It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An American Idol Moment Everyone Needs To See

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
To any fan, or hater, of the show... this is a short clip that everyone can enjoy.

Thoughts?

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I would LOVE to see Randy Jackson pound Simon.
Although I kind of agree with Simon on a few points, he is still an ogre and it's about time Paula and Randy really sock it to him.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Randy Jackson would be dropped like a toilet seat!

Like have an opinion as long as we like it!! It's all part of the paradigm of the show!!

LMAO

MonKey

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   
What season is that? I couldn't tell.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Megaton

Looking at the judges and the set, I'd say one of the earlier ones for sure.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Love him or loathe him, Simon is very rarely wrong about the artists abilities/performance.

X-FACTOR UK last season was complete and utter garbage.There wasn't one memorable act in the whole season..
The 'sob stories' were plain embarrasing and totally irrelevant.
The acts were superficial,plastic and amateurish.. not fit for Kiddies holiday camp cabarets.

After last years acts??? Wow!! Leona Lewis, Ray and even Ben were right on the money from the start.

This clip kinda shows the difference in culture across the Atlantic I suppose.
I love Randy and Paula,BUT when it comes to the nitty gritty and harsh criticism is required,it always seems to me left up to Mr Nasty.

example..

Simon.
"That was awful,out of tune,lifeless and boring" followed by Simon gettin booed.

Randy.
"Yo man..lotta love you know what I mean..I can see you gave it your best shot and I gotta hand it to you for putting it on the line..but I wasn't feeling it..But hey the audience liked it.. Right guys??" followed by sympathetic applause.

Which comment is more beneficial to the performer.. really??

When you have shows like this with people putting their whole futures on the line,they HAVE to be told the truth if they stink.
Yeah it might seem harsh at the moment,but what happens when they sell up their car,house..quit their jobs and get into debt because no-one has been honest with their performance ability..
The end result of a 'kind word' or 'little white lies' to save feelings could end up being emotionally and financially disastrous in the long run.

Anyhoo.. everyone loves the 'bad guy' more
.. movies too.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Simon is mean, basically, but he speaks his mind, and i don't think there's anything wrong with that. My friend david archuleta made it through to hollywood this season, so for any idol fans out there, make sure to root for david!

[edit on 25-1-2008 by chissler]

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Simon tells it as it is, you can not eat fries and chocolate all the time you need the good food too even if people are not likely to eat it because it makes your body last longer, same with the singers, some will be foregotton if not all if talant is not addressed.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Love him or loathe him, Simon is very rarely wrong about the artists abilities/performance.

Yep, oddly he usually says the same comment I make to my wife during the person's audition...(not saying I'm always right, but since two of us are saying it at the same time, it feels better to me, hehe...) Paula's a bit too noncommittal to be a judge, and Randy's gotten more honest about what's good and what isn't... Simon simply tells it like it is though, for the most part...and he's probably saved many folks from trying to be a musician when they simply don't have it....

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
randy jackson would break his bass guitar over simons head, even though simon is right...

randy jackson is a bass player you know.

en.wikipedia.org...

Jackson played bass in violin virtuoso Jean-Luc Ponty's backing band. His numerous credits range from playing with Aretha Franklin, George Michael, Clarence "Gatemouth" Brown, Billy Cobham, Blue Öyster Cult, Herbie The Car, Richard Marx, Madonna, Billy Joel, Journey, Bon Jovi and Bob Dylan to playing at the Grand Ole Opry with The Charlie Daniels Band. His production/songwriting work in the San Francisco Bay area with Narada Michael Walden and Walter Afanasieff led Jackson to be quite in demand as a producer himself

edit to add that frank zappa had jon luc ponty in his band as far back as 1969...wurd up.....
simon knows the deal but randy really is a hell of a musician and producer

[edit on 13-2-2008 by Boondock78]

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by solidgroundcafe
My friend david archuleta made it through to hollywood this season, so for any idol fans out there, make sure to root for david!

[edit on 25-1-2008 by chissler]

He has one of the best voices so far this season in my family's opinion, and he's only sixteen. We like him.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Which one was David again? what did he look like?

Edit: saw him on youtube, he's got a good rough type voice, will sound even better when he's older.

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 13-2-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
David is a very likable guy. Good looks, strong voice, and a great personality. I'm not American, but of all the guys on this year's season, he'd be the one I'd vote for early. You need confidence, but when you teeter on arrogance it completely puts you off. I'm a fan of this young guy, so be sure to send best wishes to him.

I hope he does well.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 05:36 AM
link   
That was good. I cant imagine them physically fighting.

new topics

top topics

join