It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive defense software under scrutiny.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Massive defense software under scrutiny.

www.upi.com

WASHINGTON, Jan. 24 (UPI) -- Software developers in a secret Boeing plant are developing a weapons program some U.S. officials say is the largest such program in Defense Department history.

The U.S. military classifies its Future Combat Systems software program as dwarfing Microsoft Windows in the length of its code, The Washington Post said Thursday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.arcamax.com

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
The project is on time and under budget - the only problem is it may not work.

www.upi.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Jacks56

the aircraft that just lost power while trying to land at heathrow airport--after flying from china--wasn't that a new boeing?

i see that there is speculation that someone that was supposed to service the aircraft before its flight from china--somehow accessed the planes flight control computers and inserted a program change that activated when the pilots tried to land in england.

this computer here has been hacked 2or 3 times when trying to use it on the israelinsider website and i'm just a nobody---so no doubt boeing would have a lot more enemies to worry about than me.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Wow! 200 BILLION dollars! For a software program!

That has to be a pretty big program. I would really hate to debug that sucker. Think about how long it takes to load that program into memory?

As they say: fast, cheap, good. Pick any two.

I hope they are making good backups!

top topics

join