It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LA State GOP Conspiracy Against Ron Paul?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   

LA State GOP Conspiracy Against Ron Paul?

www.jonesreport.com

The Louisiana State GOP also changed the rules at the last minute to allow other candidates to file more delegates. At the time of the original January 10 deadline, Ron Paul had the largest number of delegates pledged to him. The party then changed the rules to give other candidates until January 12 to file more delegates.
(visit the link for the full news article)

www.businesswire.com...

[edit on 24-1-2008 by TrueAmerican]

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Ron Paul Campaign to Louisiana GOP: Count All the Votes

State Party Blunders Put Caucus Results in Question

Ron's in the party, but not with the InCrowd.

Yeah, I know, go ahead and say that the LA State GOP changed the rules at the last minute because of their previous mistakes.

I'm not buying that for a minute.

www.jonesreport.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
So, what's the latest on this? Are they going to count the provisional ballots? I mean this is ridiculous!

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by evilod

I just heard Alex Jones say on his radio network that Ron Paul has filed against LA State and that they never counted all of the ballots... This is still developing, and I will update as information becomes available.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Just heard on local radio:

One of our precinct leaders called into a talk show, saying that at the LA caucus, the GOP set up special tables for all candidates EXCEPT for Ron Paul. And this information comes from LA precinct leaders who were there.

With that, I am flagging this post. I can't believe that the LA GOP would subvert one of there own candidates. But it is happening. He also said that they changed the delegate rules at the last second, going AGAINST THEIR OWN PARTY RULES. I mean Jesus, where does this end? What's it going to take for each candidate to get a fair shot?

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Flagging this myself . Please keep us updated . Any press for paul ATM is good press.

BTW: I'm a liberal democrat .

[edit on 28-1-2008 by oLDWoRLDDiSoRDeR]

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
Just heard on local radio:

One of our precinct leaders called into a talk show, saying that at the LA caucus, the GOP set up special tables for all candidates EXCEPT for Ron Paul. And this information comes from LA precinct leaders who were there.

With that, I am flagging this post. I can't believe that the LA GOP would subvert one of there own candidates. But it is happening. He also said that they changed the delegate rules at the last second, going AGAINST THEIR OWN PARTY RULES. I mean Jesus, where does this end? What's it going to take for each candidate to get a fair shot?

Honestly, I think it is going to take a whole new political/election system. I am afraid that Dr. Paul has not stood a chance from the beginning. I would take bets that even if he won 99% of the votes he wouldn't be elected. I am surprised that you are still surprised to be honest.

**Shakes fist at Oldworlddisorder!! Just kidding

Cant shake a first only a fist

[edit on 28-1-2008 by sputniksteve]

[edit on 28-1-2008 by sputniksteve]

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

Ron's in the party, but not with the InCrowd.

That is the exact reason why Ron Paul is the best candidate in my opinion!

Look at the shape this country is in now!

THANK the IN-CROWD!

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I’ve been following the hanky panky in LA with much interest, and I’ve no doubt that there is much more irregularity to follow. NH and Nevada still haven’t been sorted out yet, and by the time super Tuesday is over, they may both be long forgotten about. We can’t let that happen though, we’ve got to keep documenting every bit of vote fraud throughout the process. Good work and keep it up. Viva Ron Paul!!!

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by resistor
We can’t let that happen though, we’ve got to keep documenting every bit of vote fraud throughout the process. Good work and keep it up. Viva Ron Paul!!!

Well this goes beyond simple vote fraud, in this case. It appears to be a deliberate, targeted conspiracy against Ron Paul by his own party. I am starting to wonder if the RNC could have something to do with the lack of media coverage on him. I wonder to what extent they may be directing the media what to show, not to mention localized cases like this of a conspiracy directed from a state level.

The more I dig, the more I find.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

It doesn't seem to be limited to the media, that's for sure.

For example, at our local Republican Committee meeting, people were slated to speak for each of the candidates. RP's spokesman went first; it was supposed to be three minutes each to talk about platforms, etc... they gave him about 45 seconds to a minute before they gaveled him to sit down... they then proceeded to give each of the other spokesmen 2 1/2 to 3 minutes each...

That's OK though... RP still won the straw poll. The Committee chairman was non-plussed about it (though he did say he was glad to see so many people there) and I could definitely sense in the committee that they were biased. Don't get me wrong -- some of the long-time members of the committee support RP too, but the chairman was quoted in the local paper as saying "I think it would be wrong to over-interpret this [vote]."

There is definitely something afoot. To say it is an outright conspiracy is going too far, I think.

