It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US deporting American citizens!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Immigration officials detaining, deporting American citizens

Thomas Warziniack was born in Minnesota and grew up in Georgia, but immigration authorities pronounced him an illegal immigrant from Russia.

Immigration and Customs Enforcement has held Warziniack for weeks in an Arizona detention facility with the aim of deporting him to a country he's never seen. His jailers shrugged off Warziniack's claims that he was an American citizen, even though they could have retrieved his Minnesota birth certificate in minutes and even though a Colorado court had concluded that he was a U.S. citizen a year before it shipped him to Arizona.

On Thursday, Warziniack was told he would be released. Immigration authorities were finally able to verify his citizenship.

More...

What a nightmare!

I have a feeling this will get much worse before it gets better.

:shk:

The article continues:

Proving citizenship is especially difficult for the poor, mentally ill, disabled or anyone who has trouble getting a copy of his or her birth certificate while behind bars.

"The burden of proof is on the individual to show they're legally entitled to be in the United States," said ICE spokeswoman Kice.

[edit on 24-1-2008 by loam]

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I can't believe they spent so much resources and wasted so much time trying to deport a Russian of all people. How incompetent. While there's hundreds of thousands of illegals slipping from the Mexican border they go chasing after some lone suspected Russian immigrant who turns out to be a citizen.
Looks like we will have to rely on the Minutemen to clean things up, because the government proves to be incompetent yet again.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Well I don't know why their ethnicity matters.
As a matter of fact I have known Russian illegals, as well as Irish, Polish, and Albanian illegals.

Are we supposed to be opposed to illegal immigration, or just nonwhite illegal immigration?

Not that that would be hugely surprising, racist and anti semitic immigration quotas are an unfortunate historical fact in the US.

join