It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghostly guest caught on pic

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Ghostly guest caught on pic

www.thesun.co.uk

A PHOTO showing the ghostly face of a child has been captured on a teenager's mobile phone.

Matthew Summers was snapping a group of friends before they headed for a night out, but when he looked at the picture he was shocked to see peeping out between the knees of two of the girls what looked like an apparition.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 08:25 AM
link   
This is a very spooky pictue, scary as well dont know ifits real be good if it was though.

www.thesun.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Interesting,

We have a thread on this via a claimed Family member of this,

looks like the ghost of a baby!!

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Thats freaky, but just looks like a shadow with the curtain. Just circumstancial.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I dunno about the ghost, but me and the little girl on the right agree.. there's some really scary women in that photo.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Here's the phone-pic in question from the Sun.

Picture of scary women ..and a ghost

Bring in the image experts so we can pareidolize!!

Yes, I learned a new word today.

However, Ciaran O'Keeffe, a parapsychologist on Living TV's Most Haunted show, has a more down-to-earth explanation for the 'child' in Matthew's photograph.

Dr O'Keeffe said: "As human beings we're very good at finding a pattern in randomness and related to that we're good at finding faces in randomness. The term for this pareidolia.

"First it was ink blots, then things like clouds in the sky and now mobile phone pictures.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Does noone else see the uncanny resemblance between the "ghost" and the crying kid?
Maybe a weird shot with twins .
Or some odd double exposure which i'm not sure if thats possible without film .

But it looks alot like the little girl to me .

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Mindless

uh no it looks nothing like the little girl. Plus the living child has half her face covered, how could it double exposure into a full face?

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by SEEWHATUDO

Because the first exposure could be from a different pic.
Seeing as they take pics with the girl in it it sure as heck seems possible.
Look at the whit wispy hair and the eyes compare the structure around the left eye (right side of pic) of both faces. And the nose . If you look at the pic in the other thread . They add color to it an it make it look ALOT more like the little girl . And or a twin.

[edit on 25-1-2008 by Mindless]

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
LOL @ the kid pitching a fit to the right. That is a pretty cool looking anomoly, even if it turns out to be a double exposure. It looks like some face rising up through the floor.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Not taking anything away from the OP's post or the image which is indeed
intriguing but I thought I would just inform those who are unaware that the source used the S*n newspaper would be far from the most solid source around and is indeed the newspaper equivalent of Fox news in the Uk, they are known purveyors of lies and have responsible for some of the most despicable
front page headlines and news stories over the past few decades.
Boycott the S*n.

Apologies for going off topic.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by pmexplorer

The sun would pay for the picture . Not many other papers probably would . I have to admit if it was between 10g's and my picture in the sun or nothing and the pic in the newyork times i would tak the 10g's and run .

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Can you even get double exposure in digital photos? I thought that only happened on film?

Also, this thread has been discussed on ATS already, someone claimed to have received the photo from a friend.

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe
I dunno about the ghost, but me and the little girl on the right agree.. there's some really scary women in that photo.

hah!

new topics

top topics

join