It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus Existed

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Truth (and this is only for Truth. If you have no belief in the Bible, save your breath.)

You should not feel guilty about killing an animal or killing a plant. Plants are not really alive in the animalian sence. They have no feelings and no life-blood. And after the flood, God gave all kinds of creatures to mankind as a second food source (in addition to veggitation). We should not be cruel to animals or kill them indiscriminately, but we also need not feel guilty about eating beef or killing a misquito.

Plants, whose to say that they do not realize right from wrong? Whose to say they are not self-aware?

All kinds of animals have been on this planet much before the " flood ".

Deep

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 01:33 PM
link   
All living creatures are of the exact same significance to the overall consciousness that permeates all that exists, aka God. Killing a human is no different than killing a mosquito. The only difference is the size.

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 01:40 PM
link   

All living creatures are of the exact same significance to the overall consciousness that permeates all that exists, aka God. Killing a human is no different than killing a mosquito. The only difference is the size.

Its the thought of taking life

How do these threads always just go way off topic!

Deep

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by lilblam
Killing a human is no different than killing a mosquito.

So if you were sick with a tape worm, or say a small family of tape worms, you wouldn't get treated? All their lives collectively are a "greater good" that yours alone. Treat the parasite or not lilblam?

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep

Plants, whose to say that they do not realize right from wrong? Whose to say they are not self-aware?

First, there is no right from wrong, apparently. And since life is knowledge, they have no live because they have no mind. With no synapses, they must not have a mind because no thinking goes on elsewhere.

Second, I said, save your breath if you can't take what I was going to say at face value.

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Kill in order to cause harm with ill conceived intentions is wrong, now to kill in order to mantain some sort of aspect of survival for the good of yoruself or humanity is different. Though these too would need to be analysed before taken action upon.

Thrill kill is bad

Deep

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 03:15 PM
link   
lilblam couldn't think of a good reason to kill another human being. Killing a mosquito is no different from killing a human being. I am makeing the connection for lilblam to a tapeworm. I was wondering if lilblam would kill a family of cute little tape worms to save his/her own life.

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by RogueOne
Anything or anyone that brings you closer to Jesus and God - is good.

Any influence that causes you to drift away or doubt the Lord - is demonic.

I'm sure I could give examples disproving both of these ideas.
Esp. the second sounds like cathecism classes stuff from my grade school days.

There's lots of knowledge out there the Church doesn't agree with--it isn't necessarily evil.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join