A friend of mine recently told me of a report that the KGB made to the Cremlin during the Reagan campaign: "This man [Reagan] is a dangerous man; his words and his actions do not betray one another."

Ron Paul is a dangerous man, if you are "the establishment," and I think we are seeing behavior from those who wish to maintain the status quo that only bolsters that idea.

If they weren't afraid of him, they wouldn't snub him.

My problem is this: If the American people would reject Ron Paul, then I would argue that it is important for them to at least know what they are rejecting.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by resistor

I hear ya man. I just voted today here in Florida (Ron Paul of course
). I sure hope my 'vote' gets counted. They had electronic machines, though, I'm not sure of the make, but I assume Diebold.

Time to sit back and watch the live votes be counted in a down fashion again...

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by The AxemanMy problem is this: If the American people would reject Ron Paul, then I would argue that it is important for them to at least know what they are rejecting.

That's the thing. They don't know what they are rejecting.

The Media never lets Paul talk about his ideas on the issues. He gets less than half the time the other candidates do, and any question that is ever asked to him, is either sarcastic and unrelated to the issues and more so to do with how the other candidates perceive him (unelectable, crazy, uninformed, etc..).

No one knows his stances, because no media gives him the time of day to actually tell the American people what he thinks. It's sickening.

Then you have the people who just vote off of name recognition or something superificial like a candidate's looks. There are people voting for Romney solely due to him being the best looking candidate (no I'm not gay). Then you have people voting for Hillary and Obama solely due to their gender/race and because of last name recognition.

It seems as if Americans don't give a hoot about the candidates actual stances on the issues, more so just about what they look like and how the media perceives them to be.

If Americans really did know what they were voting for...they would NOT be voting for McCain. 75% of Americans are against the War in Iraq, so why in the blue hell is McCain winning delegates on his stance of keeping America in Iraq for the next 100 years?

Honestly, it's insane. I am ashamed to share this country with such morons known as the general American public. *This does not include ATS --you people actually know who stands for what.*

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Let me tell what is a conspiracy to me.

this same subject has been covered already in 3 different
posts here and even some of them have been moved
to the above politics forum cuz it is politically based.
Why has this thread been allowed to remain in ATS
when it should be in APS with the other political arenas?

Here are the other 3 threads at APS:

Paul not allowed to win

Did Paul just take the LA Caucus

Media failure to give fair coverage

I mean how many threads on this same subject does there
have to be in order to be called "beating a dead horse"?

True American, the topics are posted already if you'll take
the time to search for them and leave the politics in APS.

While I am an avid supporter of RP, I think this kind of
double and triple posting of the same topic is kinda
useless and wastes threads here at ATS and borders on
sensationalism.

Just my opinion

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by SimonSays

I was told by staff the other day that . As long as there in different sections and are referring to different articles and or takes on the same subject . They are permitted.

As one may put a conspiracy spin on it for the conspiracy section . One for the science involved . One if it happened in space . ect.

But thats just what i was told . Maybe someone who's opinion matters will chime in

I would quote the pm . But i think thats rude and probably against the TOS.

[edit on 29-1-2008 by oLDWoRLDDiSoRDeR]

[edit on 29-1-2008 by oLDWoRLDDiSoRDeR]

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Hmm, well for someone who's only been registered at ATS for a few days, you sure do know a lot about it, OldWorld. I mean heck look at Simon there, registered longer than you and apparently sick and tired of reading RP stories already, to the point that he'd come in here and tell one of his own friends to take it over to AP- and apparently unaware of exactly what you just mentioned. What's wrong with this picture? Or better yet, what's wrong with your picture?

But nah, it's just my imagination telling me you've been here before.

Simon, an ATS conspiracy to leave my thread in BAN, while the rest were moved to AP? ROFL.

Come on now, really. Isn't that a bit over the top?

Who knows why they left it... Some get moved, some don't. They have their reasons, and 99% of the time they are plenty good enough for me.

In the future it may serve you better to use the COMP/SUGG button in your member center if you really feel a thread is out of place, or duplicated in the same forum.

I think it's important to point out that conspiracies often involve politics. But I think one distinction between AP and ATS is that in ATS there is tougher policing on the evidence provided to back up opinion of a conspiracy. If I recall correctly, AP was created to provide a place where more opinion and political bickering could take place, without the more rigid expectations of ATS and ATSNN (now BAN).

ON TOPIC:
Oh, that's right, there is a topic to discuss.
Well, I guess since I have provided no evidence whatsoever, and just given my opinion in this thread, there is nothing to see here folks, Hurry long...

new topics

top topics

join