It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

True Cult!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 01:19 AM
link   
This my Fellow members, is a true Cult! The little Cult that could, but never would. Well, not a cult really.

users.erols.com...

Every human institution has a guiding mission statement or philosophy. Yet there is no specific global plan for Humanity's future. Without a plan, happenstance determines destination. Instead of leaving its fate up to chance, Humanity should select its own destination.

Since Utopia is the best Humanity can perceive, Utopia should be Humanity's guiding philosophy. This ultimate philosophy of striving for the best life possible for everyone, can be one global element of common sense and common purpose in an otherwise complex and fragmented world. Utopian philosophy can be the goal that unites the world for good and noble actions.

This web site has a modern day trilogy on how Humanity can achieve Utopia. To read any of the three books below, just click on that book. To read a summary of this trilogy, just scroll down this page. Plus, there are links to interesting web sites below the summary. i]

This man hopes to create a perfect Utopia in America. He has some interesting points, but overall, wishfull thinking.

Take for instance his image of a Utopian America.

Text
The first step on the stairway to Utopia is to define what Utopia is, and thereby set forth what goal Humanity should strive to reach. Utopia is generally defined as a place of ideal perfection in all aspects of existence. Once Humanity knows Utopia is the house it wants to live in, Humanity can begin to build that house. Since Utopia is the blueprint for Humanity's house, the next step is to determine what materials are needed to assemble that house. There are five basic elements to Utopia. These elements are:
1. Everlasting life;
2. All good and no evil;
3. Infinite provision of all tangible and intangible needs and wants for existence, without any required effort to obtain those provisions;
4. A perfect balance between the individual and society; and
5. Complete knowledge.:

Again more Wishfull thinking!

While humans currently have a physical limitation of mortality, one does obtain a form of eternal life in that their splash is an everlasting effect on Humanity. Once Utopia is reached, there will be physical immortality through cell regeneration, memory transfer to a robotic humanoid, or some other method beyond our current knowledge.

I could go on for quite some time. More fun to read for yourselves.

Deep

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 09:50 AM
link   
These people sound way out there too. I would be very weary of joing a group like this. Thanks for the post Deep! However, for the record - I agree anyone who wants to has the right to do so. There is no law against stupidity and ignorance.

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 09:56 AM
link   
1. Everlasting life;

Ummmm...I see the first problem.

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna
1. Everlasting life;

Ummmm...I see the first problem.

hey, Reletive-ism & Schlock= make a strange brew

...(i;m still de-coding "PLAN 9 FROM OUTER SPACE")

on the serious side...an extension of this UTOPIA MODEL has been around for awhile...for the members who entered into this thread, heres the Hedonistic interplay to Utopia:

www.paradise-engineering.com...
so i missed hale-bop...peoples temple...Uranians...

[Edited on 13-2-2004 by riffraffalunas]

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 11:00 AM
link   
What a twit.(not you Deep
)

1. Everlasting life;
2. All good and no evil;
3. Infinite provision of all tangible and intangible needs and wants for existence, without any required effort to obtain those provisions;
4. A perfect balance between the individual and society; and
5. Complete knowledge.:

This guy must have been very high when he came up with this.

#1 Everlasting life,not going to happen.(at least not here on earth. Life and death is cycle that will never change.

#2 All good no evil= stagnation. Not to mention good and evil are cycles in their own right and need one another.

#3 Sounds like he something for nothing. Wishful thinking, and well just plain lazy.

#4 Can't happen as every individual is differant. Unless he wants us all to be mindless drones.

#5 How boring....I enjoy seeking answers to questions. In most case I am much happier finding answers on my own,not having them given too me.

I do not think this cult will give us much too worry about. But then again maybe there are a lot of lazy,delusional,boring,unmotivated and stupid people,in this world to get this cult going.

[Edited on 2/13/2004 by nyeff]

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Wishful thinking can get you any time.

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 11:12 AM
link   
All good no evil.

sounds good, but the only possible way for this to hapen is for God to clear the planet of evil and search out
the good andleave them here to rebuild.

peace/

top topics

join