It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hypothetical question

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by yeti101

I think it would be our responsibility to make our presenmce known.I just hope that the leaders of the inhabitants on that planet are more concerned with informing it's citizens than our government is.Or would deception be a "universal" practice?Who knows?

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 06:25 AM
link   
I would like to think that we would try and make contact and help them out a little also but if this did happen the more powerful goverments of the world ie American, Brittish act would end up stealing thier resources and maybe using them for thier own personal agenda so I take back what I said maybe it's just better of not knowing?

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Remember, if they are 200 years behind us, then we must do something because in 200 years they will have probes and nukes capable of reaching our world. We shouldn't take chances with our Planet, there is only one. Should this civilization in any way resemble our, we should treat them as a potential threat. One only has to look at the way the U.S. has been targeting UFOs for the past sixty years. So it is safe to assume that is we take an 'observer' status, we must be prepared to be shot at and feared as intruders into their world. The may even start developing newer, deadlier weapons to counter this threat from space. These weapons will inevitably be turned on each other, and should a balance of power (ie. cold war MAD) not exist, they may start destroying each other as a consequence.
I say nay to peaceful observation and contact. They will always assume the worst of us and prepare for it. We must take the initiative in any future conflict with an extraterrestrial species.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
well we sure would not want to do what our government has done to us and that is pull the wool over our eyes. I would deploy the rover to observe the presence and surroundings. and send back data to earth. then resent another probe with rover with a care package of welcome and try to establish a contact.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join