It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spanish Driver sues dead bicyles victim's family for damage to his vehicle!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Spanish Driver sues dead bicyles victim's family for damage to his vehicle!

www.reuters.com

MADRID (Reuters) - A Spanish driver who collided with a cyclist is suing the dead youth's family $29,300 for the damage the impact of his body did to his luxury car, a Spanish newspaper reported on Friday.

Businessman Tomas Delgado says 17-year-old Enaitz Iriondo caused $20,500 of damage to his Audi A8 in the fatal 2004 crash in La Rioja region, the El Pais newspaper reported.

Delgado, who has faced no criminal charges for the incident, wants a further 6,000 euros to cover the cost of hiring another vehicle while his car was being repaired, El Pais said.

The youth had been cycling alone at night without reflective clothing or a helmet, according to a police report cited by El Pais.

His family won 33,000 euros compensation from Delgado's insurance company after the firm acknowledged he had been driving at excessive speed and this could have contributed to the incident, El Pais reported.

"I'm also a victim in all of this, you can't fix the lad's problems, but you can fix mine," Delgado told the newspaper, ahead of a January 30 legal decision on his suit.

The family said they had previously pitied Delgado for the guilt he must feel at killing their son but were now disgusted that his greatest concern appeared to be money.

"This was the final straw, a kick in the teeth," the youth's mother Rosa Trinidad told El Pais.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
You've got to be kidding me...What is this world coming to.

I would feel terrible if I hit and killed somebody on a bicycle, even if they were at fault. How on earth can you sue that persons grieving family? This guy must have no conscience.

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
SPANISH ARE IDIOTS..... and i can know i lived there 6 years bleh stupid people not all are but 80% are for sure... if they can they even love to robe their family or friends....
now im not talking about Latins no about Spanish only from the country spain...

see it as the same thing they did on the kings order to murder rape and steal south-america and Mexico.. same people same thing...

[edit on 25-1-2008 by newworldnews2007]

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by newworldnews2007

LOL. I don't know if I'd go that far as to lump them all in one category based on one idiots behavior. But this guy is definitely a piece of work.

Shameless.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
This is a simple matter of liability.

There is nothing unusual about this case that I can see, except for the tragedy of the young man's death.

I think in a case like that here in the US, if the victim's family was uninsured, the damage to the car would be covered under either collision, comprehensive or uninsured motorist insurance.

After that, the insurance company would assume responsibility for recovering the damages.

How many here could just write off $30,000's worth of property damage because some one exercised poor judgement and in the process got killed?

new topics

top topics

join