It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone Make Music?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Just curious of how many musicaly talented folk we have here,

I myself Have been involved in Trance and Drum and Bass for about 15 years now, Been writting an Producing it for the last 2 years ( only of the last 4 months has anything worth listening resulted )

Before this I was a Drummer for a Punk band and then later a Hardcore band playin local venues and some larger second stage type things.

But now I lay up in my batcave creating musical gremlins to Go forth and Reek havoc apon the wary. Well maybe just make some dance-able tunes.

Lets here what You make.

you can check my tunes out Trance Optic

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Your musics dope, Threshold is my fave

I used to produce Drum n Bass/ Jungle, UK garage/ Grime. in my spare time. Nothing any good so i stuck to DJing

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 08:24 AM
link   
thanks man, always glad to hear feedback.

good deal bout yer past , an djing, that is something that is familure yet so far away lol I do it all virtualy, lol so hardware minus midi controllers and hardware interfaces r gonna be something i need to learn, been looking into some cdjs, by axis, an some good monitors,

Got a record label in the works spanning from america to UK (with the help of my scottland partner ) label is called Digital Itch records, we have a site but im not designer of websites so it looks like geocites threwup an im not about to disclose that information. lol

But My friend over seas and partner " Fluid dynamic " has some hot jounst too.

props on your djing skills thoe, Im still grasping live midi / software preformaces, been asked a couple times but its alot different then setting up your drumset and playing along with the bassist, lol

You should try producing again, if you dj im sure you just need to practice more man, Go have a listen to some of my garageband songs lol wow Im thinking I need to remove em cuz they are soo old an dont sound like me now lol God knows I stayed up till 4am many nights just to get up at 8am cuz of making tunes or attempting .....

anyways thanks for the hollah back,

keep bumpin dat bass.

Trance

[edit on 25-1-2008 by Tranceopticalinclined]

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   
You'll find some ATS music producers in this thread:

Any music producers out there on ATS?

Just saying...

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   
thanks indeedy, ever since u removed the nitty gritty search I dont find all my relevant topics anymore. Just googlzed versions of what i wanted. curse googles spiders!

Anywho thanks. and werd.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
we dont have any other musical inclined people here? Surely We have more.... Anyone care to come up and show yourself?

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Hello, am not a musician but I think you would like this website that I found (you might already know it)… it’s a website that you can create your own band in cyber world! It's pretty cool!
www.createbands.com
enjoy!

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Well, i am not a dj, but I play bass and I like to write lyrics. My fiance has a band and they have recorded one song that I have written and my fiance and I are in the process of recording another one of my songs with just the two of us, but we are kind of having creative differences....go figure.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I have a bunch of different guitar riffs and guitars songs already worked out.

I just need to find a band and a singer so we can play them. But yeah, I mostly make up songs on guitar.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I play guitar in a band. Apart from marrying a nymphomaniac, making music has got to be the best thing a young man can do with his life!

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   
i make music .. let me know what you think

www.belowtopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 07:32 AM
link   
One day I'll set all these riffs and so on to use. Plan on getting a lot of good musical contacts to play certain instruments for me (unless I learn them myself), although I do play guitar and sing. Software will also be used. Already I have a couple decent songs, but can't do but much more currently.

Music is second to writing.

[edit on 9/2/2008 by Nyorai]

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tranceopticalinclined
Just curious of how many musicaly talented folk we have here,

I myself Have been involved in Trance and Drum and Bass for about 15 years now, Been writting an Producing it for the last 2 years ( only of the last 4 months has anything worth listening resulted )

Before this I was a Drummer for a Punk band and then later a Hardcore band playin local venues and some larger second stage type things.

But now I lay up in my batcave creating musical gremlins to Go forth and Reek havoc apon the wary. Well maybe just make some dance-able tunes.

Lets here what You make.

you can check my tunes out Trance Optic

I dj trance music, house music and make my own renditions of tracks. check out the snapdrive

"http://www.snapdrive.net/mp3player.swf" width="320" height="250" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" allowfullscreen="false" flashvars="&file=http://www.snapdrive.net/playlist.php%3Fid%3D277308&backcolor=0xFFFFFF&frontcolor=0x000000&lightcolor=0xB0B0B0&height=250&width=320& displayheight=50&showeq=true&shuffle=false&autostart=false&autoscroll=true&repeat=list" wmode="transparent" border="0" saveEmbedTags="true">Get your own playlist at snapdrive.net!"

thats the code minus the quatation marks.

[edit on 13-2-2008 by World Domination35]

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
i suppose i would say yes...
i have composed numerous things via guitar pro but i have only heard them played via a midi. i don't have the skill to play most of the stuff i write.
bummer really.
i know more theory than i do application....the way my back is it just does not let me sit there with the guitar for that long.

lately i have been thinking about getting some keys and hitting the ivory...we'll see what happens.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Boondock78

You are on the right track, get a keyboard and play that for a while. Structure, patterns, everything will start to make so much more sense after learning a little piano. I have started plinking with the piano again and it has improved my guitar skills dramatically.

My main instrument is the drums, but I play a little bit of everything, but I love beating on the skins. I was playing in a band, but the other guys decided to take an "indefinite" break. It was indie rock, alot like explosions in the sky if you all are familiar with that band, if you have seen friday night lights they do the soundtrack for the movie. Their stuff is instrumental, the guys I was playing with had some lyrics, but mostly emphasized on the instrumental side. I miss playing with them it is such a needed release for me, I need to be creative and that really helped me with that.

I am going to start doing my own thing, my dad is pretty big into the recording, and is in the process of getting his studio together now. So I am just going to go in there and do whatever flows, something that is my own in some way.

I am listening to Tool right now, and it frigging makes me want to go home and beat the hell out of the drums. I have had too much coffee today and I am amped, need to beat the skins. I love Tool (the band) they make me crazy, danny carey is my drum god, I saw them in concert and was just f ing blown away by them.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I play Bass in a band here in Knoxville, TN. Check it out.

Half of Something

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
cool thread!

you may have already heard some of my music if you watch lots of Adult Swim...

myspace:
myspace.com...

few video clips from adult swim:
www.bumpworthy.com...

owned and operated (most of my older tracks):
www.hiphopproduction.com...

enjoy! again, great thread flag+star.

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Good tunes man, Im inpressed to see you got on Adult swim, Has to be some nice additions to your musical resume... I havent gotten my tunes out past fans yet, lol Still working on it, I make hip hop tracks for rappers thats bout it, currently got one in TX an One in FL who are workin on tracks i gave em, just keep hammering at my Myspace friends an Garageband.com entries an throw my self up shamelessly on as many sites as I can find.....

But Killer Tracks man, We should get together digitaly and colab on some Electronic Napam.

new topics

top topics

join