It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange thoughts on tin-foil hats

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Okay, do tin-foil hats shield you from anything?

This is a semi-serious question as we all know that the tin-foil hat is perceived as a humorous way of saying that aliens or the government will not try to control my mind by the external use of em wavelengths.

But...........but, we all know that tin-foil is not made of tin, but aluminum, and why do electromagnetic waves affect anything conductive, when only ferrous metals are physically affected by magnetic lines of force??

Why do both ferrous and non ferrous metals conduct and emit emf but only ferrite-steels are drawn to a magnet?

Seems kinds weird why metals are such hypocrites sometimes.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ben91069

There are three naturally magnetic elements ( I think ) but i'm not sure where the new fandago neodymium (spl) ones fit in to that thinking.

Tin Foil hats are the new kangal. This season you will see all the stars wearing them. They shield you from alien rays and anal probs. Which may or may not be helpful!?!

MonKey

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ChiKeyMonKey

So...............what you are saying is that any tin-foil hat wearer that has self respect, probably has a tin-foil chastity belt as well to guard their anus??

LOL

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I don't know so much about tin-foil hats, or their use. But they seems to make a lot of them in Armenia. Their goal seems to be to have lots of tin foil hats by 2012....

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellmutt

How funny! Here's what I'm thinking. The hats could be used for a few different reasons.

Wear on your head.

Cook in them.

And for really poor people, they also have a pot to pee in!

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Enthralled Fan

Why use it as a pot when they have a perfectly good ground?
You know, maybe tin hats are part of a conspiracy to make conspiracy theorists seem less credible?

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by RuneSpider

You have a point there. I was just drawing on an old saying that my parents used to use about poor people. That they were so poor, they didn't "have a pot to pee in."

As for making anyone look less credible, I think that even people who believe might want one, because if you can't make fun of yourself sometimes even over something serious, then life isn't worth it!

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChiKeyMonKey
reply to post by ben91069

They shield you from alien rays and anal probs. Which may or may not be helpful!?!

MonKey

awww man! well who wants a tin foil hat if im not going to have some stranger probe my butt.

when they grabbed me i asked if they were taking me to the kuipner belt, but they said no we are going deep into uranus :shk:

ok, too much info even if it was meant as a crude joke.

btw just to clarify.. .im a mountain man, i love mount'ain women

[edit on 27/1/08 by Obliv_au]

[edit on 27/1/08 by Obliv_au]

top topics

join