It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egypt Cheers Films Critical of Police

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Egypt Cheers Films Critical of Police

www.examiner.com

One of Egypt's latest hit films opens with scenes of police brutally beating pro-democracy protesters and ends with angry masses storming a police station where demonstrators are tortured. The audiences cheer.

The film, "Heya Fawda" - Arabic for "It's Chaos" - is a rare, frank look at police torture, corruption and political oppression that rights groups say is widespread in this top U.S. ally. It has been pulling in viewers and spurring criticism since opening in November.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 05:33 AM
link   
More people are waking up than ever before it seems.

I can only give my full support to any piece which shows the outright corruption of those in control.

Well done to the film makers and let's hope that films like this bring an end to the suffering of many.

I find it hard to believe a word that Mr. Bush has said in his statement in Abu Dhabi last week.

"You cannot build trust when you hold an election where opposition candidates find themselves harassed or in prison," Bush said. "And you cannot stand up a modern and confident nation when you do not allow people to voice their legitimate criticisms."

And i wonder how long it will be before scenes like this are factual?

"It's Chaos" ends with the angry masses storming the police station to liberate jailed political activists.

It can only be a matter of time before the people decide enough is enough.

Seems that Youssef Chahine has been making a name for himself and feels less afraid of authorities due to his age?

I wonder if he'll discover ATS, maybe he'll pass it's existance around in any further films?

www.examiner.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

new topics

join