It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putting your alien anomaly hunting skills to good use.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I think anybody here scouring Mars photos for the glory of discovering evidence of alien civilization would jump at the chance to get in on the "ground floor" of image analysis here:

clickworkers.arc.nasa.gov...

You get good, early access to the very nice HiRise images, increasing your chance to prove all the evil skeptics wrong by finding those elusive Martian ruins, doors to underground facilities, etc.

Anybody already poking away at this?

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

Why do I get the feeling that I would be working for the goverment for free instead? Interesting, but it could also be misleading to waste time in an already white washed site. With project blue beam or whatever we could all be seeing some anomaly that does or doesn't exist....I know, wrong attitude.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by aleon1018
reply to post by Nohup

Why do I get the feeling that I would be working for the goverment for free instead? Interesting, but it could also be misleading to waste time in an already white washed site. With project blue beam or whatever we could all be seeing some anomaly that does or doesn't exist....I know, wrong attitude.

Well, I suppose you could look at it that way. But the images they're working with are apparently pretty raw and may not have already gone through the "whitewashing" you suggest. After all, it's a huge amount of data. Somebody's got to dig through it, and it's not very likely these agencies have tens of thousands of folks going over the images first with a fine-toothed comb before they're given to the "clickworkers," or what would be the point? Sounds like a good opportunity for somebody wanting to really roll up their sleeves and dig in. It probably wouldn't be of much interest to the lazy folks who rely on other folks making the "discoveries," or those who are just playing around. Just putting it out there.

new topics

join