It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Immigration officials detaining, deporting American citizens

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Immigration officials detaining, deporting American citizens

www.blacklistednews.com

FLORENCE, Ariz. — Thomas Warziniack was born in Minnesota and grew up in Georgia, but immigration authorities pronounced him an illegal immigrant from Russia..."The immigration agents told me they never make mistakes," Warziniack said in a phone interview from jail. "All I know is that somebody dropped the ball."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.mcclatchydc.com

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 07:05 AM
link   
This is crazy. I do not understand how it can take so long toverify a persons citizenship. The guy should never have been held in the first place. How can this happen. As borders tighten, I am sure it will be happening more and more.
What floors me is that people detained under immigration laws have no right to an attorney. Outlandish IMO.

www.blacklistednews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Sort of makes me think of the Indian from Maine they took to Mexico. They swore he was Mexican then after they got him to Mexico they found out he was telling the truth. The poor man had to thumb all the way back to Maine. Because the INS doesnt pay his way back. Sorry but this has been happening for years. That story happened back in the 90s and its still happening.

I saw on tv a few months ago where they took a man to Mexico and his kids. He and his children were born here in the USA, yet because he looked Mexican they took him back there. It was 4 weeks before his wife could get him back out of Mexico. I believe we need to start using proof before sending folks back to countries.

Hilda

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Why do people continue to be surprised and shocked by government ineptitude?

If the fed are touring my city I just assume we're all going to die. If the local cops are driving down my street I fully expect them to kick in my front door and shoot my kids because for some reason my address is on the books as being a weapons trafficking crack house.

I'm baffled everyday that people still trust anything remotely government or express surprise and shock when government screws up.

We have hundreds of years of documented meddling to support the dismantling of it yet it just gets bigger and bigger.

apc

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   
On the plus side this shows that our immigration system is not racist.

But a big capitalized and bolded WTF is still in order.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Thomas Warziniack was born in Minnesota, correct me if I am wrong but doesn't that make him a U.S. citizen already? I was always under the impression that if an Illegal immigrant had a child on U.S. soil that child was a citizen of the U.S. If I am wrong on this someone please let me know.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by JadePhoenix

That's called an "anchor baby" and yes, that makes it a citizen by default.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Then that makes Thomas Warziniack clearly a U.S. citizen, kind of makes you wonder why or how they could make such a huge mistake.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by JadePhoenix
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Then that makes Thomas Warziniack clearly a U.S. citizen, kind of makes you wonder why or how they could make such a huge mistake.

Not really. It's government. The only times I find myself wondering are the few instances when they don't screw something up. Like right now I'm wondering what were those few instances. Hmmm...

new topics

top topics

join