It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*Breaking News* Majority leader Reid clears hurdle for Bush /Cheney spying bill

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Areal51

What gets a little more disturbing about this is, as we speak, the FCC is privately regulating a massive auction of remaining airwaves / telecom systems, and none of the bidders are being disclosed. I have a feeling this doesn't have the purest of intentions behind it, and we may be watching more of our privacies being eroded in the near future.

[edit on 26-1-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by krill

Rebellion does not have to be like that. Rebellion can be 1 man with an abrupt means to affect those that need affecting. And another similar person. And another. What organizes and leads them is the belief in the same values... the same goal.

The people who lead are also just that.... people... And they have grown to believe they can do anything with impunity. That belief has to be shattered for them to start listening to their conscience again.

Now again.. it is not my country. And not my leaders. All of what you talk about are not even my values. And I hate violence, way more than the average guy. But really... somewhere there is a line..

My statements are not directly linked to this post but the sad situation in general.

EDIT: clarification

[edit on 26-1-2008 by Alphard]

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alphard
reply to post by krill

Rebellion does not have to be like that. Rebellion can be 1 man with an abrupt means to affect those that need affecting. And another similar person. And another. What organizes and leads them is the belief in the same values... the same goal.

As we radicalize, Americans from all walks of life will feel more inclined to organize against the elites who threaten their freedom. In many respects, for have forgotten that our local efforts still do matter. Insurrection and rebellon as it is known will not be a factor until enough people are organized to seriously consider those options.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join