It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada WALKS out on UN Conference citing: "Circus of Intolerance"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 05:41 AM
link   
*DING*...Round 2

One government official on Wednesday called the conference "a gong show."

Here we go again folks.

The Durban 2 conference has proved to be a road block. There doesn't seem to be any leaway to solving this anytime soon.

"Canada is interested in combating racism, not promoting it," Kenney told The Canadian Press. "We'll attend any conference that is opposed to racism and intolerance, not those that actually promote racism and intolerance.

SOURCE

It seems to be the same agenda, different day.

We need different people coming to the table. Not the same ones carrying the same torches of intollerances and racial bigotry.

Thoughts?

~Ducky~

[edit on 25-1-2008 by TheDuckster]

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
There's not much point in going if it's just going to be a repeat of last time. Might as well stay home and save the money.

If the UN wants this conference to have any credibility whatsoever, they have to be a little more choosy about who they put in charge of it. I think they would be better off scrapping this particular one and starting over. Rename, rebrand and then don't be morons about the appointments.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I have to agree Duzey, the UN has no credibility on any issue these days. They simply exist, to exist. And suck dollars out of the ignorant masses all in the name of global peace.

From what I have seen over the past 25 years, they are just another government in search of a country. What a waste of money and talent.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Cynic

But, but... you've never agreed with me about anything.

Nice to see you back on AP. I hope you'll remember to come back and argue with me come election time.

When it comes to the UN, I think they do some good stuff. It just seems to be balanced out by all the stupid and bad stuff they've done. I think it's relatively important that there's a place where all the countries can get together and talk about stuff that concerns them. But as long as they have countries with veto powers and appointments are not based on merit or reality, they are ineffectual at best and shouldn't bother to hold these conferences anymore.

Deep down though, I have no desire to see the UN dissolved. It would be replaced by something just as unwieldy and expensive, and we'd have to pay setup costs all over again.

[edit on 7-2-2008 by Duzey]

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Cynic

Actually it shows a lack of credibility for Canada Israel is conducting ethnic cleansing against Palestinian Arabs and treats Israeli Arabs as third-class citizens, but Canada thinks making mention of this is racist against Jews and walks out,

Perhaps if certain governments within the organization weren't bought and paid for and other governments didn't have an eternal and absolute veto...

[edit on 8-2-2008 by The Walking Fox]

top topics

join