net you wouldn't know any of this.

amazing to think what the future holds in medicine

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I am dismayed no one has responded about this.

I want to know if it has been patented.

They say trials might start summer which is an eternity away for people with this condition.

I want to see the patent.I want to know what exact wavelength is used...how many leds and the reason for the cooling fans and heatsinks..

MAYBE a infra red halogen lamp is used and that is why the large heatsinks and cooling fans like on a CPU?????

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by rhynouk

hi you do realize you can make this device yourself?

It is not rocket science.

Now I am trying to help you.

From the picture it looks it just looks like 5 infra red leds with wavelength of 1072 nanometres arranged around the helmet with fans to cool them,as they must be running at their maximum rated current.

You can buy 5 infrared leds easily for under $100 OR you can use a ready made security camera kit infrared flood light for about $40 to $80. The infra red flood light COMES WITH THE SECURITY CAMERA. ready made..think about it. plug and play or rather plug and heal.... look up cctv infra red LED lighting in google... Maplin Electronics,etc have loads. Maplins EVEN sells infra red leds for under 1 pound each but their wavelengh is 950 nm not 1072 nm,i don't know if this makes a difference...

www.maplin.co.uk... [maplin.co.uk] think about it. you could try this easily yourself on your dad with minimum risk for 10 minutes a day for 4 weeks and note any changes.

THINK ABOUT IT.

Or you can sit on your backside waiting,waiting and waiting and watching pop idol,waiting for santa to bring it to you in 10 years time.

Now I have given you all the information to get you started and it should be easy for you to get a helmet and stick 5 leds into it as in the picture OR use use the ready made infra red led flood light that comes ready made with a security camera and stick that in a helmet.I don't know if the helmet is reflective on the inside or not....you could email Virulite for more information.

You could get a electronics friend to help you in this project.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Hi, just read you e mail. I am so sad to hear your mum has had a stroke. I had a stroke at the end of last year..it was mild but as I am only in my 40s it was a bit of a shock. I have read info on the benefits of infra red recently and I have bought an infrared hand held machine to use on the back of my head (I still have some symptoms from my attack eg numb right foot, some speach difficulty etc) I think..cos maybe I dont want to believe it can happen so fast..my speach has improved and my right foot doesn't feel as numb nor as cold. Its still early but I am going to continue using my machine on the back left side of my head cos..what do I have to lose! good luck with your research and my thoughts are with you and your mum at this time.

Kate

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by esecallum
Could someone PLEASE post the picture on this page so that everyone can see the helmet as the url address may change.
[edit on 25-1-2008 by esecallum]

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by esecallum
Now I have given you all the information to get you started and it should be easy for you to get a helmet and stick 5 leds into it as in the picture OR use use the ready made infra red led flood light that comes ready made with a security camera and stick that in a helmet.

Oh yes... Blindly pumping IR radiation into ones skull will get any one's hopes up. Clearly those dude's have put some work into it - I mean lab coats, anyone wearing a lab coat has the knoledge to back it up (or an ebay account)

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Well after much digging, everyone involved in this project has an email from me now.

They will all have letters confirmed delivery by Tuesday.

I will probably go and find them too.

She IS going to be part of the trial or I will make one myself

As I have said before on ATS I spend a lot of my time in the support of a family member trying to enable them to stay in the community with Alzheimer's and it has not been easy in itself just that. To be honest a lot of my life fell apart due to a misfortune of mine to, at the onset of Middling stage too, trying to juggle both, however I fought for Aricept for her even though the NICE Drug NHS body refused funding which has stopped her going into late with lots of love and care too, and arranging and keeping her active very socially.

This if it works will not only help the million of so in Britain but will bring families back together, stop more heartache and unpaid care than can be imagined. Worldwide for other things to such as stroke, brain injury and other related problems it is beyond the imagination of many who suffer and love them.

I am for once not so pessimistic of the future, and thank you OP cos I would never normally read the Mail and just see it when too late during the trials or after from journals.

S+F from me.

Elf.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Is this further proof of the Kaznacheyev Effect? If there are death photons then I suppose there are life photons. What frequencies cure aids or kill cancer?

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I can't help but wonder what function the computer case fans on the helmet (as seen in the photo) serve. I also wonder how infrared light, shone on one's scalp, could possibly have any effect whatsoever on the brain. It's supposed to be able to penetrate hair, scalp, and skull and have some effect? Infrared is not x-ray, it does not penetrate anything.

Another winky-blinky light cure-all. Oh, where can be found the published results of the rat studies which seem to be the only experiments performed.

[edit on 2/1/2009 by Phage]
Dang. Sucked into an old thread. Doesn't seem like the "project" has gone anywhere in the past year.

[edit on 2/1/2009 by Phage]

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
I can't help but wonder what function the computer case fans on the helmet (as seen in the photo) serve.

Infrared light producing equipment runs very hot, what with IR being well heat and everything.

But i dont see how IR can do much of anything really, apart from keep your head warm, or make it visible to cameras at night. The amount of heat produced from having an IR source powerfull enough to penetrate the skull into the brain cant be good for you.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 04:44 AM
link   
There's a clinic in Los Angeles that's fr years now been using Far Infrared light as therapy for people going through heavy symptoms of "Morgellons Syndrome"... one of them being Alzheimers-like being "bain fog" and cognitive issues with short term memory.

People report incredible results from the light therapy.

-

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
As a scientist I'm rather suspicious and cynical about this.

We all know the implications this might have but I haven't read a single scientific article about this. If someone did please point it to me.

Yes, it might be the future but we live in a cruel world and I've seen terrible things like scientists faking data to get more money to fund their labs.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by novrod

I agree. As someone researching potential treatments for alzheimer's, I'm extremely skeptical about any claims made involving "IR light on a skull." If this experiment was part of serious research, they should already have an arsenal of animal testing data showing safety and efficacy, and probably in vitro data as well. As phage asked, where is it?

new topics

top topics

join